Olay Fresh Effects Satin Finish Lotion

3.6

water/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, glycerin, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, niacinamide,dimethicone, dimethicone crosspolymer, prop ylene glycol, polyethylene, butylene glycol, acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyltaurate copolymer, panthenol, titanium dioxide, c13-14 isoparaffin, mica, phenoxythanol, polysorbate 20, laureth-7, dimethiconol, bensopehnone-4, methylparaben, proplyparaben, fragrance/parfum, ethylparaben, disodium edta, sodium hydroxide, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, camellia sinensis leaf extract, yellow 5, red 40

on 2/12/2015 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I hate this product. It smells weird, the texture is awful and it's done nothing for my face.

I bought it out of frustration more than anything, needing a moisturiser but not knowing what to get.

I hate the way it feels on my skin, I hate the way it balls up when I try to spread it out on my face. It dries funny, can't be used under makeup and just doesn't do anything for my skin.

I went out and bought a different Olay moisturiser that was cheaper and I am much happier with the results.

I am obsessed with this moisturizer. I bought it on a whim because I was out of whatever I was using before and I could not have been more impressed. The texture is like a gel, except there's a little more to it. It really does have a satin sort of feel in your hands. It's a little bit iridescent so when you first put it on it looks slightly greasy but it soaks right in and leaves your skin feeling amazing. I have dry skin and it didn't make me oily in the summer and has kept me moisturized even in the harsh NYC winter. The pump is great because it gives just the right amount and is easy to use. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find this one around in drugstores, I saw it at Job Lot and picked up about 4 of them for $5. I'm just hoping they didn't discontinue it! All in all, great cheap drugstore moisturizer

Liked the bb cream so decided to try this. On the whole, it's nothing special. Easy on the pocketbook, pleasant smell, non-greasy and does leave a slight glow. But did not get the "matte" look on my combination skin (shiny finish) and do not personally like the gel texture feel.

on 9/13/2014 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

My favorite moisturizer in my hoard right now. It gives a soft, subtle glow and I often use it when I'm not using makeup. I also like to mix with all natural coffee butter (look on etsy, there's tons!) so that my face stays unbelievably soft all day. Nonetheless, without the coffee butter its still awesome, I love it's texture and how it's not sparkly, just a little bit of a nice sheen. In my finger tips, it does have this satiny feel. A lot of places have sales on this (I found it in a Dollar General on clearance for 3.50, but I was broke :( ) so it can be affordable if you play your cards right!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Absolutely LOVE THIS!
I usually have bad luck with Olay face creams because they're not moisturizing enough for my skin. However, this one is a COMPLETELY different story.

- I love the packaging because it's sleek and has a pump! Everytime I use this I feel like I'm using a high end product because of the packaging!

- The cream itself is kind of a gel like consistancy. It's white but when you put it into the light, you can see a pink sheen to it. Once applied to the face, the pink sheen blends with your skin giving it a nice sheen.

- I think the term 'satin finish' is perfect because it doesn't leave my skin completely matte or shiny. I do find that no matter what, my nose is always a bit shiny once it sets into the satin finish although the rest of my face is kind of matte (or satin).
However it is summer (hot & humid) and this could change in the winter (dry and cold weather)

- Your skin does feel REALLY SOFT afterwards

- Does not break me out and keeps the moisture locked into my skin throughout the ENTIRE DAY (same goes for the softness)

- Would repurchase only on sale because it normally costs about $13.99 CAD but I did manage to get mine on sale for $7.99 CAD at Target :D

- This is now my current FAVOURITE moisturizer!!

I love the texture of this moisturizer, it is so lightweight and let's your skin breathe. The fact that it's in a pump not a jar makes it very hygenic to use. It smells good and the fragrance doesn't irritate my skin. I just didn't like that it doesn't last very long so you have to reapply it a lot.

on 8/13/2014 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This is my new HG moisturizer! It makes my skin super smooth and it was only $6 on sale at walmart - i believe it may be discontinued (at least at my walmart). The moisturizer pumps out to look slightly shimmery, but once applied, there is no shimmer and it makes my face super soft and semi matte. It feels super light. I think the packaging looks really fancy and sleek - provided I find this under $8, I will most definitely repurchase! Ive used this for 2 weeks now and it hasnt broke me out and it even keeps my face less shiny (I have ridiculously acne prone and shiny skin) HG HG HG moisturizer!!!!

on 7/28/2014 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I love this moisturizer! The product has a bit of a pearlescence that makes my skin absolutely radiant during the first few uses, but that seems to wear off after a while. The scent is light and refreshing. It has a gel texture and it makes my skin feel satiny smooth. It works great as a moisturizer before I apply my makeup. Since the radiance seems to wear off, I will alternate between bottles of this and the Clean & Clear moisturizer. As with all Olay products, it is a little pricy and the bottle is quite small but for me, it lasts for months.

on 7/16/2014 4:32:00 AM

I absolutely love this product. It literally makes my skin feel like silk. I have oily and acne prone skin and I personally feel it made me more matte than the other face lotion. I was using before. It feels wonderful and I will definitely purchase again.

on 6/25/2014 2:37:00 PM

I bought this moisturizer to use at night because I'm currently using Differin which has dried my skin out so much. I like the packaging and I love the scent of this moisturizer. It does make my skin soft and smooth and didn't break me out. But as far as providing moisture it didn't really do much! Makes for a good make up base though. Everyone's skin is different and I would recommend this to someone who has normal skin and doesn't need a ton of moisture.