Coolway Flat Iron

2.6

This product is ridiculous! This isn't even a flat iron. I have curly hair and i had to run this thing through each strand of hair like 5 times. The idea of this thing is cool, but it still leaves your ends fried!!! Might as well use a regular flat iron. This thing was way too expensive, it came in the box loose, with no styrofoam around it. When i tried to take it back it's almost like they fell off the face of the earth. When i went to the website it was down. When i tried to call the number there was no one there. So don't even waist your money. I don't know if they even sell these things anymore, i got mine in 2013. Just get a regular flat iron

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

THIS THING IS A JOKE!! DON'T BUY IT!!!
IT'S A BIG GIMMICK! IT MAY BE FOR STRAIGHT HAIR, BUT NOT CURLY. THE WORST PART ABOUT IT, IS IT LEAVES YOUR ENDS FRIED AND FRIZZY.
WATCH THIS GIRLS REVIEW ON THIS THING, IT'S SUPER ACCURATE.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.
This is NOT a cool flat iron. It is NOT damage-free. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS DAMAGE FREE HEAT. It is just as hot as any flat iron I've used. I bought this with high hopes in early 2013. I have very damaged, naturally curly hair that I have fried from years of flat iron use. Coolway is a decent flat iron... just not COOL or damage-free by any means. You will still fry your hair (like with any flat iron). I have naturally curly, fragile hair. It breaks easily. I have had to make peace with the fact I can't put heat on my hair (period) without serious damage. I threw away my CoolWay 6 months ago and my hair is starting to re-build....

Do you want to stop damaging your hair? The only way to do this is to stop using ALL HEAT PRODUCTS (flat iron, blow dryer, curling iron) and even better no coloring or bleaching. Even the best "heat protectors" won't protect your hair from a flat iron. NO HEAT = that is the only way to not have heat damage (duh!!)

Also, the re-ordering of the "Transform" is a rip-off. Coolway tries to get you into "auto-ship" of Transform once you buy the CoolStyler. They will set you up on auto re-billing without really notifying you about it. By then they have already shipped you 4 or 5 bottles of the stuff.

First the product does not work. Second, I ordered one order of the product and then they sent me a second order without my knowledge using my credit card. I have to pay to ship it back and when I called they said it was because somewhere I checked re-occurring purchase. Please. I absolutely did not do that. So now, I have to dispute the charge and pay to ship it back! That is just bad business!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just wanted to add a quick FYI to those thinking about buying this product:
The previous three reviews look very, very odd. All accounts were created the same day they made the review, & then they haven't logged on ever since.
I haven't tried the product, obviously, but actually a commercial made me look up the reviews out of pure curiosity. I wouldn't trust those three select reviews (right under my own) if you are thinking of this. I would find other sources or people who have actually been on this site legitimately & don't work for the company that they are attempting to promote ;) Just wanted to point that out since it's not exactly an unbiased review.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

All I can say is that my Coolway Flat Iron System is amazing. I've always had trouble straightening my hair without damaging it. However, this hair styling tool is incredible. I definitely recommend this product to anybody that is interested in having the ability to style your hair in ways that most saloons can only do. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love my Coolway! The product that comes with it has an amazing tropical fruit scent that's not overpowering. My experience is that you don't need to use the product at all in order to get the benefits of the Coolway, but it helps. I've got incredibly fine, wavy hair that usually only holds a style for a few hours at best, especially during the summer. Styling my hair with the Coolway didn't take any longer than normal and it's absolutely gentler on my hair than a standard flat iron.

I'm sort of a klutz so it's nice that you can't burn yourself on a Coolway the way you can with a Chi. Plus, I always felt that using less heat on my hair contributed to the damage I have at my ends. With a normal iron it became a vicious cycle, through flat ironing I would create damaged ends that would frizz and then I would need to use a flat iron more often. My hair has been so much healthier since I found Coolway.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Best thing since sliced bread! Really cool product. Skeptical at first- I only bought because it had a 30 day money back guarantee and I was really surprised. The packaging is really cool and the flat iron itself is really neat. It sets you to your own personal hair temperature. The spray is my favorite part. It's a little perfumey-- but it really gets my curly hair to blow out really nice -- which is a feat in itself!

I really like this product. I have spent years damaging my hair with high heat flat irons and I was skeptical at first that a system with low heat could work as well as my regular iron does. Since it was risk free I decided to try it. The spray is amazing - I use it to blow dry my hair out straight sometimes without even ironing. The iron is wonderful because it never gets too hot to touch so I'm never burning my fingers on it. Even my hair after I iron it doesn't burn either. It's not a product that you can wake up in the morning and use for 2 minutes and head out to work - you do have to blow dry your hair with the spray first and then flat iron, but for damage free hair it's worth the extra effort. I'm not so young any more so my hair is thinning and breaking easier. This system is a life saver.

Finally found the hair stuff so off to review some today :) Guys, I am really surprised you had such a bad experience with this. I started using this last year and really love it, I actually looked it up to see if it was on here!
maybe it doesn't work as well on everyone's hair?
My hair is fine and wavy, and I have a lot of it. I get great straight hair from this without it being superflat - I like to have some body left in my hair, and I feel like I actually get more volume using the spray. I didn't see a lot of frizz with my hair, but I also use moroccan oil as a finisher to smooth down the flyaways and add a bit of shine, so maybe I didn't notice so much? Or again, maybe my hair is just different :)
Over time my hair has definitely gotten way healthier, I swim a lot so my hair always got damaged from the pool, and when I use the Coolway it keeps my ends nice and soft.
You have to use the whole thing properly for sure, they have the Boost conditioner which is like a mask, you leave it in for a few minutes and rinse out, then you blow dry with the Transform spray, which is like a thermal protector, I guess, and then use the flat iron, which works at a lower temperature. It's a bit of a process, but the results are totally worth it when I do the whole thing.
I use the Transform just on it's own a lot of the time because I love the way it makes my hair feel, and I don't always want to straighten my hair. I actually saw the note about the 35 sprays and realized I don't count the sprays at all, I just spray lots and it seems to work. I don't see how you could say 35 sprays because my hair is very different, I am sure, from a woman with curly kinky hair!!
I have had to reorder the Transform and the Boost, and they are a bit expensive but no more than buying a good salon product. I think you get really good value for this product overall, it's a high tech flat iron with some great products to go with it.
Anyway, sorry that you had bad experiences with it but I really think it's a good product so I'm glad to boost the ratings a bit :) Off to review more hair stuff now! lol

Video Reviews & Tutorials