Jamberry Nails- Nail Shields

3.1

I love these nail wraps! These are the only things that last on my nails for 2 weeks! I find them relatively easy to apply (no harder than applying polish in my opinion). My fave nail item to date!

on 2/27/2015 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Cute designs, but are hard to apply. When I tried them, they looked horrible- all wrinkled and lifting up at the sides. I will not buy these again.

on 2/27/2015 2:04:00 AM

Do not trust a product that requires a million troubleshooting tips to get it to work and even then, the wraps do not last for very long. Save your money and use it for a relaxing manicure or pedicure.

on 2/12/2015 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I hated these the first time I tried them. They wrinkled, wouldn't stick, took forever to put on and they just looked awful. The second time I tried them, I loved them! It takes me about 45 minutes to do all my fingernails, they don't wrinkle, etc. Just almost perfect. The trick for me is to heat the front and back of the wrap until they're super flexible. I think they're a little pricey for a diy wrap, but given that they last fairly long and have so many cute designs and you can get multiple applications from one pack, they're worth it. The packaging could provide better application instructions. And they do take a while to apply properly. But overall, I'm happy with them and will buy them again!

on 2/1/2015 10:31:00 AM

Bought a few of these from an friend's online Jamberry party. I had a hard time picking what I could use since a lot of them are pretty flashy and at age 46 I can't pull off little hearts on my nails :) However, I found some nice subtle wraps as well as some clear ones that I can try over polish.

Pros:
-Many options to choose
-Natural materials
-No dry-time

Cons:
-A bit expensive in my opinion and must be mail-ordered.
-These things will not adhere to my nails no matter what I do. My nails are curved so that could be part of the problem. I finally had to put some adhesive base coat under the tips to get them to stick.
-Wrinkling - cannot get a smooth wrap, again probably due to my nails and not the product
-Sizing - cannot find a size that really fits - either too big or too small for all of my nails
-PITA to apply. Using a blow dryer for each nail and having to smooth is not time efficient.

I really want to like these, envisioning myself with two chip-free weeks, but alas I think good old-fashioned polish is best for me, despite its own limitations.

on 1/31/2015 8:22:00 PM

These did not work for me. I have curved nails, so they wrinkled on the edges. I read about a trick where you put rice in a sock, wrap it with an elastic and microwave for ~15 seconds. That helped immensely but it still wasn't perfect; couldn't get rid of the last two wrinkles, and still the bottom edges were coming up within a day. I admit, I didn't help the situation because I will pick at my nails if they're not smooth, so I don't blame the product entirely.
I love that it's a natural material - I was hoping to use these when I get pregnant again - and it is a relatively quick process to apply once you get the hang of it. But for me, it feels like there is a piece of tape on my nails, and that drives me nuts. Several friends love these, though, and they certainly have an incredible variety of designs, so I gave this product a 2 overall, even if it wasn't for me.

Many of my Facebook friends have been selling these lately so I decided to try them out.
Pros:
*No dry time
*No fumes
*Wide variety of designs including solids and glitters
*Reasonable price. A sheet is $15 and you can get at least 2 manis out of it.

Cons:
*My main beef with these is that they made my nails peel in spite of following removal directions
*I had read claims that these would last 10-14 days, but mine only lasted around 5 days before they were lifting and raggedy at the tips.
*Not a big fan of the MLM business model
*Application is annoying and time-consuming
*Not shiny

If it weren't for the peeling issue I would consider these for accent nails but overall the product just wasn't for me.

I wanted to love these, but they are just OK. I have three gripes:
1) These are not quick and easy to apply. It takes me at least 45 minutes to apply them. The application requires intense concentration and fine motor skills. You need a whole repertoire of tools and a heat source. It feels like a chore.
2) They are expensive! While you can get two or three manicures out of a pack, they are still not cheap. For what they are, these things should be very inexpensive.
3) They do not last longer than a week on me. I hear stories of these lasting for 2 weeks, but i am not one of those lucky girls. On top of that, after a couple of days they start lifting and wrinkling in spots. I must "tend" to them by reheating and flattening out the lifting areas, which is so annoying.
The pro with this product is the number of cool, unique designs that are available.
Not sure if i will repurchase when i am done with my stash.

on 11/12/2014 12:43:00 PM

Love these! As someone who absolutely cannot get polish to last on my nails for even 24 hours, I am so pleased with this product! I am on my second set of Jams and have opted for glittery ones to camouflage my stubby nails that are so damaged from acrylics. (Every time I would get a fill in for my acrylic nails, I would end up with another ridge drilled out of my nail bed!) Was concerned the Jamberries would not hold up on my peeling, sad, short nails. But the first application lasted me over two weeks! I did reheat and help edges lie back down using a small straightening iron (turned on briefly and then turned OFF!)... With minor touch ups after week one, I was still crazy about them at the two week mark! I did have a lot of nail growth at the cuticle so it was time to change at that point.

Lasted through showers and baths and rough treatment. I did not baby them and they held up great. Important not to pick at them or you'll break the seal.

Super important to do the nail preparation recommended. It is a bit tedious to cut some to size if you don't find the right fit. However, I saw the tip on YouTube to use scotch tape and trace the bottom and sides of your nail to be able to find or make the perfect fit. I am picky and did not want them too skinny where a line of nail shows along the side. I was able to fit them all quite well. Also, it is important not to go too wide with them. They don't stay as well and look kind of awful if they are two big and extend onto your skin.

I used a mini space heater to heat mine. Worked perfectly.

The only challenges I found thus far with super short nails is the ability to file off the excess at the end is tricky... and wearing ombré ones wouldn't show the color variation unless I made a template with tape and cut higher up on the wrap. With a little extra effort, I was able to incorporate both colors.

These are SO pretty in person. I love the glittery ones. Got some Christmas ones for fun. I have accented my ring finger with a white on clear chevron wrap applied right over my base wrap.

Can't say enough good things about Jamberry Nail Wraps. Soooo great!

Made the mistake of trying the jams on top of a home gel tip kit where I thought it would be fun to have longer nails to show the jams off. The Jamberries did great BUT the gel nails popped off within a day! Wasted two hands' worth of nail wraps! Drats!! Immediately replaced them with just the Jamberries on my natural nail. Now they will last!

on 11/8/2014 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I did not like these at all!!! I might even have hated them. First of all, way too complicated to apply...I hated having to use my blow dryer to apply them. Very not convenient at all, plus it took me over an hour to do. They advertise ease and quickness, yet it was the complete opposite. The wraps did not lay flat on my nails, so there were tiny sharp edges sticking up all over the place. I used plenty of heat from the blow dryer to seal them, yet they still started pealing up the next day. I removed them that second day because I couldn't stand how they weren't flat on my nails and how some edges began pealing up. I used warm olive oil like the rep suggested...still damaged my nails!!! Never again will I apply these, even as an accent nail. I'd much rather paint my nails and have a beautiful, long lasting, smooth and shiny manicure.