Coastal Scents step one eye primer

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This primer is fantastic! I picked it up during a sale so I got it for around $6, and normal price through the Coastal Scents website is $10 I think. That's half the price or even less than most of the eyeshadow primers out there! I've been using Urban Decay Primer Potion and Too Faced Shadow Insurance for years, and also had been using the Nars eyeshadow primer for 3 weeks before I got this one in the mail, so I'll do a run down comparison of performance. CS: thinner/more slick in feel than UDPP or TFSI. Feels silky and luxurious like the Nars primer. The Nars often started creasing around the 8 hr mark, but I've only seen the CS primer crease once after 18 hr wear. Helps shadows blend more easily, as it isn't quite as tacky or sticky as the UDPP or TFSI. I haven't noticed any fading, though probably if you're trying to really pack on color a stickier base might be better, so you could use UDPP or TFSI or add something like a cream base. My recommendation: TRY this primer! It's cheap, it's just as good or better than the other primers I've mentioned, which are double the price. It's smooth, helps shadows blend effortlessly, lasts all day, and doesn't crease.

on 12/5/2014 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The primer turned super water after just 2 weeks and separated. I have now bought LA splash primer ( made in USA yay! ) and wow... the difference is night and day. I have the LA Splash primer for over 6 months now and it has not separated.
Considering it's made in China, it separated within 2 months and needs to be ordered online, I will not repurchase and changed my review based on this experience

Original review:
First eye primer ever purchased. I don't know why I waited so long.
Great product, I can finally wear all those mineral eyeshadow without them creasing or fading, they apply super smoothly without fallouts. I've been a fool to think I can use mineral eyeshadow without a primer. Also makes regular eyeshadow goes on more smoothly and makes the color a lot more vibrant. So I no longer need to foil my mineral eyeshadow, I can just apply them when the primer is still slightly wet.

A little goes a long way, just need a tiny bit to get this to work. The packaging is great nothing bad to say about it.

I just can't compare it to any other primer. I've use mac paint when they used to come in a metallic paint tube almost 10 years ago, and I really hated it.
But this, this is great, feels like I'm wearing nothing, which is what I want.

-Little goes a long way
-Keeps eyeshadow and pigment from fading or creasing
-Makes eyeshadow or pigment color more vibrant
-Doesn't feel sticky on the eyelid, feels like your not wearing anything

-Contains parabens
-Made in china
-Needs to be ordered, cannot be bought locally, which increases the price a lot if you only need to order one thing.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I prefer this over tarte's clean slate eye primer. It's super affordable, lasts for months because you only need a tiny amount, and it keeps my eyeshadow crease free all day.

on 1/19/2014 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

If anyone on here has read my reviews especially on eye products they will know that i have super oily eyelids and have been on a quest to find a primer that will help with keeping eyeshadow/liner from creasing and fading i also have hooded eyes. I have tried and reviewed quite a number of eyeprimers both eye end, drugstore, and from indie stores. So far i have found only one product from a seller on Etsy that work and then recently when Coastal Scents had their holiday sale i decided to give their new eyeprimer a shot since it was half price, and i must say im very impressed with it, some people are comparing it with Urban Decay for those who have used it, i tried a sample of Urban Decay and it didnt work for me but this is flesh colored and comes in a small squeeze tube and when applied drys down to a matte like finish, i have worn it all day and my eyeshadow still looked good and i didnt experience any major creasing until very late at night if i wore makeup all day, so i would say give this a shot full price on the Coastal Scent website is 9.95 so that isnt bad at all compared to drugstore primers these day. This product gets a thumbs up from me