August 29, 2014 | 1860 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Xtreme Wear - Breezy Blue

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

Love the color, hate the formula. This is a really pretty pale blue with some light green undertones and a very very subtle shimmer. To get the bottle color, you'll need at least 3 coats, and even then you'll still have a visible nail line. The polish went on really streaky and it took forever to even out. For some reason, this polish takes forever to dry, which is weird because usually the Xtreme Wear polishes dry really quickly. And then after waiting forever for this to dry and having to put on 4+ coats, this chipped on several nails the next day. I really like the color and I got quite a few compliments on it, but the formula is so bad that I probably won't wear this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by lovelovelilacs

Pretty colour, but needs atleast 3 coats for full opacity and is really streaky!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by SamW87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pretty colour but this nail polish is super streaky even after a few coats and takes quite a while to dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Maurie97

I don't think this color has been reviewed by enough and therefore not getting varied opinions. I love this color and the application was perfect for me. I did 2 medium to thicker coats and it shows no vnl, except where I maybe did go lighter with my touch. The color is such a pretty blue without the "stark" look of baby blues. I guess the subtle shimmer makes it this way. Took one lippy off because it does take awhile to dry even with a good TC. So, its not an "out the door" color. For the price(2 for $4) you can't beat it. I could see a summer bride wearing this color for her bridal manicure.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2013 6:49:00 AM More reviews by roxieLMA

There must be something wrong with the formula for Breezy Blue Xteme Wear. After 3 coats it's still a little streaky. I love the colour but after 6 hours it still wasn't properly dry. I like most Sally Hansen polishes so I was sadly disappointed. I'll have to find a replacement.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by NylonSmiles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had tried Sally Hansen once before, and even then I hated it. After two ruined manicures I threw the polishes away. After hearing a friend harp on and on about SH polishes, I decided I would give it another shot. Now, I don't know what it is about these polishes; if it's the colors I pick, the fact that I keep buying the 'Xtreme Wear' line, or if they just suck - but they DO NOT WORK FOR ME. I have SH glitters (that I LOVE) and the Insta Dri (a bit of shrinkage does occur, but if you wrap your edges and ends good it should be fine), but whenever I have picked an actual color I'm left disappointed. It's goopy, leaves bald spots (even after 3 coats), and takes forever to dry (even with the Insta Dri top coat). Needless to say, I will not purchase another SH color. The only reason it got 1 star is because the color is so pretty :/

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by GtownMermaid

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I spied Breezy Blue on a top shelf in back of Walgreen's (last December?) because it looked like a powder blue with some shimmer. However, when I got home & swatched it, was disappointed because it appeared to have enough green to make it seafoam. After putting it on, it is a pretty powder blue & the green tint is unnoticeable. The shimmer is very slight but I think without it, this polish would look very chalky.

Application: Very sheer, not self-leveling so it's streaky until 3rd coat. No VNL after 3 coats so was happy about that. No bubbles. Unlike other XW polishes I have, this polish didn't get goopy by the time I got to the 4th finger (and this isn't necessarily a good thing).

Dry time: sloowwww. Even in the unusually low humidity (29%), it took 10 minutes for each coat to get touch dry. It was still dentable - after Seche Vite - an hour later.

Finish: slight shimmer gives it interest. Reminds me of the nacre of a pearl. Not super shiny but that could be because I didn't have all day to let it dry to assess the shine. Pretty color with my fair/cool skin tone.

Wear: I've only had it on for 24 hours - no chips, but I do have a glitter gradient on tips.

Repurchase: No. This bottle will last me as I doubt I'll wear it much given the slow dry time & the concern it would never dry with the normal humidity here (in the 70%-ish).

I added a bottle pic & swatch pics for comparison with SH Smooth Perfect 'Air' and Color Club 'Take Me To Your Chateau'.

Edit 2/18/2013 - added pic with polish on nails showing color IRL