September 21, 2014 | 1867 users online

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by budgetbeauty87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Despite the fact that this pencil is not the darkest in the line, I would highly recommend this for ladies with black hair. I am asian and have very dark black hair. I also have very very sparse eyebrows due to a waxing incident in my teenage years that left me with almost no eyebrows at all. Over the last decade, I've tried to grow them back, but the remaining hairs are sparse, and I definitely have several patchy bald spots. I hate how my brows look almost invisible in photographs. I've tried many different products to try to fill them in, but it is very very hard to find something that is natural but effective and has a good color match to black hair. Most products are either too taupey/ashy in color or too reddish.

I have tried anastasia's version of her wooden eyebrow pencil in medium brown, but I disliked it because it was so hard in consistency that it did not draw evenly, and it was actually removing my eyebrow hairs when I was trying to fill in my brows! Powder takes too long for my taste, and I find that the powder wears off quickly throughout the day. The few eyebrow hairs that I do have tend to bend and curl and are unruly, and neither the anastasia pencil nor the powder could hold the hairs in place. The tinted eyebrow gel from anastasia was a huge fail because I didn't have enough hairs for the wand to grasp so I just ended up smearing product everywhere on my face.

This Lorac eyebrow pencil is probably the best product I have tried to date. It is a great color match and is only very slightly brown without any hint of red. I actually prefer a brow color 1-2 shades lighter than my hair because the very dark shades (benefit instabrow in dark for example) and blackish colored products look unnatural and very obvious. The consistency of the pencil is creamy but not too creamy (like maybelline master drama eyebrow pencil, which is way too creamy), and it has just enough waxiness to hold my unruly brows in place. The pencil also does an amazing job of filling in my bald spots without looking unnatural. I really love the way this looks compared to everything else I have tried. I still need to test out longevity (melting, etc. on a hot summer day) but I feel that the waxiness will help it last longer than powder by gripping the product to my eyebrows. The product does not smear or come off on my fingers when I run my fingers though my eyebrows (even when I press pretty hard).

Overall, I'm really loving this product. I posted a picture where I am wearing the product on one eyebrow and not on the other so you can see the huge difference this product makes. I am very picky about eyebrow products because I have had such a hard time finding a product that works for me, but this one might just be the one. I will update on longevity after I wear it out in the summertime.

Application tip: Draw on the desired shape. Don't worry if it looks uneven or too thick and waxy. Always brush the eyebrows out with the attached spoolie to evenly distribute the product, remove excess product, and brush the hairs in to the right place. Wash the spoolie once it starts getting gunky with water and soap and let air dry (~ 1-2x/wk).