September 30, 2014 | 1806 users online

Shampoo - Goldwell - DualSences Color Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Woman71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This revised is anonut duansences deep cleaning shampoo which hasnt been criticized. Awful shampoo, contains silicone. Left hair greasy and straw at the same time.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by bumblebee770

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really bummed this shampoo was such a disaster for me - the ingredients list looked great, the fragrance was nice and my stylist of 8+ years loves Goldwell products and has only ever used that brands color on my very lightened hair. This shampoo gave me an unusual reaction - acne-like cysts on my scalp and neck! Only a couple of conditioners have ever done this in the past and I only changed shampoo this time, nothing else. I am sensitive to a few natural ingredients (mainly oils) but am baffled. Beware! I am going to return it to Ulta :( Back to Matrix Biolage Color Care I guess.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by dorscd02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this shampoo, it is by far the my favourite. The smell is phenomenal and it leaves my hair really soft and healthy. I noticed a huge difference in my scalp too when I switched to this brand - I stopped getting dryness and flakes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by 1017

I got the regular size bottle with a little coupon at Ulta for about $11. It has sulfates. (I listed the ingredients under the designated section.) It says it is for medium to fine hair, which is perfect for my fine curly color-treated hair. The only problem I have is I need to wash daily, and I feel like this is over cleaning using it like that. I think this would work best, for me, if I use it every other wash or 2x a week or so. I can't speak to color retention because I am very over due for a touch up. It has a light pomegranate scent and is very pleasant. I like this, I like the scent, the feel, but it does get a bit drying after all the time. I need a little weight on my hair or it gets too flyaway and this leaves it a bit flyaway. For a shampoo for me, this is a 4, as far as a very nice shampoo regardless of my issues (hard time using sulfates daily), it is a 5. Not sure what a fair rating is. I do like this better than the Curly Twist by Goldwell (that felt a bit too heavy for my hair).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by voxpop

I work as a receptionist in a hair salon so I try a lot of shampoos. I also smell a lot of the ones I haven't even tried so I can help customers with specific requests. One day when I was checking out some products I hadn't really looked at before I happened to smell this shampoo and I fell in love. I bought it that day and I don't want to go back to anything else now. I also bought the matching conditioner. I find that other shampoos that aren't drying, aren't really cleansing either. But with Goldwell, my hair actually feels clean after. I loved L'anza for everything else but my hair never truly felt freshly washed after. I like how I can get that feeling with Goldwell without my hair feeling stripped like it would from a clarifying product. Can't wait to pick up a bigger size.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Scoutridge

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great shampoo for color treated but otherwise healthy fine hair. Even used daily, it does not build up and leaves my scalp and hair clean and ready to style. It reminds me of Pureology's Volume Shampoo in terms of lather.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by cutelildeadbear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

PLEASE NOTE: This review is for the DualSenses COLOR SHAMPOO, not the rich color. This one states that it is for NORMAL to FINE COLOR TREATED HAIR. If your hair is dry/brittle or over processed, I suggest you try the rich color line.

I will preface this with the fact that my HG shampoo is Redken All Soft and my HG conditioner is Pureology Hydrate. I actually have course/thick hair, but supposedly it is fine as well. I don't know how it can be all of those things, but that is what my hairdressers have told me in the past (two different ones).

Anyway, I received this as a free gift from my hairdresser in a little giftset for their color week special that they run two times a year when you come in for a color. I love trying new shampoos and conditioners when I don't have to actually pay for them!

Pros:
It smells good- doesn't have any weird scents and it isn't too strong or perfumey.
It lathers A LOT. If you like a lot of lather (I like medium lather) then this is definitely for you.
It makes my hair feel clean, and soft but not stripped.
The price is decent for a professional brand. I don't know what it costs at Ulta or a salon, but I looked online and for 10.1 oz it runs between $9-$13 which I consider average or low price. There might be a slight mark up at salons, but really compared to Pureology, or Alterna or well, pretty much anything at Ulta it's a bargain.
It definitely seems to protect my color- but then again, how can you really tell, right? At any rate, it certainly wasn't stripping the color out which for having red in my hair is saying a lot because red fades and washes away really quickly)
The bottle design is good because you can turn it upside down to get all of it out, and it also comes in a larger 1.5L bottle with a pump- I LOVE PUMPS!

Cons: I haven't really found any cons yet except that I personally am not a fan of that much lather, but it isn't so bad that I wouldn't use it.

So all in all, I'm going to go out and purchase this when I run out of my small bottle because even though I still love my Redken, I do like to mix it up sometimes even if it is just to smell something different in the shower.