December 22, 2014 | 1779 users online

Eye Primer - Coastal Scents - step one eye primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by cyens

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

First eye primer ever purchased. I don't know why I waited so long.
Great product, I can finally wear all those mineral eyeshadow without them creasing or fading, they apply super smoothly without fallouts. I've been a fool to think I can use mineral eyeshadow without a primer. Also makes regular eyeshadow goes on more smoothly and makes the color a lot more vibrant. So I no longer need to foil my mineral eyeshadow, I can just apply them when the primer is still slightly wet.

A little goes a long way, just need a tiny bit to get this to work. The packaging is great nothing bad to say about it.

I just can't compare it to any other primer. I've use mac paint when they used to come in a metallic paint tube almost 10 years ago, and I really hated it.
But this, this is great, feels like I'm wearing nothing, which is what I want.

Pros:
-Little goes a long way
-Keeps eyeshadow and pigment from fading or creasing
-Makes eyeshadow or pigment color more vibrant
-Doesn't feel sticky on the eyelid, feels like your not wearing anything

Cons:
-Contains parabens
-Made in china
-Needs to be ordered, cannot be bought locally, which increases the price a lot if you only need to order one thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by violetwasteland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I prefer this over tarte's clean slate eye primer. It's super affordable, lasts for months because you only need a tiny amount, and it keeps my eyeshadow crease free all day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by susu42

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

If anyone on here has read my reviews especially on eye products they will know that i have super oily eyelids and have been on a quest to find a primer that will help with keeping eyeshadow/liner from creasing and fading i also have hooded eyes. I have tried and reviewed quite a number of eyeprimers both eye end, drugstore, and from indie stores. So far i have found only one product from a seller on Etsy that work and then recently when Coastal Scents had their holiday sale i decided to give their new eyeprimer a shot since it was half price, and i must say im very impressed with it, some people are comparing it with Urban Decay for those who have used it, i tried a sample of Urban Decay and it didnt work for me but this is flesh colored and comes in a small squeeze tube and when applied drys down to a matte like finish, i have worn it all day and my eyeshadow still looked good and i didnt experience any major creasing until very late at night if i wore makeup all day, so i would say give this a shot full price on the Coastal Scent website is 9.95 so that isnt bad at all compared to drugstore primers these day. This product gets a thumbs up from me