July 31, 2014 | 1507 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Coolway Flat Iron

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by cutupangels78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.
This is NOT a cool flat iron. It is NOT damage-free. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS DAMAGE FREE HEAT. It is just as hot as any flat iron I've used. I bought this with high hopes in early 2013. I have very damaged, naturally curly hair that I have fried from years of flat iron use. Coolway is a decent flat iron... just not COOL or damage-free by any means. You will still fry your hair (like with any flat iron). I have naturally curly, fragile hair. It breaks easily. I have had to make peace with the fact I can't put heat on my hair (period) without serious damage. I threw away my CoolWay 6 months ago and my hair is starting to re-build....

Do you want to stop damaging your hair? The only way to do this is to stop using ALL HEAT PRODUCTS (flat iron, blow dryer, curling iron) and even better no coloring or bleaching. Even the best "heat protectors" won't protect your hair from a flat iron. NO HEAT = that is the only way to not have heat damage (duh!!)

Also, the re-ordering of the "Transform" is a rip-off. Coolway tries to get you into "auto-ship" of Transform once you buy the CoolStyler. They will set you up on auto re-billing without really notifying you about it. By then they have already shipped you 4 or 5 bottles of the stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by rfolkerth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First the product does not work. Second, I ordered one order of the product and then they sent me a second order without my knowledge using my credit card. I have to pay to ship it back and when I called they said it was because somewhere I checked re-occurring purchase. Please. I absolutely did not do that. So now, I have to dispute the charge and pay to ship it back! That is just bad business!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by dainaleeo2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just wanted to add a quick FYI to those thinking about buying this product:
The previous three reviews look very, very odd. All accounts were created the same day they made the review, & then they haven't logged on ever since.
I haven't tried the product, obviously, but actually a commercial made me look up the reviews out of pure curiosity. I wouldn't trust those three select reviews (right under my own) if you are thinking of this. I would find other sources or people who have actually been on this site legitimately & don't work for the company that they are attempting to promote ;) Just wanted to point that out since it's not exactly an unbiased review.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by MrsBellaBee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

All I can say is that my Coolway Flat Iron System is amazing. I've always had trouble straightening my hair without damaging it. However, this hair styling tool is incredible. I definitely recommend this product to anybody that is interested in having the ability to style your hair in ways that most saloons can only do. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by ChickNorris

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love my Coolway! The product that comes with it has an amazing tropical fruit scent that's not overpowering. My experience is that you don't need to use the product at all in order to get the benefits of the Coolway, but it helps. I've got incredibly fine, wavy hair that usually only holds a style for a few hours at best, especially during the summer. Styling my hair with the Coolway didn't take any longer than normal and it's absolutely gentler on my hair than a standard flat iron.

I'm sort of a klutz so it's nice that you can't burn yourself on a Coolway the way you can with a Chi. Plus, I always felt that using less heat on my hair contributed to the damage I have at my ends. With a normal iron it became a vicious cycle, through flat ironing I would create damaged ends that would frizz and then I would need to use a flat iron more often. My hair has been so much healthier since I found Coolway.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by KatieB1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best thing since sliced bread! Really cool product. Skeptical at first- I only bought because it had a 30 day money back guarantee and I was really surprised. The packaging is really cool and the flat iron itself is really neat. It sets you to your own personal hair temperature. The spray is my favorite part. It's a little perfumey-- but it really gets my curly hair to blow out really nice -- which is a feat in itself!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by hunter4800

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product. I have spent years damaging my hair with high heat flat irons and I was skeptical at first that a system with low heat could work as well as my regular iron does. Since it was risk free I decided to try it. The spray is amazing - I use it to blow dry my hair out straight sometimes without even ironing. The iron is wonderful because it never gets too hot to touch so I'm never burning my fingers on it. Even my hair after I iron it doesn't burn either. It's not a product that you can wake up in the morning and use for 2 minutes and head out to work - you do have to blow dry your hair with the spray first and then flat iron, but for damage free hair it's worth the extra effort. I'm not so young any more so my hair is thinning and breaking easier. This system is a life saver.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by alessap

