December 19, 2014 | 933 users online

Shampoo - Suave - Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Smoothing Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Solfire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I would give this 0 stars if I could.

This shampoo made my hair fall out more than usual. It was especially terrible after shampooing. It was so gross to have to collect so much of my hair from the hair catcher that I have over my shower's drain. My hair has really thinned out since using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by zlaila220

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this, I really truly did. It worked great the first few washes and then it just made my hair really dry and coarse. It felt so rough just touching my hair after a while. In the beginning it made my hair feel super healthy but it did make my roots super greasy. I tend to wash my hair every other night and sleep on it damp, so the morning of the second day my roots looked disgustingly greasy and my ends were disproportionately dry.It does however have some perks.

PROS: My hair felt healthier and thicker, it smells great, it lathers well, I didn't lose as much hair as I normally do in the shower, fairly cheap all things considered; I bought mine for about $2.40 a bottle at Target

Cons: eventually it dried out my hair, left my roots too greasy if I didn't wash every day and the ends too dry, didn't help the frizz, some days it actually made it worse, doesn't hold down frizz is +60% humidity days, and the smell doesn't last very long

Apparently I have type 1c-2a hair so I don't worry too much about frizz unless it's summer because it tends to get frizzy and dry in the humid months and the ends look awful. I don't make a fuss about my hair, historically I've washed at night, slept on it wet, and was ready to go in the morning without having to style (sometimes I didn't even need to brush my hair) and it looked shiny, healthy, and great. I missed all of that with prolonged use of this. This is not an everyday wash. I'd only buy it again if my hair was really unhealthy and needed a keratin boost once every week or so. For now I'm putting the half finished bottles under the sink and might use them once in a while for, like I said, a keratin boost.

Also as a side note, I had a bottle of Tresemme Keratin Smooth in my house and compared the ingredients. They're essentially the same but I got better results with Tresemme. There's a little food for thought if you're wondering which to drop money on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

I found the scent pretty repulsive. Not at all pleasing

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by etain_anders

Picked this up first in the trial size and couldn't believe how great it made my hair feel. I went back and got the full size a week later. It's incredibly fun to use--you can feel the moisture and keratin sinking into your skin and hair while you lather up. Despite the moisturizing qualities, it still gets my oily hair completely clean every time. Frankly it works much better than my John Ferria shampoos at about half the price. Lovely stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by squirrelXetiquette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot quite pinpoint what makes this shampoo so awesome, but I do know that I am almost out & am looking forward to repurchasing a new bottle! The shampoo is thick & gooey, but when rinsed out, it leaves my hair soft, silky, poufy, and soft. I dont even use a conditioner with it! My hair is normal to dry, and I think this shampoo has improved the overall texture and look of my mane. Try it; it is inexpensive & found at most drugstores! Go, go keratin!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by glamycakes2014

didnt notice a diffrence in my hair. plus i cant stand the smell

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by DebAnneM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Terrific Product for the price, use with conditioner, you will not be disappointed....
Good suds, rinses well, smells ok.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by martel92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this shampoo for a while and liked it. I have dry course hair and it did tame it pretty well while also leaving it fresh and clean, but my hair was still course feeling and not very soft or hydrated. But that's just how my hair naturally is so I can't really blame that on the shampoo. Overall it was a good shampoo and I would buy it again, but it would not be my first choice.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Valentinies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Left my hair feeling sticky and gooey.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by goldieb19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me just start out by saying that this isn't necessarily a bad product--it just doesn't work for my hair type AT ALL. Due to over processing, the ends of my hair are very dry and brittle, while my scalp is prone to oiliness. Also, humidity + my hair = a big hot mess, so it is important that I have a product to keep it sleek when exposed to a lot of moisture. I bought this shampoo and the matching conditioner thinking that it might take care of the dryness problem, as well as keep my hair smooth in the humidity. On the pros side, my hair did look great when it was freshly washed and style . Also, the smell is really appealing, and I couldn't stop myself from running my hands through my hair because it was so incredibly soft. But unfortunately, by the next morning, my hair looked a mess. I got really warm overnight while sleeping, and when I woke up, my hair was CURLY. As in, small little ringlets all over my head. No matter the natural wave to my hair, NO shampoo/conditioner combination have ever done this. As if this were not enough of a problem, after straightening my hair, it looked really oily--even though it had just been washed the night before. This product simply contains too much moisture for my hair, and I will not repurchase it. Furthermore, I don't recommend it for anyone with naturally wavy, oil-prone--especially if you like your hair straight.