October 23, 2014 | 914 users online

Polishes - Zoya - Katherine

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 5:17:00 AM More reviews by fashionfreak678

Katherine is a sheer, deep plum jelly. It's a bit patchy on the first coat, I use at least 2 to even it out when I layer this over shades of mauve, plum, and brown. I've worn it so far over Zoya Anastasia, China Glaze Hey Doll, and China Glaze Bogie. It adds another dimension to them with the "squishy" look. You can wear it on its own, totally opaque, at 4 coats. And you could also layer this with a glitter polish for a jelly sandwich manicure as well.

Love that Katharine Hepburn was the inspiration behind this polish, I could definitely see her wearing this!

Recommended to all jelly lovers!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2012 3:55:00 AM More reviews by slitherydee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite Zoya polish so far because the formula is so much better than the other jelly/sheer I bought from Zoya. The other color I have is Maya, which is a hot pink jelly I picked it up for summer. I hated to apply it because it went on thick and took so long to dry. It lasted a really, really long time, but it was so sheer I ended up needing at least 4 coats to get the opacity I wanted. This meant hours and hours of my life devoted to this nonsense.

Katherine is so much different. It's actually really thin, almost runny, but it is so much easier to control than the thick Maya. It's pretty sheer, but you can get the bottle color after 3 coats. I like the sheerness because I don't always want the bottle color. At 2 coats it's a really pretty medium plum color that is delicate and suitable for almost any outfit. At 3 coats you're getting a very dark, gothy plum, much more dramatic. I even like it at 1 coat, a very feminine light purple, except that it's hard to get the color even and can look a little streaky.

Downside? It doesn't last as long as Maya. I have noticed some wear around the edges after only 3 days. Maya would go a week before I'd see wear. Granted, I've been very tough on my nails lately, but I still think Maya is a much harder wearing color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by misanders

Katherine is a deep purple shade of nail polish. The color is beautiful, but this is one of those sheer polishes. I had to build up 3 coats to get the color I wanted. Like most of Zoya's polishes I've tried, this last 4 days before chipping. Love that. But I probably won't get anymore of their sheer polishes.