August 31, 2014 | 1333 users online

Deodorants - Chagrin Valley - Coconut Silk Cream Deodorant

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by DiegoJose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this company so much! I'm using their deo in Mint Mist right now & love it. I believe it has lightened up my dark armpits and it has definitely made the skin there so soft. My pits are a lot lighter but I'm not sure if it's from the baking soda or just not using the commercial deo's anymore. Either way, I'm thrilled and will for sure continue this great product from a great company! Oh any, yes, this works! It doesn't stop perspiration of course but I don't smell - at all. I work as a waitress and it can get hot in the kitchen especially in the summer. I've found that on super humid days I do reapply but just once during a long shift. Also, I love the light mint scent. It's not an in your face peppermint scent. Just a soft mint : )

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by jamesie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this deodorant. It's the only one that works for me, besides the Dr. Mist one, and I feel like the tin lasts a lot longer and is easier to travel with. I use the unscented version. That said, I don't care for sticking my fingers in the tin; I wish there was some way to do a regular deo dispenser, but the contents would probably melt all over the place. Great product though!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by MyPorcelainLife

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I try to use the most natural products on my body that I can. I had previously used either Tom's of Maine or Desert Essence deodorants, but found they had chemicals in them I didn't like, plus I hated all the plastic packaging. I also tried a cream deodorant I found on Etsy but it wore off mid-day. But then I discovered the Coconut Silk deodorant from Chagrin Valley. As natural as can be and with minimal packaging, I was already intrigued. But once I used it I was hooked. It has a smooth, creamy texture and only takes an amount the size of a pea to give you all day protection. And it truly does last all day!!! I may sweat some, as it is not an antiperspirant. But I never smell anything less than clean and fresh. This is my HG of natural deodorants. I'll never use anything else. The ONLY complaint I have is that the tin can be hard to open when you're fresh out of the shower. Other than that minor thing, this stuff is A+ all the way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff works. I live in the super-hot, crazy humid Gulf south region where summer lasts from April - September (sometimes longer!) If this keeps me fresh as a daisy in the ridiculously oppressive heat, it'll work for anyone. Furthermore, I've loved everything I've tried from Chagrin Valley - great company, awesome & effective products, amazing customer service, and reasonable pricing. You can't ask for much more than that.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by makeupmistress666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been trying to make the switch to aluminum-free deodorant for a few years with little success until I found this product. I tried Tom's of Maine, Kiss my Face, several Lush ones, Arm and Hammer and I didn't like any for various reasons. I found Chagrin Valley originally on a post about shampoo bars. Sadly, their bars failed on me, but I found this deodorant. I have it in the natural scent because I don't like my deodorant to overpower any other scent I may be wearing. On me, it lasts all day. If you are very sweaty or active, you might have to reapply once. It is one of the very few natural deodorants that have not made me break out in an unsightly rash. Ingredients: Organic Virgin Coconut Oil; Organic Jojoba Oil; Organic Cornstarch; Baking Soda; Organic Beeswax. Chagrin Valley's products are also cruelty-free and certified organic, which is impressive for a small company to be certified. It's a bit pricey for deodorant and you have to pay for shipping, but I will continue to buy until I find something better and cheaper. My only other complaint is that it comes in a tin so you have to scoop it out and rub it on your underarms. This might not bother some people, but I haven't been able to get used to it yet.