L'Oreal Extraordinaire Gel-Lacque in Lacqueriste

on 4/11/2015 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

My review is also for the color "brilliant thinking" but I could not find its own section. This is supposed to be gel like and it is.. its pretty thick and the finish is nice and shiny even without a topcoat. I usually only need one or two coats and it is a nice flattering fushia that is not bright.. slightly rose colored. I REALLY like it but it does not last that long... my hands are used quite a bit though so most nailpolishes do. I do recommend this!

on 6/14/2014 3:04:00 AM

**This review is for the nail color only, not the 3-step kit, in the color "Brilliant Thinking"** This is probably the best nail polish I have used. First of all, the color is very highly pigmented and opaque, and even though the instructions said to use 2 coats, I definitely only needed one. It applies very smoothly. It dries fairly quickly - quick enough to be convenient, but not so fast that you can't touch up quickly if you need to. It also lasted much longer without chipping than other polishes I have used (although for some reason it didn't last as long on my toenails, just on my fingernails). Overall, a very beautiful polish, and I was amazed the first time I used it. A little pricey, but worth it.

on 2/9/2014 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really wanted to like this product, but sadly I was disappointed. Let's start with the good. The colors offered in the line are beautiful. I bought 715, nude (which is more of a dark plum nude, rather than peachy/pink nude) and 710 / Laqueriste which is a bright coral red. The first thing my co-worker said when she saw me with Laqueriste was that she wanted that polish. This polish gives a great high shine and it drys very quick.

The disappointing part is that it chips quickly. It chipped with both colors. I tried it with one coat of step 2 and then 2 coats of step 2, but it still chippled. For the price, and to see a chip the next day (both times) is a disappointment to me.

I supsect this is a good polish for those who are weaning themselves off acrylic, ceramic or other treatments that thinned their nails. This polish, does have a thick (not gooey) feel, that would be an asset for thinning dails due to sanding and excessive filing.

I hope others will have better luck than I did.

Popular Polishes