La Prairie Sun Protection Emulsion Face SPF30

I use SPF on my face daily. Protecting my skin is very important to me, facial brown spots and skin discolorations is a thing in my family, and I figured that buying sunscreen (even though this particular one is expensive) is cheaper than skin treatments. A tube contains 125 ml and costs $95, I love this product (but when I see the price I'm like: well, shit.) The formula is very lightweight and it is easy to distribute an even layer of the product all over the face. It sets into a satin finish and it does not leave me feeling greasy and oily afterwards, it just sinks into my skin and I do not feel like I have sunscreen on throughout the day. It also contains antioxidants that slows down the development of wrinkles and premature aging skin. What I love the most about this product is that It is quite a multitasker. It is a sunscreen and a moisturizer all in one, it WILL NOT TRIGGER ACNE (unlike many body formula suncreens), and I personally feel like it works as an illluminator/primer. I get a kind of "glow from within"/healthy look when I use this underneath my foundation and it provides a sliky smooth base. Other factors I like about this is that it doesn't leave a visible white layer of sunscreen on my face (so it doesn't look bad when I wear it on its own), the white cast in flash photography is very little and it has a mild scent that is not offensive.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

$95 for 4.2 oz. This is a very easy to wear and use sunscreen for face. It has a fantstic texture, just like a nice moisturizer, and doesn't leave skin sticky or chalky. It simply sinks right in and leaves skin soft, not greasy all. It doesn't pill under makeup and doesn't affect the way my foundations wear or look in a bad way--in fact, my foundations seem to apply smoother and look better for longer with this sunscreen on. The sun protection seems to be pretty good too, as I'm not getting tan at all nor burned when in the sun with this product. However, the price is prohibitive for sunscreen. I suppose that when it comes to protecting one's skin, there should be no worries about cost. However, I do find that L'oreal Sublime Sun SPF50 lotion (not the one for face, but the larger tube for body) is somewhat similar in feel and wear and protects my face just as well. I can feel the L'oreal ever so slightly on my skin, whereas the La Prairie seems to meld with the skin once applied. Overall though the differences aren't that great. The L'oreal is approx $11 for 3.0 oz. Thinking in terms of price alone, I can buy 8 of the L'oreal and not yet be at the cost of one La Prairie. Active ingredients = La Prairie avobenzone 3.0%, homosalate 10.0%, octisalate 2.6%, octocrylene 2.4%, oxybenzone 5.0%. L'oreal Sublime Sun avobenzone 3.0%, homosalate 15%, octisalate 5%, octocrylene 5%, oxybenzone 6%.