Jamberry Nails- Nail Shields

3.1

on 5/31/2015 5:47:00 PM

I will not be buying this product again. It wrecked my nails, they are brittle, splitting and not growing as they once did. I was impressed with the way it lasted for the 2 weeks and looked nice, but I was unaware of what was happening under the wraps. They seem to block oxygen to the nail beds. I would not recommend this product.

on 5/20/2015 9:23:00 PM

I really do like these. Even gel manis only last about 4-5 days for me and completely wreck my nails underneath. These do take me about 30-40 minutes to apply, and there definitely is a learning curve. I do get wear at the tips about 5 days in, but only if you look very closely. My general wear time is about 8-10 days. I've also found that certain designs don't last as long--anything with metallic tends to wear quicker or peel faster. As a person with thyroid disease, my natural nails peel and split so quickly, but these actually help me keep them from doing that. Thumbs up!

on 5/20/2015 9:03:00 PM

I wore the covers on my fingernails for 2 weeks. I removed them as directed. My nails are still cracked, broken and brittle. I had to cut them as they break all the time. My coworker wore hers at the same time and is having the same issue. I would discourage purchasing this product.

on 5/15/2015 10:59:00 AM

If you’re already a nail art guru, or if you have no patience for doing your own nails, Jamberry likely isn’t for you. However, I've been using Jamberry for nearly a year, and I'm hooked. I'm terrible at painting my own nails, I have no money or time for a visit to the nail salon, and I hate the feel of artificial nails. Jamberry lets me have nice looking nails that feel like my natural nails, without the mess, money or inconvenience.

There's definitely a learning curve to getting a good application, but don't let that be a barrier to trying these. Remember how bad you were at painting your own nails the first few times? You're much better now, because you practiced, right? It's the same thing with Jamberry.

There are a few universal "do's" when it comes to application, and a lot of individually customized ones. The universal ones include:
• make sure you've pushed back your cuticles, because the adhesive won't stick to skin;
• make sure your nails are fully dry and oil-free prior to application;
• make sure you heat the wrap enough (different finishes need different heating times);
• pick a wrap that is slightly smaller than your nail bed, as getting a good seal means making sure your wrap edges don’t touch any skin.

Individual “do’s” are just that – individual. Some people like to trim the wrap for a custom fit, while others are fine with whatever wrap fits the best right off the sheet. Some people trim the excess with nail scissors, and some people just file it off. Some people like to stretch the wrap on the nail while it’s still warm, while others like to cut notches to help the edges lay flat. There’s a bazillion videos available on the internet with a bazillion personal preferences. It doesn’t take many applications to figure out which ones work for you, and once you do, you’re golden.

Removal is easy. I like to use oil and a dental flosser. Working the flosser between the wrap and the nail helps get the oil under the wrap, where it dissolves the adhesive without damaging the nail.

To sum up, Jamberry requires a little patience at startup, but if you’re like me, it’s worth the time and effort.

on 5/9/2015 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

First off I am a very proficient at nail stamping but I find I have limitation on how "colorful" I can stamp an image. I only use Jamberry wrap styles that are not easily recreated by a tape manicure or Konad-or similar stamping technique.

I find the application is easy. I tend to apply the wrap "cold" without heating first. That way I can realign easily before the heat activates the adhesive. I also recommend to buy a mini heater. Hairdryer works well, as I only do 2 fingers, but full application it would be noisy. I find the wraps stay on very well. I never wear my manicure longer than 1 week, and they hold up very well. By the end of the week my polished fingers are chipped or tip wear, while the Jamberry nails look nearly new.

It is time consuming to apply if you need to trim the wraps to fit narrow nail bed, but practice makes perfect.

Will Jamberry replace my normal polish...no. However I love to use them as accent nails. Great for gals like want nail art but too intimated to try stamping or other nail art techniques.

on 3/31/2015 3:10:00 PM

I think for the price and the variety of designs they offer, they're a pretty decent deal IF you prefer doing your own nails. I do agree that it's a tedious effort to apply them but practice does make perfect. My nails are curved and longer than the ones I've seen in the catalog; therefore, they tend to peel and not stay on for more than five days without chipping at the top. It helped to brush on nail glue as a top coat. Ultimately, I still find myself getting the gel coat manicures, even though it's a more damaging product, but it does last a full two weeks on my nails.

on 3/31/2015 12:58:00 PM

I love doing fun designs on my nails. However I don't have time. I used to do my own gel mani's but I have a young child and cannot keep up with that anymore.

It does take a little time to do these (but like anything it takes time do do things right).

My gel mani's will usually last about 1.5 weeks and these last a little over a weeks for me. I am so hard on my nails (always in water etc.) so for one week for $15 (plus you get multiple mani's and accent nails and pedis out of one sheet) vs $30 plus tip for ONE gel application I think this is a great deal.

Take the time to go over the tips!!!

There are two videos on their website that show you how to apply AND the tips to apply.

I would recommend these to anyone. If you can attend a party where someone shows you how to do them VS buying on an online party it is WAY more helpful!!

I love these nail wraps! These are the only things that last on my nails for 2 weeks! I find them relatively easy to apply (no harder than applying polish in my opinion). My fave nail item to date!

on 2/27/2015 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Cute designs, but are hard to apply. When I tried them, they looked horrible- all wrinkled and lifting up at the sides. I will not buy these again.

on 2/27/2015 2:04:00 AM

Do not trust a product that requires a million troubleshooting tips to get it to work and even then, the wraps do not last for very long. Save your money and use it for a relaxing manicure or pedicure.