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Finally found the hair stuff so off to review some today :) Guys, I am really surprised you had such a bad experience with this. I started using this last year and really love it, I actually looked it up to see if it was on here!
maybe it doesn't work as well on everyone's hair?
My hair is fine and wavy, and I have a lot of it. I get great straight hair from this without it being superflat - I like to have some body left in my hair, and I feel like I actually get more volume using the spray. I didn't see a lot of frizz with my hair, but I also use moroccan oil as a finisher to smooth down the flyaways and add a bit of shine, so maybe I didn't notice so much? Or again, maybe my hair is just different :)
Over time my hair has definitely gotten way healthier, I swim a lot so my hair always got damaged from the pool, and when I use the Coolway it keeps my ends nice and soft.
You have to use the whole thing properly for sure, they have the Boost conditioner which is like a mask, you leave it in for a few minutes and rinse out, then you blow dry with the Transform spray, which is like a thermal protector, I guess, and then use the flat iron, which works at a lower temperature. It's a bit of a process, but the results are totally worth it when I do the whole thing.
I use the Transform just on it's own a lot of the time because I love the way it makes my hair feel, and I don't always want to straighten my hair. I actually saw the note about the 35 sprays and realized I don't count the sprays at all, I just spray lots and it seems to work. I don't see how you could say 35 sprays because my hair is very different, I am sure, from a woman with curly kinky hair!!
I have had to reorder the Transform and the Boost, and they are a bit expensive but no more than buying a good salon product. I think you get really good value for this product overall, it's a high tech flat iron with some great products to go with it.
Anyway, sorry that you had bad experiences with it but I really think it's a good product so I'm glad to boost the ratings a bit :) Off to review more hair stuff now! lol

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by sabcat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product does absolutely nothing that it promises to do. For the first month or two that I used this iron, I felt as though my hair was less damaged than before as I had been using the lower temperature this iron offered at about 280 degrees as opposed to 400 degrees on my Cortex flat iron. My Cortex iron flattened my hair down to the point where it had no volume what-so-ever, which is the only reason I continued to use this iron for a little while.. hoping it would rescue my hair in some way. It didn't flatten my hair completely, but that's because it just left it frizzier than normal. As one of the reviewers has said already.. It will be straight and then go frizzy and look like you did nothing to your hair. I also had to flat iron the SAME PIECE over and over again, which definitely will NOT help your hair.

It also snagged my hair repeatedly, and did not glide smoothy over my strands. Because of the snagging and stalling on pieces of my hair while using the flat iron, it caused my hair to break and damage more.
I had to go to the hairdresser to get my hair cut 3 inches because one side of my hair was about 1 inch longer on one side than the other due to breakage. This was horrifying especially for someone who is trying to grow out their hair.

In short, this iron was not good. I would never purchase again.
It took too long to flat iron my hair, results were okay at best, my hair was more damaged than before.

Not to mention the PRICE is steep as well. It is not even worth 30$ in my opinion. Also, the warranty is ridiculous. 30 day money back guarantee, when most users will try to use this iron for the recommended amount of time to notice long term results (if any).
"For optimal results, it is recommended that you use °Coolway™ for a minimum of eight weeks..." it states.
The warranty only covers 30 days. This is not enough time at all, especially if you wash your hair only a couple times a week if that because you have dryer, damaged hair.
So goodbye to my 140$.

I don't know who this iron was made for, but i definitely doesn't work well and is not good quality at all. I would NOT recommend buying this iron to anybody. It is not a miracle iron. It flat irons worse than my Vidal Sassoon iron that I had 11 years ago! For a fraction of the cost!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I bought this iron from HSN, after reading about it in Allure as a beauty breakthrough. I can't remember exactly what the steps were, but I recall having to use some sort of product in the shower, and then a heat protective spray before I blew my hair out. Annoying, but not the reason that I ultimately returned it. I have very wavy hair, an oily scalp and very dry ends. My hair must be washed every day or my scalp will itch and hurt. Skipping a day is not optional. I blow my hair dry the best that I can and then use a flat iron to go over the areas where I didn't do a great job straightening it. The Coolway iron must be used on wet hair. Therefore, the iron must be used as the exclusive styling tool, because my hair doesn't hold a style if it's wet. Using the Coolway iron takes absolutely forever, and it made my hair much too flat. I also am not comfortable going over and over the same section of hair with the iron, which is essentially performing the dual role of drying and straightening my hair. Even though the temperature of the Coolway iron is about 60 degrees lower than I set my flat iron, I can't imagine that ironing the same small section of hair multiple times is healthier, even at a lower heat setting. After a couple of uses, I returned it.