April 18, 2014 | 1376 users online

Eye Primer - Hard Candy - Eye Base Pencil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2004 11:40:00 PM More reviews by countesscocofang

A great neutral base for eyeshadow application. Creamy and smooth, and doesn't come off easily unless you put the spurs to it with your eye makeup remover. Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2004 5:12:00 PM More reviews by vina501

great! makes the perfect highlight under the eyebrows! and its huge so it will last forever. Plus you can use it for just about everything. UPDATE: I have found that this pencil works extremely well faking the awake look that so many other companies have a seperate product for. Just a dab in the inner corner of your eye and if you want you can line the inner lower rim of you eye as well. It works great. This is a great multi-tasker.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2003 12:52:00 AM More reviews by elvish_penguin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh my gosh! I can't believe this is getting such horrible reviews!!

I LOVE this thing! Its not the BEST for what its supposed to be used for but this is my "everything pencil" First of all, I got this for 9.50 for the size and quality of this product thats awesome. And then theres the SOOOO many uses that this has. Skipping??? HAH! Its soooo creamy it goes on so easily. Its GREAT to use alone as an eye color or its even better to LINE your eyes with...its just so pretty for the eyes. Use it in place of white eyeliner or light pink eyeliner to give your eyes that bright wide awake look...this thing is really good for tired looking eyes...I used this on my mom. not just on her eyes but I used it to conceal small imperfections which worked well...and then I just went crazy and blended it into her skin...she has SUCH horrible allergies and sensitive skin and she had no problems with this. And then after I was done she looked in the mirror and freaked! She thought she looked ten times younger and said she looked soooo much healthier too! I'm definitely gonna try to purchase one for her soon. Not only do I use this for eyes and face but its great on the lips too...some people might like it by itself on their lips, but i blend normally matte and cream lipsticks in this to give me a new shimmery or frosty color! This pencil is a good size (its a chubby pencil) and it comes with a really cute sharpener (btw- i had no problem fitting this into my avon sharpener but i havent tried other chubby pencil sharpeners) and a cute blending brush...totally worth the 9.50 I spent on it. I love this so much!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2003 11:42:00 PM More reviews by MiaGator

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is basically a big, fat neutrally colored shadow pencil. Not very foundation-like. It adds a slight sheen to the lids, and I found it hard to apply without it skipping. I HATE tugging at my eyelids for any reason, so this is on my dog list. Also, if you happen to misplace the sharpener, this thing fits in no sharpener known to Woman. Didn't noticeably help my shadow stick.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2003 3:12:00 PM More reviews by jago

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product looks really neat when applied, I've found success using it as a sort of "eye grease". However, I have not found it to be effective in helping to prevent creasing or streaking of my shadow. When the makeup consultant first applied it, I did think it was pretty, and I purchased it right away. It helps the shadow to go on smooth, but I can also get that effect from putting some foundation on my eyelid. Not much staying power (I must say that I do have fairly oily lids, hehe). :)