Clairol Herbal Essences Naked Cleansing Conditioner

3.6

on 7/18/2015 3:23:00 AM

After hearing good things about cleansing conditioners, I decided to pick this up while at my local drugstore. It comes with a decent pump and the consistency is thick and creamy. Definitely thicker than I was anticipating, almost like a body butter.

Unfortunately, this didn't work out for my hair. I have fine hair and it left a terribly greasy residue.

And so, it sat in my shower, unused. That is until I tried it on my skin on a whim. GAME CHANGER. It left my skin silky smooth to the point that I couldn't help touching my skin all day. The scent also lasted on my skin for hours which was another unexpected plus.

Would I recommend this for those with fine hair...probably not. However, if you're looking for a way to soften your skin in the shower, I'd definitely recommend giving this product a spin.

One note about the scent, it's powerful, so if you don't like rosemary and peppermint, I'd look elsewhere. It took me awhile to learn to like the scent, but it has grown on me. I wish it came in other scents though.

on 5/10/2015 8:55:00 PM

I'm on my third bottle of this. I haven't used it in place of my regular shampoo, but I use it as my second shower shampoo after the gym or after a humid day. I have a weird OCD thing where I have to wash my hair everyday, and every time I shower. This moisturizes my hair without stripping it, at the same time making it feel clean. I love this stuff! I hope it's never discontinued !!

on 4/29/2015 11:27:00 PM

I started using cleansing conditioners 3 years ago. I only use traditional shampoo when I get samples. This is one of my favorite co-washes. The smell is light and natural, minty and herbal. Because of my job I have to wash my hair everyday, which is why I switched to co washing. This cleans my hair and doesn't dry it out. It doesn't weigh my hair down either. I can wash and air dry with out even brushing my hair. I do have super straight so that's probably why I don't need to brush it.
The only downside is the packaging. The pump doesn't touch the bottom that well. I have to either transfer the rest to a different container (it's about a week and a half uses still) or take the cap off and shake out what need every time.

I've repurchased this repeatedly, as well as the Colour Me Happy version - I love them both! I think they work well for what you're paying for. I've bought expensive cleansing conditioners, and I found that these seem to work much better in my hair. I think if you're curious about them, you should give them a try! The price makes it much easier to do that.

on 3/24/2015 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used to think this was a good product as this was my first cleansing conditioner ever, but I've noticed there are better things in the drugstore. I made sure to apply the conditioner straight to the scalp and then massaged it in, and distributed the rest of the product down to the ends of my hair. In all, this process took about 5 minutes and 7 pumps of product. I was astounded at how it would not spread to the rest of my hair like other cleansing conditioners I've tried; it has a strange wax-like formula to it that really just sticks to the hair and makes it feel heavy. I also did not feel any tingling on my scalp even though this has a minty smell to it, which leads me to believe that this might contain some artificial perfumes(?) [someone correct me if I'm wrong]. After my hair was dried, it did not feel clean even after all the scalp massaging. My hair was soft but it felt heavy and full of residue.
I will give this 3 lippies for these reasons:

1) The smell-- The mint-rosemary smell is a bit too strong for me (make sure you smell it in-store), but I'm not going to lie and say it does not smell good...honestly, if I hugged a friend and her hair smelt like this I would ask her what product she was using. Oh! And I feel as if the scent is fairly unisex.

2) Texture- I know I was complaining about the texture, but perhaps it has to do with my hair type. I have normal to thick hair that is wavy-straight (it leans more on the normal-straight side). My friend who has curly, course, thick hair has used this and loves it.

3) Packaging- This product comes in a pump that is very sturdy. Just try to avoid putting this up on a shower-rack as it is not something you want falling down and hitting you.

My last con I have with this product is that it cost $7.99 CAD and is only available in Rexall/Pharma Plus here in Canada. I think I have seen the rose scented one at Walmart, but I have a funny feeling that this product and that product are not the same...

Overall: Save your $$, try a different cleansing conditioner (Pantene :))

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking to try a new shampoo/conditioner and saw this at Target for $4.99. When I used it the first time, I was so happy at how quickly this washed the oil out of my greasy roots. Normally I had to use a lot of shampoo to break down my hair's oil, but this cleared it up almost immediately. It took about 2 weeks for my hair to adjust to this product, and in those two weeks it felt greasier than usual.

My hair type: nearly shoulder length, thick, fine textured, slight natural wave.

Here is how I use it:

1. Apply 3 pumps of product into hair, distributing throughout but primarily focusing on dirty areas (for me, it's my roots and the back of my hair)
2. Rinse after about 2 minutes
3. Apply a small amount of shampoo to roots to remove any residual conditioner where I don't need it (again, my roots)

Pros:
-Breaks down oil quickly
-Smells great
-Pump bottle is nice and sturdy, and easy to use
-My hair is shinier and softer than it was before using this product
-BONUS: I love this as a cream for shaving underarms and legs!

Cons:
-Is very moisturizing, so I still have to use some shampoo
-I can't go as long without washing as I did before

This product makes my hair really shiny and soft. The downside is I have to wash my hair more often with this because it is so moisturizing. I recommend using a heat protector since this product is not enough to protect from styling damage.

on 2/17/2015 9:34:00 AM

I workout hard 6 days a week so I need to wash. This does the trick for me . It doesn't clean my oily scalp 100% but mostly I even use it to co wash coconut oil out. Cheap protein free co wash, though does have silicone so clarifying is necessary

on 1/24/2015 5:11:00 PM

I never write reviews, but this shampoo is the BEST!! The herbal essences in the bright bottles made my hair heavy and didn't feel clean...so I decided to give this a try. I'm in LOVE! No other shampoo has made my hair as soft and shiny as this does! It makes your hair feel really light, and I never have tangles when I'm brushing it out. The smell is light and wonderful too! I wash every other day and my hair is still soft and shiny on the second day. This is the only shampoo I will ever buy again! I have been recommending it to everyone!! A++ product!! :)

on 1/10/2015 6:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Ya know, I don't really know about this product. It cleanses my hair and seems to get rid of product buildup, but if I don't apply any sort of leave-in conditioner after my shower, my hair gets reaaaaaaaaally dry, almost brittle feeling, frizzy, and tangles incredibly easily. In the shower it doesn't really aid in taking out tangles either. I have 2C hair, and when using this with my leave-in, my curls are super bouncy, but there's still quite a bit of dry frizz. I also have to use 7-8 pumps for my just-past-shoulder length hair 'cause of how thick this product is and it doesn't really spread until I'm about it rinse it out. Unless I need to just apply to my scalp and ignore the rest of my hair until then? The smell is INCREDIBLY minty and herbal, and it overpowers just about everything, so if that's not your thing, this isn't your product.

I really just am not sure if I like this stuff or not. The pros and the cons kinda balance each other out, but I don't think it's necessarily worth a repurchase for me.

on 1/3/2015 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

So I used this product last night and WOW!
It smells amazing and feels so thick and creamy in my hair. I feel like it is actually cleaning instead of just sitting on my head doing nothing but conditioning.
I took a lippy for the package because I HATE squeeze bottles! I can't find the pump which I would much rather have.
Squeeze bottles like to slip out of my hands in the shower and hit my toes... ugh, can't stand em I tell ya!

Anyways, the product is amazing. My hair today is SO soft and smooth. Will def. buy again!