September 2, 2014 | 1797 users online

Hair - Clairol - Herbal Essences Naked Cleansing Conditioner

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I like that I can buy a large bottle of most of their shampoos and conditioners.
I like the idea behind this line but in the end was let down by the results.
My hair was very tangles when using this and I had much more breakage. Wish I would have stopped using it sooner.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

gahhhhh! I wanted to like this. It cleaned my hair alright and it left it soft and detangled. The problem that I have with this stuff is it smells terrible. The fragrance in this is very medicinal and the way it lingers in my hair makes me sick and dizzy! I can't stand it. I used this a few hours ago and Im about to re-wash my hair with something else because this is just bad.

If they made this in a more subtle, pleasant scent I would probably use it but I just cant stand the smell of it.

Pros
-cheap
-cleanses
-detangles

Cons
-medicinal smell that lingers

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Mandalaine

I have never used a cleansing conditioner before and I was really sceptical it would work on my hair. I have very fine hair but a lot of it with greasy roots and super dry ends. I have to wash daily to control the oil and my hair has really been tortured over the years with colouring and heat. It was pretty dull and lifeless. As I am trying to grow it past shoulder length I really needed a gentle but effective product that would cleanse but keep my hair strong. This is the one for me. I LOVE this so much, I've been using it for 3 weeks now, about 3 pumps does the job. My hair is so soft and manageable, no tangles at all! It now has a very healthy shine and I can even go a day between washes with a little dry shampoo. The mint makes my scalp tingle as I wash and takes out the oily look without over drying my hair. My ends are hydrated but not heavy. The smell took a little getting used to as it was so strong but it rinses very well and leaves a subtle scent that lasts all day. I typically now wash only once per week with Rehab by Lush and use the Naked CC daily (sometimes I skip a day). I think I could skip this extra step if I didn't use as much styling product, but I do find after 5-6 days of using only the Naked CC I get a waxy feeling to my hair so I haven't used it more than that without a Rehab wash. At this price I am stocking up in case they ever discontinue this!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by EmRose6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this stuff - really nice & lingering smell, and adds a decent amount of slip to my fine, thin hair - all within a handy dandy pump bottle. However, I was drawn to the idea of using this as a cleansing conditioner since I'm afraid stripping my hair of oil and dry ends. While this still left my ends nice and soft, after a day or two my roots would be a greasy mess. Oily headed gals, stay away for everyday "cleansing" on the scalp. I'd probably be better off just avoiding my scalp with this product. Great price too!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by BohemianChic89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am really liking this product! I have fine, oily hair and this works great for me without drying out my hair or leaving it greasy, plus it smells awesome! I will definitely re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Cmths

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim because I like the Herbal Essences Naked shampoo and conditioner. My hair is not what it used to be. I mean I am only 23, but it certainly isn't the same hair I had at 13 before it got really exposed to heat styling. I am on the (probably foolish) expedition to get my virgin hair back. A little hair info: my hair is very very dark. I have never colored it, permanent or otherwise. However, I do heat style it and, up until recently, shampoo every day. Other than that, it's perfectly "normal" hair. Wavy/curly, slightly frizzy, shiny, has a mind of it's own.

I tried Wen twice. The commercials all show the models with their shiny, flowing, flawless locks and I totally bought it hook, line, and sinker because I am a consumer and a product junky in my heart of hearts. I liked it for the first few go rounds, but it lost it's luster for me and I grew to hate the smell. My hair didn't feel clean and it certainly didn't look it.

