April 20, 2014 | 878 users online

Candles - Yankee Candles - Vanilla Chai

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Rlysrh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I first smelt this candle in the shop I wasn't too keen but after receiving a votive as a gift and burning it, I think it has become one of my favourites. It smells like ginger, vanilla and cinnamon, with hints of tea, and it also reminds me of baked goods like cakes and cookies a little bit. The smell is really strong in this candle, my single votive managed to fragrance the whole ground floor of my house.

Its a very warm, comforting smell, its like an extreme version of home sweet home, it reminds me of cakes and coffee shops. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who enjoys spicy, warm smells.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The new for autumn 2013 Vanilla Chai candle is described as "the perfect accompaniment to "me" time - a supremely satisfyingly rich and spicy recipe of ginger, cinnamon and vanilla." There's nothing that I can add to that - the fragrance fits the description exactly, and is so comforting at this time of the year.

As with all Yankee candles, the entirety of the wax is perfumed; I've used some candles where the fragrance burns up before the candle does, but that is not the case here. The fragrance lasts as long as the candle does and is strong enough to travel over the house. I even catch occasional wafts of the perfume whilst the candle is unlit.

I've found that the tarts and tea lights throw off a stronger scent than the candles, so I think that they are the better buys. I personally prefer to use the tealights; as well as having a stronger fragrance, there's the fact that for the price of a box of 12 scented tealights you get a total of 48 to 72 hours burn-time, so they offer the most value for money. The tealight costs less then 12 tarts or samplers would, so as well as being cheaper - and offering a similar burn time - then either the small jars and tumblers, and over half of the price less then the medium jars or tumblers.