August 1, 2014 | 931 users online

Pressed Powders - Almay - Skin Stays Clean Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2008 9:12:00 PM More reviews by yumcheesy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought mine in 'fair' at Big Lots for $4. I like the way it feels on my skin when I put it on but it doesn't control shine at all and I'm always re-applying. It doesn't match exactly but it was worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2007 10:02:00 PM More reviews by kyra1223

This powder is AWESOME over Almay Amazing Lasting Foundation (which was also discountinued). Almay getting rid of this powder was nother huge mistake!! And I know A LOT of you feel the same way!! Discontinued?? Not acceptable!!! I have written 3 letters and called twice to Almay. I seriously think that enough people let Almay know how great their old line of products USED to be, they just might reconsider! CALL OR WRITE!!!! TELL THEM HOW YOU FEEL!!!!! 1-800-992-5629 or fax them a letter- (919) 603-2953, or submit an email from their website:
Bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2007 5:38:00 AM More reviews by Periwinkle28

I have Almay Skin Stays Clean Pressed Powder in Medium. If you apply it right, it can make your skin look poreless and it gives good coverage. The only problem is that after 4 hours my face feels so sticky and grimy, all I can think about is how badly I want to go home and take a shower!!! Reapplying doesn't give good results, I look all streaky and orange. There have to be much better products out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2006 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Jen121

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love love love love love this powder!!! It is the best stuff ever and covers and goes on sooo well. I have been using it for years. And then they go and discontinue it! Well lucky for me a good friend works for the company and now i have about 10 of them storing in my fridge haha! That should last for the next couple of years!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2005 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Kay30

This totally gave me acne. I stopped using it and a week later - my acne went away.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2005 6:34:00 PM More reviews by whengophersgobad

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this powder. I use this powder with the almay clear complexion makeup, and my skin stays oil-free and gorgeous. I have the shade in Medium, and it is the perfect color. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2005 5:08:00 AM More reviews by xdegenerate

I actually like this powder despite its so-so reviews. I like it much better than the clear complexion powder simply because it doesn't make me look pasty (like the cc powder) and doesn't dry out my skin. Med-Light (but more on the light side) coverage. Nice neutral color matches skin tone. Best drugstore powder, in my opinion.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2005 12:07:00 AM More reviews by AprilH

I have to say this is the worst powder I have ever tried. In my area temperatures routinely reach the 100s in July and August, so I need a heavy duty oil control powder. I remembered that in a recent newsletter Paula Begoun suggested this powder as a good one for those with really oily skin so I decided to give it a try. Well, I realize that in 100 degree weather nothing is going to hold up all day, but I was amazed at how fast I experienced shine breakthrough with this powder. I had barely walked out the door to walk to my car to drive to work and my face was already a greasy mess. With Cornsilk or Clinique's Stay Matte I can at least make it to the car. :) When I arrived at work someone asked what happened to me, why was my forehead all greasy and sweaty, and I was embarrassed. The strange thing is, this looks and feels very heavy compared to other powders I've used, and I figured at least the oil would have a difficult time breaking through something so heavy and thick. Not so.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2005 8:00:00 PM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this powder but its not perfect. The finish is lovely- soft and velvety and it does keep shine at bay well. However when I had oily breakthrough on my nose (after 4-6 hrs) I actually had what seemed to be a sepearation of my foundation and the powder- you could see skin. (I use Colorstay foundation) I have never had this happen with Covergirl's Fresh Look powder. Reapplication of the powder did't fix it. Plus the shade that was supposed to match my foundation (by the way Revlon owns Almay so Revlons "buff" and Almays "buff" is the same shade) was a hair to pale for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2005 9:55:00 AM More reviews by dimples109

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Works great! For this days when you just need to take out the shine and even out the skin. I use this when I am in a rush. I just take the brush and lightly brush it over my face. It is light and it is the perfect amount of powder. Very good at taking out the shine on those slightly oily days! The best thing is... it's so inexpensive!