November 21, 2014 | 1921 users online

Sunscreen - La Prairie - Sun Protection Emulsion Face SPF30

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by firesyren

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

$95 for 4.2 oz. This is a very easy to wear and use sunscreen for face. It has a fantstic texture, just like a nice moisturizer, and doesn't leave skin sticky or chalky. It simply sinks right in and leaves skin soft, not greasy all. It doesn't pill under makeup and doesn't affect the way my foundations wear or look in a bad way--in fact, my foundations seem to apply smoother and look better for longer with this sunscreen on. The sun protection seems to be pretty good too, as I'm not getting tan at all nor burned when in the sun with this product. However, the price is prohibitive for sunscreen. I suppose that when it comes to protecting one's skin, there should be no worries about cost. However, I do find that L'oreal Sublime Sun SPF50 lotion (not the one for face, but the larger tube for body) is somewhat similar in feel and wear and protects my face just as well. I can feel the L'oreal ever so slightly on my skin, whereas the La Prairie seems to meld with the skin once applied. Overall though the differences aren't that great. The L'oreal is approx $11 for 3.0 oz. Thinking in terms of price alone, I can buy 8 of the L'oreal and not yet be at the cost of one La Prairie. Active ingredients = La Prairie avobenzone 3.0%, homosalate 10.0%, octisalate 2.6%, octocrylene 2.4%, oxybenzone 5.0%. L'oreal Sublime Sun avobenzone 3.0%, homosalate 15%, octisalate 5%, octocrylene 5%, oxybenzone 6%.