Moroccanoil Extra Volume Shampoo

on 4/23/2015 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm a loyal Redken user but switched to this temporarily when I received it as part of my BeautyDNA subscription. This stuff keeps my hair healthy looking and feeling, and while it doesn't seem particularly volumizing, it also doesn't weigh my hair down, which makes me happy. The shampoo smells great and it's sulfate free, which I appreciate. It doesn't feel like a sulfate free shampoo, meaning it lathers up well and still feels luxurious. I like it but I probably wouldn't repurchase because of the price. 8 oz of this stuff costs the same as 1L of my favorite Redken shampoo or conditioner.

This is a good volumizing shampoo, though your hair feels dry after you shampoo, so conditioner is imperative, and I'd recommend the matching conditioner for that purpose. The problem for me is this, it's a small bottle for a lot of money, and I'm not fond of the smell. It did what it claimed to do, it volumized my baby fine hair, but I don't like the smell. It's unpleasant to my nose and then it fades, which is handy for me but might be a problem for others. I prefer Briogeo if I'm spending a lot for volumizing shampoo and conditioner. They're natural smelling also but they lean towards the citrusy, sweet side of the fragrance spectrum. I would not repurchase, but mostly because of price and smell. They do work as promised so if you like the scent then by all means, these are really good to use. I'd either rather spend less on something that works just as well or if I splurge, buy something I like the smell of more. Just a little too earthy and mild for me. Just was a bad fit. I will use up the bottles but won't repurchase. I made the mistake of buying from the website and there are no returns. I was trying to avoid going to a salon that had them because I find that they try to rope you into an appointment and I don't need my hair cut. Anyhow, try this in the salon if you can because I think this won't be a hit with everyone simply due to the scent. I'm happy it's a win for others but it just wasn't my cup of tea.

on 3/21/2015 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a comparison between the Moroccanoil Volume Shampoo, Conditioner and the Moroccanoil Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner. I have Coloured Dark straight Long Layered below the shoulder length hair. I don't think it gives me any extra volume but does make my hair soft and shiny. I felt that with the Moisturizing one, after 2 days I need to wash again as normally I could go an easy 4 days with the volume shampoo set as it doesn't make my hair look dirty. When I wash my hair with the Moisturising Shampoo and Conditioner my hair feels drier but on day 2 it looks greasy which was surprising because I don't have greasy hair. The smell of both sets smells like the lovely Moroccanoil. I bought both 500ml bottles which comes with pumps which makes it easier in the shower. I will keep re-purchasing the Volume Shampoo and Conditioner but would not re-purchase the Moisturising. shampoo and Conditiiner again.

on 3/1/2015 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG volumizing shampoo. I've tried so many, and this one was recommended to me by the first hair stylist who actually knew how to cut my long baby fine hair. My hair is ridiculously fine and straight and I have a lot of it, so it easily goes totally flat with the wrong products. This shampoo a bit expensive, so I was apprehensive at first, but I've gone through several bottles now and have no desire to try anything else.

It smells really nice and fresh, with a slight herbal fragrance. It gets my hair really clean without stripping it, so there is nothing to weigh my hair down but as a result my hair also has more body because it's healthier and stronger. It rinses out easily leaving that light, fresh scent. Unfortunately the accompanying conditioner is much more strongly fragranced. I still use it together with this shampoo, but I wish the scent was the same strength in the conditioner as it is in the shampoo.

With this shampoo, I grew my hair down to my waist before it started looking too flat. Highly, highly recommend.

on 12/3/2014 4:54:00 PM

High quality shampoo that doesn't weigh down my ultra fine hair. The fragrance is heaven. Price is worth it because you only need a dab to wash hair.

on 6/19/2014 8:35:00 PM

I totally agree with the review below i have fine blonde hair, this stuff beats kenzi, argan, keratin, etc.. I went to school for cosmetology and believe me, this line will fix even the finest over processed hair better than a keratin treatment w/o breaking it, buy their paddle brush even if you've never used one and all that hair you've colored that's been falling out or you've been losing from stress, give it a week, it won't be in this brush at all, volume shampoo and conditioner light mask once a week oil each time you wash, use a wet hair comb, then dry and style with their paddle brush. You can move over to sham pure or pureology purple or something more volumizing later even lanza and kenzi oil. I'd rather see you morrocan and shampure forever and fyi i went to paul mitchell and teach dance so i'm not selling.

on 2/8/2014 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

After using this product with the conditioner and hair oil for almost a year, it's safe to say I really like it. Does it deliver extremely voluminous hair? No, that's what hairspray is for. My hair is naturally auburn, not very dense/pretty thin, with fine strands and long. This combination of products does make my hair much less frizzy, less flat, shiny, and just overall healthy. The natural waves in my hair are much less flat, and much less frizzy, which is a godsend. I've been wearing my hair natural since a few months after starting these products, when I realized how healthy and beautiful it looked. The real test was when I noticed my hair stopped falling out when I started using these products, so I recognize they are much less harsh than what I had been using. I know it's expensive, but my hair seriously hasn't looked this good in ten years. I'm still on an ultimate quest to find a regimen that delivers everything this does plus amazing volume, but this the best I've found, and it's great!