Clairol Herbal Essences Naked Shine

3.9

on 1/22/2015 5:07:00 PM

HOLY CRAP. This is one of the best shampoos I've tried!!! I was looking for a good clarifying shampoo, and the drugstore I went to only had the Alberto Vo5 available but I hated that one.
So I looked at this and noticed it was meant for shine and it has 0% silicones, so logically it works as a clarifying shampoo.
It smells very nice, just strong enough. The texture of the shampoo is REALLY weird, it's like if you were touching styling gel for men's hair. Seriously, however... it does lather very well, removes residue and leaves hair very clean!!!! The best part???? IT'S SO FREAKING SHINY AND SOFT I CAN'T STOP TOUCHING IT! I used it two times in a row. The first time I used it my hair felt immediately free of gunk yet very soft and I didn't need conditioner at all. The second time however, my hair felt too squeaky clean upon rinsing, so I used HE hello hydration conditioner afterwards and my hair looks and feels AMAZING!!!! So I will definitely be using this as a clarifying shampoo once in a while with no need of a hair mask!! <3

Pros:
Lovely scent
Lathers really well
Removes build up
Cleans well
Leaves hair very soft and SHINY! (Best results if used along with your fave condish)

Cons:
It can strip your hair if you use it everyday. That sucks since it makes my hair really shiny. But I'm happy :)

After trying my first HE product, honey Im strong shampoo which was plain HORRIBLE, I thought Id never purchase any HE product ever again. However, I've been head over heels with hello hydration conditioner, touchably smooth conditioner and this shampoo!!!

<333333

on 9/26/2014 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Background, I have fine, dry, color treated hair. I struggle to find the right shampoo and conditioner for my hair. Anything strong dries my hair out more than it already is and makes my hair a tangled, poufy, unbrushable mess. I tend to over moisturize which make my hair easy to manage but weighs it down and leads to frequent washing and build up. This product is just right for my hair, it cleans without feeling stripped. It also does not build up and weigh hair down. Just perfectly clean hair, and this is dirt cheap.

on 7/31/2014 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Not really impressed with this. I had to repeat which I hate to do, especially in the summer when I wash my hair more. It lathered well but my hair just didn't feel very clean. I recently tried Pantene's new Weekly Cleanse and that shampoo really makes my hair feel squeaky clean without stripping it. But I got this really cheap at CVS this week with the sale and $3 coupon so no big whoop.

on 7/8/2014 8:29:00 PM

I bought 8 of these!!! LOVE IT! Smells so good and makes my hair very clean! No parabens!!! Win-win!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got this on sale at HEB along with the Naked Shine conditioner.
This did give my dry thick hair some shine-but I do have dry hair and it usually takes my hair three days before it even becomes somewhat oily.
With this Naked shine shampoo my hair only lasted clean atleast one day and by the second day my hair seemed really sweaty and oily.. :/
I will finish the bottle (and the conditioner is no good either) but I will not purchase this aweful product again.

Avoid if you have hair.

on 3/10/2014 12:03:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have oily hair and I find that most shampoos build up in my hair. I had been using Pantene Aqua Light 2 in 1 and that worked for about a year and a half or so but I had to start washing my hair twice to remove oils/products which was just annoying and time consuming (my hair is quite long as well). So I was looking for a daily cleansing shampoo and picked this up.
I started using it and was happy with the results the first time because it took out the build up and made my hair clean. That being said, this is not an everyday shampoo. I used it everyday and it stripped my hair to nothing. It was coarse/dry feeling even after using a deep conditioner and a leave in conditioner everyday. It also made my hair really hard to style. So I would use this for those of you who need to remove build up from time to time but not everyday. I think this would also work really well for those who are in competitive sports and have to plaster their hair down. This should take out all the gel/hair spray by the second time and quickly at that (been there, done that). So yes, this is a good product, just use sparingly and moisturize a lot afterwards.

on 1/31/2014 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this as a clarifying shampoo. Gets my hair really clean since my hair is on the oily side.

on 1/14/2014 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product line caught my attention as I am always trying to avoid build up and prolong my color. I bought the shampoo, conditioner and shine spray. The smell is light and pleasant and my hair feels good after washing and conditioning. I use the spray on my wet hair in combo with another styling product and I am pleased. I have only used it 3 times so no long term data here. It is certainly affordable.

Popular Shampoos