October 25, 2014 | 490 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - Fresh Effects Satin Finish Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by wowotakubaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

My favorite moisturizer in my hoard right now. It gives a soft, subtle glow and I often use it when I'm not using makeup. I also like to mix with all natural coffee butter (look on etsy, there's tons!) so that my face stays unbelievably soft all day. Nonetheless, without the coffee butter its still awesome, I love it's texture and how it's not sparkly, just a little bit of a nice sheen. In my finger tips, it does have this satiny feel. A lot of places have sales on this (I found it in a Dollar General on clearance for 3.50, but I was broke :( ) so it can be affordable if you play your cards right!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by SpanishSmileyFace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely LOVE THIS!
I usually have bad luck with Olay face creams because they're not moisturizing enough for my skin. However, this one is a COMPLETELY different story.

- I love the packaging because it's sleek and has a pump! Everytime I use this I feel like I'm using a high end product because of the packaging!

- The cream itself is kind of a gel like consistancy. It's white but when you put it into the light, you can see a pink sheen to it. Once applied to the face, the pink sheen blends with your skin giving it a nice sheen.

- I think the term 'satin finish' is perfect because it doesn't leave my skin completely matte or shiny. I do find that no matter what, my nose is always a bit shiny once it sets into the satin finish although the rest of my face is kind of matte (or satin).
However it is summer (hot & humid) and this could change in the winter (dry and cold weather)

- Your skin does feel REALLY SOFT afterwards

- Does not break me out and keeps the moisture locked into my skin throughout the ENTIRE DAY (same goes for the softness)

- Would repurchase only on sale because it normally costs about $13.99 CAD but I did manage to get mine on sale for $7.99 CAD at Target :D

- This is now my current FAVOURITE moisturizer!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by ilovedreamsandseashells

I love the texture of this moisturizer, it is so lightweight and let's your skin breathe. The fact that it's in a pump not a jar makes it very hygenic to use. It smells good and the fragrance doesn't irritate my skin. I just didn't like that it doesn't last very long so you have to reapply it a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by nadiachengx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my new HG moisturizer! It makes my skin super smooth and it was only $6 on sale at walmart - i believe it may be discontinued (at least at my walmart). The moisturizer pumps out to look slightly shimmery, but once applied, there is no shimmer and it makes my face super soft and semi matte. It feels super light. I think the packaging looks really fancy and sleek - provided I find this under $8, I will most definitely repurchase! Ive used this for 2 weeks now and it hasnt broke me out and it even keeps my face less shiny (I have ridiculously acne prone and shiny skin) HG HG HG moisturizer!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by JALT

I love this moisturizer! The product has a bit of a pearlescence that makes my skin absolutely radiant during the first few uses. The scent is light and refreshing. It has a bit of a gel texture and it makes my skin feel satiny smooth. It works great as a moisturizer before I apply my makeup. Since the radiance seems to wear off, I will alternate between bottles of this and the Clean & Clear moisturizer. As with all Olay products, it is a little pricy and the bottle is quite small but it lasts for months.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by charlie_leone

i like this lotion a lots, it feel so light on face and is non greasy, i have tried the gel cream from the same brand, but i like this one better, I have normal to oily skin in the summer and normal to dry in the winter, this definitely is a keeper for the summer months. I get this from Winner's (TJ Maxx) for $6.00 and it comes with the olay fresh effects swipe out refreshing make up removal clothes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 4:32:00 AM More reviews by Jwoww95

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product. It literally makes my skin feel like silk. I have oily and acne prone skin and I personally feel it made me more matte than the other face lotion. I was using before. It feels wonderful and I will definitely purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by kayywink

I bought this moisturizer to use at night because I'm currently using Differin which has dried my skin out so much. I like the packaging and I love the scent of this moisturizer. It does make my skin soft and smooth and didn't break me out. But as far as providing moisture it didn't really do much! Makes for a good make up base though. Everyone's skin is different and I would recommend this to someone who has normal skin and doesn't need a ton of moisture.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by teleah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have started to use a new foundation and felt it needed a base before I applied. On the look for a new facial moisturise I found the new Olay range on sale at coles. The bottle, 50ml, reads well. Rich hydration of a lotion, lightweight feel of a gel and a satin finish with up to 24hr soft skin. I applied it to freshly washed face without anything else and went about my day. Around two hours I went to check out my skin. Skin wasn't oily looking, felt soft, only a slight build up of oil in the corners of my nose but nothing that I was upset over. It wasn't obvious to sight just touch. The products scent is baby wipes like. It's not terribly thick and absorbs very well into skin.
That night I slept with it on after washing face. Woke up to a slight build up of oil around nose again but still I felt this normal for myself and you can't fight nature 100%. My skin was still soft and hydrated. I was impressed that it didn't disappear or cause an oil breakout. I only ever apply one pump.
after washing face again and asapplying product I used my foundation over the top. End of the day I had no oily residue, makeup stayed in place. No dry patches that can happen when I wear a foundation. I was very pleased. It's now apart of my day routine. At night I don't always apply as to let my skin breath.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by tayloves0910

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is a great moisturizer. It keeps my dry spots moisturized and doesn't make my good spots oily. It has a satiny finish and is quite lightweight. I like the pump; it's a nice change from a jar. I use it as my night time moisturizer along with the matching eye cream. In the morning, my skin feels soft and smooth. I definitely recommend this!