April 19, 2014 | 1591 users online

Moisturizers - Nivea - Aqua Effect Mattifying Day Care

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Hayree

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this for about a week. No breakouts and compared to my old face lotion, it actually does help my oilyness. My skin isn't a greasy mess anymore! It needs a higher SPF than 15 though.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by diggitybomb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

im not so sure about this product. i read many good reviews so i went ahead and bought it, its cheap. i was excited for the word mattifying in the label, i can never seem to find those where i live. i only bought it today so i havent actually tested it correctly. i did put it on after my shower, though. I was confident and went ahead and didnt blot for two hours aprox. INext thing i know, my face is greasy and shiny. I was quite dissapointed. But Ill give it another chance, i want it to work. Maybe next time, with all my products on, itll work better, i hope...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by vickibetty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

Best new purchase for a while! Does what it says on the tin, moisturizes and non greasy. Not irritating and not drying gives just the right base for make up. Not sticky, not slippery, not chalky. Feels good and I think it smells nice and fresh. Like.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by asmolkin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I liked the texture of this moisturizer because it really did a good job spreading around all over my face before it absorbs too quickly into just certain parts of my face. I really wanted to like it and the packaging could not be beat....but this moisturizer would dull my face out and also made it really pale. the pale I could live with but not the dulling and it made my face sag really bad...the smell is also too heavily fragranced and feels like something I should be putting on my legs, not my face...I use it now as a hand cream and will never repurchase...................update: I also think it dries my skin out. Not in a good way...was wrong about this! it is GOOD. I find all the nivea products to be brigthening in a whitening way somehow...my face literally looks whiter after using their cleansers, scrubs, this moisturizer, everything...so when i want to play up the pale look, i go for this...it doesnt really clog pores is fragranced but lightly...it instantly whitens my skin...i like to mix it with benzol peroxide....

it just is not recommended under makeup but i dont think that is what it is for , but if it is, remove a lippie for me

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by EsGal

I have oily combo skin with large pores and I picked this item up in the summer. The texture is a light-weight lotion, definitely non-greasy and does not irritate my skin and leaves it feeling smooth.

This item was on sale and I believe it was under $10 at Shoppers Drug Mart. The packaging was a squeeze tube, very easy to use with a green lid that's attractive as well.

However, I would not purchase this because it s very strongly scented. It's almost like a fragrance body lotion, and I found it very overwhelming when applying. The smell lingers as well, I can smell it on my hand even after washing it. I can't understand why a moisturizer needs to be so strongly scented. Too bad, I liked everything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by minorkkey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried several other mattifying face creams, much more expensive than this one, and I never found what I was looking for. I was skeptical with this new cream because of its low price but it really does keep your skin oil free without being harsh. I've been using it for a week and I'm not disappointed. It doesn't dry out the skin. It feels fresh when applied, although it is a bit thick. I would recommend it to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by jessica13c

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Finally, a mattifying lotion that actually moisturizes and keeps my skin matte all day!
I have combination skin, with both dry flaky patches and a very oily T-zone. I have tried a ton of other mattifying products and they have either been completely ineffective or have dried my skin out terribly. I've had good luck with other Nivea products in the past, so I decided to give this a try.
PROS: Gives skin a nice satiny smooth finish when applied. Really does leave skin matte all day. It is fairly thick for a day cream, but it absorbs well into skin and provides plenty of moisture. I can also use this near my eye area without any irritation. It's a great base for under foundations.
CONS: This does have a fairly strong perfume smell, which I personally don't mind, but this could be an issue for some. It also does not have any SPF, which is disappointing.
Overall, a great product! Moisturizes as well as any other product I've used while actually mattifying all day!!