July 28, 2014 | 989 users online

Mascara - Prestige - Total Intensity Beyond Lashes

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The pigment was good (really dark) but the brush was so big that it became problematic when trying to reach the inner corners of my eyes. Also, it chipped throughout the day, causing my eyes to burn and become irritated. With so many other reasonably priced, better options out there I will not be repurchasing this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I purchased this on a whim because I really like other Prestige mascaras and there was a sale. At first glance, it seemed promising - I am a sucker for odd brush shapes and new mascaras, and their promise of beautifully lush long natural looking lashes. But this did not prove to be worth it for me.

For starters, the brush shape is awkward and difficult to use without getting mascara all over my lids. I tried using it a couple different ways, but couldn't get the hang of it. If the formula was amazing, I might keep trying, but since that was a let down too... yep, it is very dry and flaky. Right off the bat. Did not give me length or volume the same way others have.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2013 6:40:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

I love this! I bought it by mistake thinking they had redesigned "my blackest" which I also liked but this is totally different. Unlike the last reviewer I think the large, fat, tapered brush is genious. It reaches easily to the root of my lashes and separates, coats, lengthens and volumizes without making them bunch and stick together when I hold the wand vertically. It is neither too wet nor too dry and I find it attracts my e/lashes like a gentle magnet. Then I simply swipe over the upper lashes holding horizontally and it is beautiful, fluttery, non-spidery look that stays holds without any flaky smudges all day. Easy to remove too. I love it and will repurchase, I only wish it were blacker.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by IdetteB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is not one I would re-purchase. I am a fan of most Prestige products- My Biggest Lashes is one of my HG's. But the brush on this is just stupidly awkward and the formula not that great. I like MBL because it gives great volume, length and hold but this does not much of any of those things. I have to use it with another mascara like Voluminous to get the look I want. On its own it doesn't hold a curl, and it doesn't build well...when i try to do more than one coat it gets spidery and just messy looking. It doesnt keep its look all day either it droops over time..If I use it with another it works ok but thats just a waste of time, so I"ll use this up and not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 9:16:00 AM More reviews by lots2bhappy4

I was looking for an affordable substitution to my LancĂ´me Hypnose star and I've found it. This certainly adds to the appearance of volume due to the large brush. As for lengthening I am also pleased. Doesn't smear easily . In regards to removal it's a little effort, but it's worth it knowing that the product stays on.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Twizzz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very nice, inexpensive mascara--I use the Presige lipliners religiously (mocha, mochaccino, and shimmer) and have been on the prowl for a good mascara. I'm really picky, I hate spider lashes, but love a full, defined, sculpted look. Also love a true black mascara. Not too wet, not overly dry. Had been using the Jordana mascara recently, but it smudges and smears and flakes after a few hours, so it's not quite that stellar on me. Looking at the ingredients in the Prestige one, I noticed it has castor oil, which helps in hair and lash regrowth, so it's healthier than some other oils in some other mascaras. Just to give an idea of what my ideal mascara is--I love L'Oreal and had used it for years and years--first with Lash Out (which has long been discontinued), then Accentuous--my all time favorite mascara ever--over any Lancome, any Clinique, any mascara. Period. They stopped making it, and I moved to Max Factor mascaras before they stopped selling in the US. UGH!!! What's a girl with long blonde lashes to do??!!!! So frustrating! So I've been trying everything and a mascara I have been using awhile is the Rimmel Lash Accelorator, love the smaller brush--separates and doesn't clump lashes. But not huge volume.....I kinda want both, know what I mean? Also like Tarte's Lights Camera Lashes, but it's pretty pricey.
So far, this one by Prestige (and I think it's a new one for them, as there were no other reviews for it yet) is great. It's jet black, goes on great with one coat, separates and pumps up the volume, nice formula, comes off easily with remover, and doesn't bug my eyes at all. I would def. repurchase this...got it at Bed, Bath & Beyond for 6.99--a total steal!!! will upload a pic to show. Check it out! :)