December 22, 2014 | 923 users online

Moisturizers - Badger - Damascus Rose Beauty Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2014 10:39:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

This balm is a must-have if you live in a climate where the fall and winter months are cold, dry and harsh. I have combo/oily skin that turns combo/dry in the colder months and I need something that gives added hydration without making me a grease-ball. This does the trick! I take a small amount of the balm and mix it in with my normal moisturizer for day and night application. It adds just enough hydration without making my skin look and feel greasy. I also apply it straight underneath my eyes and on my lips. It even works well mixed into my body moisturizer. My skin feels smooth and supple all day.

I love that this has just a few ingredients and you only need a little bit. I purchased the jar I have now almost two years ago and it's about half-way full.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am SO glad I read the reviews of this balm and decided to try it - it really has been a game-changer for me.

This balm comes in a 1oz. glass pot, I would describe the smell as "medicinal rose", colour is a somewhat transparent yellow, and the consistency is definitely a balm - thick, compressed, and solid and melts at your touch. The feel on your skin is hard to describe - it sounds negative if I say it's greasy, but that's the best way I can put it. It's not heavy and masking like Vaseline, but it has a kind of oily quality to it... Like I said - I don't mean this as a negative at all, I just simply don't know how else to describe the texture! The balm absorbs into the skin beautifully, and doesn't clog (my) pores at all. A little goes a very long way as it smoothes onto the skin wonderfully, so I can see this product lasting me a very long time. Always nice to find something so cost effective :)

As for function - I have been AMAZED at how moisturising this balm is. I have tried quite a few serums and creams (Perricone, Estee Lauder, Platinum Collagen, ElishaCoy snail cream) for the fine lines around my eyes and mouth, and this beats them all HANDS DOWN.
My favourite way to apply this balm is in the evening after cleansing and toning: I apply around my eyes, between my eyes where I have a little furrow (I frown fiercely in my sleep - anyone else?), in my nasolabial folds, the corners of my mouth, and all around the edges of my lips. I apply my usual heavy night cream on my cheeks, neck, and forehead, and let the Badger Balm work its magic. In the morning, I wake up with radiant soft skin and absolutely NO trace of lines around my eyes or mouth. With regular use, the balm has virtually erased my fine lines. I notice that when I neglect it, my skin is dry, frail, and my lines start creeping back - I really do notice a MASSIVE difference in using this.

At this point, this gorgeous balm is HG for me. 100% I will be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I agree, Fantastic!! I'm mad at myself for waiting so long to try this balm. I think I'm in love! First off, It doesn't smell like straight rose. Kind of a sweet herbal, floral type mixture. Very pleasant. It has a deep yellow color and is super smooth, soft, and spreadable. It won't tug at your skin when smoothing it on. It's super moisturizing yet doesn't feel like a heavy mask or that it's suffocating the pores. It sinks in well (only use a pinch) and leaves my skin feeling comfortable and protected from the dry air. Oh!, and it doesn't clog my pores! If your curious, just try it. Honestly, a great product. Good Stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This balm is fantastic! It moisturizes the eyes so very, very well. It has a pleasant rose scent, too! You only need to touch the balm for moisture so I can see this lasting a long time. You can scoop some and use it a la cold cream as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by lhyson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff!!! I originally bought this to use as an under eye cream but I have found myself using it to moisturize any where including my lips and hands/cuticles! I love the rosy smell and texture, it's definitely greasy but I like the consistancy. I use it in a lot of places on my face and it doesn't seem to give my acne and I have pretty normal skin. Definitely would buy this again :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by callyanyan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am dry skin. I choose this because I love rose. It is a bit oily. At first I just like the oily feeling because I once used and liked the No. 1 cream of NYR and these two feels similar.

However, unlike that cream, I start to have acne after I apply this balm. So I may not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 9:42:00 AM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

In general, I have had good luck with Badger products, and this one is no exception.

This is a beauty balm containing certified organic ingredients, all natural - olive oil, castor oil and several essential oils beneficial for the facial skin.
I use this balm on the face, to moisturize dry areas or regions with fine lines. It works perfect for under-eye treatment as well. Absolutely no side effects.
I have also tried using this as a cold cream cleanser, but it is sort of expensive to be used as a cleanser, lol.
The skin is left soft, moisturized (not greasy at all) and smooth after using this balm. It is akin to a beauty serum. It is so much better (and natural too) than the super-expensive, artificial perfumed BB creams flooding the market!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No