April 24, 2014 | 1955 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - Fresh Effects Satin Finish Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by tayloves0910

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is a great moisturizer. It keeps my dry spots moisturized and doesn't make my good spots oily. It has a satiny finish and is quite lightweight. I like the pump; it's a nice change from a jar. I use it as my night time moisturizer along with the matching eye cream. In the morning, my skin feels soft and smooth. I definitely recommend this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This feels gummy on my face. Even though it sort of has a satin finish, it doesn't feel satin on my face and I get oily only a few hours later. Also, I started noticing patches of tiny pimples on my jawline and cheeks -always a deal-breaker for me. I really didn't like the smell or the sparkles in it either. I really didn't like anything about it! lol.

I like the idea of a satin-finish moisturizer but they need to make a much better product. I'll switch back to my beloved DDMG.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by cloudsxx

I think this is a great product overall. It did not make my skin oily. The smell is wonderful, and isn't overpowering. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by anne99415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm surprised by the negative reviews of this product, but I understand that everyone's skin has different needs and not all products work on all skin types.
This is honestly my favorite moisturizer I've ever tried, after a Neutrogena one that got discontinued when I was in high school. After that product was no longer available, I started trying a lot of different moisturizers and this is the first product that has has the same effect on my skin.
This is not a good moisturizer for dry skin, however I have pretty oily skin, mostly in the t-zone area. For oily skin, this is amazing. It's non-greasy, fast absorbing and leaves just the right amount of moisture. I especially love it in the mornings, I find that this actually works well as a foundation primer. It has never broken me out, and I have pretty acne-prone skin (granted, I'm no longer a teenager and my skin has been a lot more manageable lately than it was in high school).
The packaging is fantastic, I love the airtight pump, however I find that I need to use more than one pump to cover my face (one or two is good for the morning but at night I like to use a bit more, like 3 pumps). This means that I go through the bottle pretty quickly, and it's not super cheap (depending on whether or not it's on sale, I've paid anywhere between $12 and $17 CAD for a bottle.
Overall though, I will continue repurchasing it (I'm on my third or fourth bottle!) and hopefully this does not go the way of my beloved high school moisturizer and stays on the shelves for a very long time!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by MsVengeance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use Cerave AM lotion in the day but ever since my go-to night lotion was reformulated (I hate you La Roche Posay) I've been on the market for a new one. I didn't expect this crap to be able to replace it but dammit it had a bright yellow and red sticker that indicated it was on sale so I ignored my instincts (it wasn't even very on-sale at $12.99!).

I guess another thing that drew me was the packaging bc it comes in an airtight pump bottle and even the box appears to be tamper proof (sealed with glue) so I knew right away I wasn't getting someone's return. I also liked that it had niacinamide.

As for the actual product: I liked texture and feel of this lotion on my skin but wtf?! This stuff smells like a freaking panty liner! I can deal with subtle scents in my products but this was a nasty floral baby powder scent and I found it overwhelming. Thumbs way down.

As others have said, don't even bother trying this stuff if you have dry skin--oily or combo skin might be okay with it though (if you want your face to reek of scented tampons by all means, go for it!). I do seem to be on the drier side of combo right now (could be the weather's influence) and this stuff barely seems to provide me with adequate moisture--like to the point where if I continued to use it I would need to do a combo with some other lotion.

Update: out of curiosity I recently looked up EWG's rating of this and apparently, this stuff scored a 7 out of 10 (really bad!). They consider it a "high hazard" b/c it contains a ton of parabens, among other things (most of which cannot be pronounced).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by AndraWoods

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very sensitive skin and have a really hard time finding products that do not break my face out. This lotion is amazing I've been using it for about a month and it's my new favorite :) it's very light and non greasy. I also use the fresh effects bead me up cleanser and my face has never been so clear!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by TheCuteLittleBeautyBlog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My HG moisturizer! I love this stuff, it's light, fresh and moisturizes. If you suffer from dry skin this is NOT for you. This is a lightweight formula and is lightweight, don't expect miracles. But on regular-combination skin this rocks! I use this daily & nightly. I've used up half the bottle already! The moisturizer itself has a pearly lavender iridescence but it doesn't transfer to the face. My only complaint is to not look like an oil-bucket you have to rub it in more than the average lotion because it does give a "satin" finish in to the skin. At least Olay promotes it that way and doesn't promise ridiculous miracles like world peace. Overall, I'd recommend it to a regular-combo skinned friend!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by jennababyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this stuff thinking that it would help out with my dry skin. BOY WAS I WRONG! This stuff is so terrible, it did not help with the dryness at all, probably just made it worse. The smell is alright, but I wouldn't buy this again. EVER.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by ofthenight

I absolutely loved this moisturizer. It keeps skin soft and moisturized, but never shiny. Usually, after I wash my face in the morning, my skin is super-dry and my face feels tight. When I apply regular creams, my face feels soft but looks incredibly oily and shiny. With this one, it keeps my face matte, eliminating my need for a pressed powder. Loved it!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by jadyxo

THIS THING SUCKS! I have combination/normal skin and i saw this at target and decided to give it a try. I used it once and it broke me out all over my face!!! YUCK. I put it away and forgot about it for a month or so and TONIGHT i tried to give it another go. I decided to put my usual Garnier moisturizer on all over my face except my right cheek, where i tested out this moisturizer again. 10 minutes later, I SAW A NEW PIMPLE RIGHT WHERE I APPLIED THIS. So useless for the price. Going into the trash.