October 25, 2014 | 1822 users online

Lip Treatments - Blistex - DCT for lips - Daily Conditioning Treatment SPF 20

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by formika8476

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

*HG* I've been using this for about 20 years. I've tried dozens of others, but this is the one I keep coming back to. It stays on long enough to moisturize (unlike Kiehl's, Yes to Carrots, Soft Lips) and doesn't dry out my lips like the longer-wearing wax-based balms (chapstick, burt's bees, eos, rosebud, nivea).

Goes on slightly glossy, but leaves my lips feeling plump and protected even after the initial gloss subsides. SPF 20, smells subtly of vanilla but nothing obtrusive, and works nicely as a cuticle cream in a pinch. Love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2014 5:54:00 AM More reviews by deedeej

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently started using this again and noticed that my lips became even drier and more cracked so I googled the product and came across some pages saying that there is a drying agent in some lip products and that they can become addictive http://www.lipbalmanonymous.com/category/industry/blistex/
it's funny that when I used to use this product years ago I also had really painful cracked lips. It could be a coincidence. I'll stop using it and find out if my lips improve. It's supposed to take a while after stopping using it for your lips to improve.
i just looked at the ingredients list on the container and it says that it conatins the following drying agents: menthol and candelilla cera (which I believe is wax).
What works best for me is actually l'oreal's Glamshine 6hr gloss in fuchsia obsession. It's not a lip balm but keeps my lips soft and moisturised.
So I just put some aloe vera gel on my lips as they were really painful and then the gloss. Hopefully my lips will be in better shape soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by BohemianChic89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Lip saving product! Lasts a very long time on my lips and it works! It just plain works!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 2:47:00 AM More reviews by BeautyBrunette16

I adore this!! It's so great. I wish it came in a tube though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyM11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My absolute favorite! My lips are always dry and cracked if I literaly dont put some lipbalm on them and this really helps. This keeps my lips moisturized for hours (which is something Ive never experienced).
The smell is very medical but than I started to get use to it and kind of like it.
Makes my fingers greas though, but would you expect from the packaging.
LOVE IT

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 7:50:00 AM More reviews by ciaobellakate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like this. it's no lip medex in terms of treating chapped lips but it contains spf and doesn't have a bad aftertaste.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by 089315r

The absolute, 100%, without a doubt, the BEST lip balm/chap/treatment ever. This is my ultimate favourite and I can't live without it. I've never found anything better. I cannot recommend it enough.

I am obsessed with the smell; absolutely love it. So moisturizing and softening. I'm surprised anyone could have something bad to say about this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by ellablue123

This is the ONLY lip moisturizer ill use!! I have tried every other kind and this is the only only lip balm that can condition and soften my lips overnight even if they are super dry. It smells nice, and absorbs quickly and softens within half an hour. It's amazing stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by leahlovesrosie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

First off, let me start by saying if you want something for chapped lips this is not for you. But, if you want something to lock in moisture and keep lips smooth, this is great. It is very thin, which makes it a perfect base. I love using it in summer as a base for lip products because of the spf. In summer this is a key essential for my morning routine. If your lips are a little bit dry, this is great for smoothing them out. It provides a little bit of moisture, but not a ton if you are looking to heal chapped lips. It has a normal Blistex scent and no taste. I would recommend this as a nice base.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by arer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best lipbalm out there, has a tingly sensation, spf 20 and my lips stay soft all the time, i use it two times a day, in the morning and before bed.