August 22, 2014 | 1948 users online

Moisturizers - Michael Todd True Organics - Citrus Cream Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by kellid

This stuff is amazing! It moisturizes my skin perfectly and it really balances my skin out. I don't have any oil or dry patches like I used to. The smell is a pretty strong organic herb citrus, which I don't mind but could bug others. My skin also feels really plump and firm after using. Will re purchase for sure!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for a couple of months. Not every night tho. It is HIGHLY fragranced and the smell actually irritates my eyes. When you apply this, there are some granules that you can feel as you rub it into your skin, which I didn't care for. The reason I gave this two lippies instead of one is because it didn't break me out and it kept me hydrated (nighttime only). I wouldn't purchase this if you have any sensitivities to smell.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by ChristyMakeup3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer is light, not greasy but very moisturizing. It smells wonderful and really firms up my skin. My husband told me that he wanted to use it because he didn't want me to be the only one looking good. How can a girl resist that?

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by jojocarla

This is a perfect moisturizer for those of you with dry skin like mine. It has a very organic aroma to the cream, not to strong or potent i was always worried my boyfriend would say my face smelled like an orange.... but it didn't.

Also this is very moisturizing without turning my dry face into oily skin. It balances out my Ph in my skin and leaves me feeling refreshed all day long. I've been using this for about two months and absolutely love the product. You should try!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2014 2:18:00 AM More reviews by sherpa

Context: where I live, it's semi-arid and cold, so winters = terribly dry skin. I have to be very picky about the products I use as to avoid shrivelling away.

I've never used a moisturizer that gave me alligator skin the way this did. I got it in the dry skin sampler pack and two days later, I looked in the mirror and noticed gigantic scaly patches. Super, super gross. No moisturizing element at all. Needless to say, the moment I got home I had to exfoliate the crap out of my skin. It was disappointing because I really liked everything else in the set. Might end up using the rest of the sample as a hand lotion or something. I do like the scent and the texture doesn't bother me like other reviewers have mentioned. Might be worth a shot if you live in a more humid climate. I'll be sticking with my clinique moisturizing lotion - nothing else cuts it in this dry weather!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by misscomplexity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this moisturizer because of the overall good reviews on the Internet, but for me it's not moisturizing enough, I don't like the texture, and it made my skin tingle a bit.

I bought this moisturizer in hopes of finding a something with less toxic ingredients but still providing the moisture my incredibly dry skin needs, especially in the winter time. This was not it. I did not like the texture - very thick, slightly greasy when applied, and like I said before my skin tingled a little (not a lot just a slight bit) and my skin just did not feel refreshed and hydrated. Also do not like the smell, a very sugary/fake lemon citrus scent.

I'm going back to my Kiehl's Ulta Facial Cream Intense Hydration.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

UPDATE:
I read the comment above - Michael Todd actually have this moisturizer in their sensitive skin regimen - just go check:
I think that is how both I and other people with sensitive skin got it. Michael Todd does NOT have any cream for sensitive skin.

BTW: if you are one of the people that think that organic or natural = safe for the skin, you're wrong. There are plenty of organic and natural things that can be bad for you, for example: poison ivy. I have tried many products that are organic and natural and caused skin hell. You need to try the product out yourself to know if it's good for you or not - that it's organic doesn't automatically mean it will be good for you. I don't know about the amount needed, but some of the essential oils in this moisturizer are photosensitizing (makes you more sensitive to the sun). Some of these are lemon, lime, bergamot, tangering - in short: MANY of the oils on the ingredient list. With these ingredients, this moisturizer should've had sunscreen.

BTW2: Michael Todd doesn't allow reviews under 4 stars on his site, and even many 4 stars reviews are deleted because they want to have a FAKE good score for their products. Not All their products are bad, but I think that is really cowardly done of them. Amongst the products from them that I actually like are: the Blue-Green Algae Toner, the Hydration Boost Serum, Antioxidant C Serum, the Charcoal scrub is OK. Their eye cream isn't much effective for me at all. Their Cranberry Antioxidant toner isn't bad. The mango mask doesn't fit my skin. The Silk and Pearl mask does nada for me. Their Walnutt Body Scrub is pretty good, minus it shouldn't be in a tube - it's very thick and hard to get out.
END OF UPDATE
I have dry, sensitive skin. I don't like this moisturizer much - it smells a lot. It's because if the essential oils in this. That might already be a no-no if you have sensitive skin.

This moisturizer doesn't seem to sink in well (leaves my skin weird and oily/slippery) and it doesn't moisturize much. I don't think my sensitive skin likes it - it feels like its sweating under the cream. This might be OK for people with non-senstive skin, but definitely not for me. My skin became more blotchy over time. I used this for about 1.5 months. In general, many Michael Todd Products have been a bit of a disappointment for me...

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Aznbeauty123

I have been using this product for one week. And while I do feel it is a decent moisturizer I almost can't not stand to use it because it has such a strong smell. If you are sensitive to smells I would not bother to try this. I expected the scent to be light since michael todd products claim to be natural and organic.

I have extremely dry sensitive skin. And i almost feel this is not moisturizing enough. Like it doesn't deeply penetrate the skin and just kinda sits at the surface. And at times my skin can feel a tad bit itchy after using this and I'm wondering if that is due to the strong smell. I will continue to use this product until I run out unless I have bad reaction to it since it has only been one week.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 4:31:00 AM More reviews by JessMolesworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i just got a sample if this moisturizer. i do like it but it seems heavy. i would buy the full size of this but i would only use it at night time in winter. i also think it is really expensive for the size.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Decobalgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this moisturizer. I have dry skin, and it has transformed the texture of my skin. It smells yummy, goes on smoothly, and my skin slurps it right up.

I echo the comments about the packaging. Utter crap. The pump on this died on me on day three of using this moisturizer, but the company sent out a new bottle right away. Probably because they'd heard about this problem from many others already. I'm happy because they did right by me and my skin loves this product. I have repurchased twice so far, and will continue to do so for as long as my skin keeps slurping it up.