But I LOVE this cleansing conditioner. It is better than Wen for a teeny fraction of the cost. And it lasts longer and spreads easier. and the smell is so pleasant. I am obsessed. It took a second to get used to no lather, but I had tried co-washing before and this isn't too different. Like all things, this takes some personalization. But I found the best routine that works for me:
1. Pump 7-8 times into my hand
2. Spread through roots and work through ends
3. Let sit while I finish bathing and other shower type things
4. Put a little water on my head and scrub my scalp gently
5. Rinse
6. Take small dab of regular conditioner (Pantene Smooth) and work through shaft of hair only, not roots
7. Rinse and done

It may sound like a lot, but it's really really not. The only negative I have isn't even really a negative: it makes my hair a little TOO soft, if that makes sense. I'm not even mad about that, just surprised. I will repurchase this over and over and recommend to anyone that has tried/wants to try/tried and hated Wen. Or really just basically anyone. And everyone. The whole world. It's a very positive step in trying to reclaim my hair of yester-year.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Synnfuleyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Ok, so I dont use this in the same way the directions say to, but the way I use it, it is my end all, be all!
I'm surprised to see mainstream brands try to jump on the WEN wagon. Let me start off by telling you that my hair is oily. Oily is perhaps an understatement. My hair needs to be washed again less than 18 hours after I've showered. It was no surprise to me that this product and other cleansing conditioners do virtually nothing to clean my oil rig of a scalp. BUT, for girls with oily hair, this is a MIRACULOUS conditioner!
Most girls with oily hair that is longer than shoulder-length can attest to having oily roots and frizzly ends. I am no different. This stuff is a life-saver to me!
I shampoo my hair only once now, instead of twice, with a clarifying shampoo. I then apply the 4 pumps of this conditioner to my hair and comb through it while still in the shower. Rinsing is the last thing I do before I get out. But OH, that rinse! *swoon* I have NEVER felt my hair so soft! EVER.
This stuff makes combing a breeze, and I even through an additional half-pump into my hair as a leave in. Ready for this? NO MORE FRIZZ! My hair looks awesome, my curls are defined, its bouncy, and shiny, and soft.
I am in love. Truly. My hair has been awful my whole life. But this cleansing conditioner has replaced my second-shampoo, my conditioner, and all of my styling products.
I definitely recommend. If it doesnt work to actually cleanse your hair, try it as a conditioner. I highly doubt you will be sorry.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Danielleox

I loved the smell of this conditioner whilst washing my hair, although the scent does not last long enough and that is a let down. This product did not meet my expectations, with it being paraben and colourent free, I expected it to make my hair soft, silky and shiny. But it did not make my hair feel like any of those things, instead it made my hair feel weak, dry and brittle, and did not even give my hair shine in which it claims to do. I will not purchase this again, major let down :(

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Ladypinkylee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this stuff so much. It smells terrific, and it removes a step from my shampoo/conditioner routine. But this cleansing conditioner dried out my hair something awful! I've been using it for almost a month and it has left my coarse, Asian hair really dry and frizzy with ZERO shine. That's hard to accomplish on dark, almost-black virgin hair. But my hair looks so damaged and parched now. At first I thought it was the weather and humidity making my hair look so bad, but after a couple days of perfect dry weather it remains looking like a rat's nest. Time to go back to the old fashioned way of cleansing and conditioning!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Deetzee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hello all! I'm traveling for business and all the different hotel water supplies had wreaked havoc on my hair! So I decided to run to Target in the latest city to grab something new. Enter Herbal Essences Naked Cleansing Conditioner.

Here's a little about my hair. It's straight, fine, thick, and flat. I wash every other day and use dry shampoo daily. I fight the flatness daily but I despise fuzzy dry hair! I mean, I was a southern hair stylist so big hair is a must!

That being said, I'm very impressed with this cleansing conditioner. My hair felt great. No tangles (which had been the bane of my existence on the road). The "alcohol" smell that had been mentioned in reviews wasn't that strong to me after I rinsed my hair but I'm also not very sensitive to those smells. It definitely doesn't give you much body but that's when I use a mattifier (I like osis) to add height without weighing hair down.

All in all, for the cost and the convenience I would definitely recommend this product. I will have my 8 year old daughter use it when I get home because she refuses to condition and then has issues with tangles.

Best of luck, beauties!