Jamberry Nails- Nail Shields

3.1

on 3/31/2015 3:10:00 PM

I think for the price and the variety of designs they offer, they're a pretty decent deal IF you prefer doing your own nails. I do agree that it's a tedious effort to apply them but practice does make perfect. My nails are curved and longer than the ones I've seen in the catalog; therefore, they tend to peel and not stay on for more than five days without chipping at the top. It helped to brush on nail glue as a top coat. Ultimately, I still find myself getting the gel coat manicures, even though it's a more damaging product, but it does last a full two weeks on my nails.

on 3/31/2015 12:58:00 PM

I love doing fun designs on my nails. However I don't have time. I used to do my own gel mani's but I have a young child and cannot keep up with that anymore.

It does take a little time to do these (but like anything it takes time do do things right).

My gel mani's will usually last about 1.5 weeks and these last a little over a weeks for me. I am so hard on my nails (always in water etc.) so for one week for $15 (plus you get multiple mani's and accent nails and pedis out of one sheet) vs $30 plus tip for ONE gel application I think this is a great deal.

Take the time to go over the tips!!!

There are two videos on their website that show you how to apply AND the tips to apply.

I would recommend these to anyone. If you can attend a party where someone shows you how to do them VS buying on an online party it is WAY more helpful!!

I love these nail wraps! These are the only things that last on my nails for 2 weeks! I find them relatively easy to apply (no harder than applying polish in my opinion). My fave nail item to date!

on 2/27/2015 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Cute designs, but are hard to apply. When I tried them, they looked horrible- all wrinkled and lifting up at the sides. I will not buy these again.

on 2/27/2015 2:04:00 AM

Do not trust a product that requires a million troubleshooting tips to get it to work and even then, the wraps do not last for very long. Save your money and use it for a relaxing manicure or pedicure.

on 2/12/2015 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I hated these the first time I tried them. They wrinkled, wouldn't stick, took forever to put on and they just looked awful. The second time I tried them, I loved them! It takes me about 45 minutes to do all my fingernails, they don't wrinkle, etc. Just almost perfect. The trick for me is to heat the front and back of the wrap until they're super flexible. I think they're a little pricey for a diy wrap, but given that they last fairly long and have so many cute designs and you can get multiple applications from one pack, they're worth it. The packaging could provide better application instructions. And they do take a while to apply properly. But overall, I'm happy with them and will buy them again!

on 2/1/2015 10:31:00 AM

Bought a few of these from an friend's online Jamberry party. I had a hard time picking what I could use since a lot of them are pretty flashy and at age 46 I can't pull off little hearts on my nails :) However, I found some nice subtle wraps as well as some clear ones that I can try over polish.

Pros:
-Many options to choose
-Natural materials
-No dry-time

Cons:
-A bit expensive in my opinion and must be mail-ordered.
-These things will not adhere to my nails no matter what I do. My nails are curved so that could be part of the problem. I finally had to put some adhesive base coat under the tips to get them to stick.
-Wrinkling - cannot get a smooth wrap, again probably due to my nails and not the product
-Sizing - cannot find a size that really fits - either too big or too small for all of my nails
-PITA to apply. Using a blow dryer for each nail and having to smooth is not time efficient.

I really want to like these, envisioning myself with two chip-free weeks, but alas I think good old-fashioned polish is best for me, despite its own limitations.

on 1/31/2015 8:22:00 PM

These did not work for me. I have curved nails, so they wrinkled on the edges. I read about a trick where you put rice in a sock, wrap it with an elastic and microwave for ~15 seconds. That helped immensely but it still wasn't perfect; couldn't get rid of the last two wrinkles, and still the bottom edges were coming up within a day. I admit, I didn't help the situation because I will pick at my nails if they're not smooth, so I don't blame the product entirely.
I love that it's a natural material - I was hoping to use these when I get pregnant again - and it is a relatively quick process to apply once you get the hang of it. But for me, it feels like there is a piece of tape on my nails, and that drives me nuts. Several friends love these, though, and they certainly have an incredible variety of designs, so I gave this product a 2 overall, even if it wasn't for me.

Many of my Facebook friends have been selling these lately so I decided to try them out.
Pros:
*No dry time
*No fumes
*Wide variety of designs including solids and glitters
*Reasonable price. A sheet is $15 and you can get at least 2 manis out of it.

Cons:
*My main beef with these is that they made my nails peel in spite of following removal directions
*I had read claims that these would last 10-14 days, but mine only lasted around 5 days before they were lifting and raggedy at the tips.
*Not a big fan of the MLM business model
*Application is annoying and time-consuming
*Not shiny

If it weren't for the peeling issue I would consider these for accent nails but overall the product just wasn't for me.

I wanted to love these, but they are just OK. I have three gripes:
1) These are not quick and easy to apply. It takes me at least 45 minutes to apply them. The application requires intense concentration and fine motor skills. You need a whole repertoire of tools and a heat source. It feels like a chore.
2) They are expensive! While you can get two or three manicures out of a pack, they are still not cheap. For what they are, these things should be very inexpensive.
3) They do not last longer than a week on me. I hear stories of these lasting for 2 weeks, but i am not one of those lucky girls. On top of that, after a couple of days they start lifting and wrinkling in spots. I must "tend" to them by reheating and flattening out the lifting areas, which is so annoying.
The pro with this product is the number of cool, unique designs that are available.
Not sure if i will repurchase when i am done with my stash.