September 1, 2014 | 2030 users online

Moisturizers - Etude - Be Clear Moisturizer

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Xtine66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

Be Clear Moisturizer has a 30 SPF, and is touted as whitening and brightening. I'm very fair, but hiding red patches and troubled spots is always good. It also contains no oils, which I require (I wear contact lenses) so I chose this product.

I applied it today right after I washed my face. It made my face & neck just about the same color as my white legs w/the 1st application - maybe lightened 2 shades, a shade and a half. Some reviewers say it's hard-ish to apply, but I had no trouble. It's a tiny bit sunscreenish as I put it on my fingers, but much lighter and pleasanter to deal with than any I've ever tried. It's a white lotion which actually stays white as you apply it. No need to rush to rub it in to avoid streakiness; it wasn't absorbed too quickly or weirdly or unevenly, it smoothly went on & was properly absorbed as I spread it. Two squirts outta the pump was enough for my little face & neck.

It doesn't feel like sunscreen as I apply it, it doesn't look or feel chalky, it's nothing like cheap white Halloween makeup, and all the red bits & zits & dark marks under my eyes are a lot less noticeable. It wasn't hard to manage on nose or forehead, and we've all tried products that are. No streakiness.

I worked up a sweat running errands, but my face isn't greasy-looking or -feeling, it just has a moist glow ;) Even after sweating, my face feels and looks soft & naked, not like it's covered w/sweat & sunscreen or bargain vampire foundation. My face also became less sweaty more quickly than usual, which is a lovely bonus. Blowing my nose has made no difference - apparently the color doesn't just sit on the surface. This is my first day playing with it since it just arrived today, so I may like it even more (or less - CANCEL) as time passes. I've bookmarked the Korean seller's website - I want a lifetime supply! I'm in love with it now, but we'll see.

I have sensitive skin, and this doesn't make my face burn and no irritation thus far. Stuff usually immediately messes me up, rather than waiting a few days to spring it on me, so I'm optimistic.

Etude House says that with daily use, it will further lighten dark & red areas and even out & brighten skin tone. Bloggers who have used it for a while write reviews which say these promises are true.

One reviewer says on her blog that it would suck as a pre-BB cream moisturizer, but doesn't say why. Maybe it leaves her skin too dry for easily blending BB cream - my Garnier BB certainly likes some of my moisturizers much more than others. It really dislikes the gels I've tried, even tho they're both Garnier too XD

I had to find online photos of the box; I *must* read ingredients lists and avoid oil or I get lotsa horrid little styes. I wish *all* manufacturers' websites & ebay & amazon sellers provided 'em for the cosmetics they offer!

Update: I've been using it almost a week and the dark marks under my eyes are GONE. The obvious, obnoxious dark vein under my right eye is also now barely noticeable. This is the case every day when I wake up, even when I'd badly slept, and it's been this way since the first morning after I'd tried it. My red patches are gone, I now have pink cheeks that look like I'm wearing superb blush! O_O

Still no irritation, not even my eyes. I'm using 3-4 squirts now that Summer has blindingly arrived, because I need lotsa sun protection. It's been near 90F and hyper-humid the last coupla days, but this stuff stays put and I ain't gettin' burned. Still got the Moist Glow! ;)

I'm going out tonight & seriously considering wearing this moisturizer w/o any BB nor powder since my skin's so happy. That'll save time getting ready! Yay!