Jamberry Nails- Nail Shields

2.8

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Soooooo disappointed with these. They didn't even last a day. They look amazing, were easy to apply but just didn't go the distance. I bought the heater and that was a crap waste of money. Also bought the starter kit but don't bother. If they lasted like they're supposed to they would have been good value for money. Such a shame!

I am completely hooked on these after trying some samples at a friend's party and purchasing my first set. I am really rough on my nails and even the highest quality polish peels/chips after a couple of days. Once I got the hang of applying the nail wraps, I get perfect looking nails that stay that way until I remove them two weeks later. I only remove them when the growth by the cuticle starts being too noticeable or if I get bored of the design. They have fared well on my toddler's toes but don't stay well on her fingers.

Worst product i ever used peeled the same day will never use again . Waste of time and money.

I hate this product. Total waste of money. I followed the directions to a tee and tried every trick out there but no matter what the wraps would start to lift and peel within 24 hours of applying them. Not to mention it feels like you're wearing tape on your nails. So disappointing...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

1) Duration:
I am on my second jamberry mani, and I am very pleased so far. My first application lasted 12 days before they started coming off on their own after washing dishes. This is almost the advertised life of a mani, so I was very pleased. My toe pedi is still going strong almost to the 3 week mark.

2) Removal:
I have read a bit about people having to use certain procedures to remove their jams, but I found that was not necessary for me….warm water after washing dishes did it for me, no need for dental floss, etc. Also, after they were removed, my nails actually looked better than before. Previously I was going through a faze of biting my nails, so these prevented me from doing that; so my nails grew out, although I will be keeping them on the short side for the time being.

3) Nail Damage:
Some people have said their nails started breaking, cracking, becoming brittle and dry after removal, but for me it was the opposite. I can't seem to think of the mechanism behind these problems happening to people….and some one here suggested it was because of "lack of oxygen" reaching the nail beds due to the nail being covered by the wrap, which is a ridiculous thought….unless the "lack of oxygen" being referred to is due to deficiency in blood oxygenation, (blood) which is what delivers nutrients to the nails. The actual nail is made of keratin, which does not breathe….nutrients affect the nail from the blood supply underneath the nail. Anyway….

4) Application:
I am a perfectionist when I want something done right….so I naturally take a long time to apply these….not because, in my experience, they are difficult to apply, but because after they are placed (which takes me less than one minute per nail), I heat, press, heat, press, heat, press, on and on each nail for a good while (at least 5 minutes) while I am relaxing after work or on the weekend watching tv. Maybe my success with them lasting a good 12 days is the fact that I take a pampering approach in the application process and really do take the time to heat and press ALL OVER multiple times in each spot. Also, at the beginning of the process when I am heating the cut wrap before first application, I heat it for a good amount of time….10 seconds or so. I am probably being very anal and excessive with the length of time it takes me to apply, but for me, time is not an issue and I use this as a time of pampering myself (and it takes a shorter amount of time than going to the salon---I don't mind doing the work). The length of time I have had them last (my first time) makes up for the time it took me to apply them.
I use a heat gun that I use for embossing to apply the jams.

5) Cost:
I have to admit, the cost is not prohibitive for me, and being that I am getting multiple applications (hands and feet) from one sheet, the cost is very fair. Plus they last a good amount of time. In my experience, this is definitely more cost effective than going to the salon to have my nails done ($25-45 for a manicure at the salon plus $20 for the tip spent on nail polish that will not last, or gel/acrylics that will ruin my nails vs $15 for a sheet that will last me 12 days per application and has 2-3 applications per sheet---it is a no brainer for me).

6) Quality:
I bought a glittery sheet, 2 clear sheets, and 1 with a chetah print and I have found the quality to be very good. The only time the nail felt thicker was when I applied the glittery one with a clear one on top to give it a design. That was more noticeable on the hands than on the toes.

Conclusion:
YMMV, but my experience was positive and totally worth it for me. The finishes that I bought held up well and looked great. I will be trying the other finishes, although the metallic finish doesn't peak my interest as much….I will try it any way to get a full view of the jamberry line.

Let's start by saying these wraps are absolutely adorable, very easy to apply, and not at all harmful to your nails but I will not be buying very many of them. They are perfect for special occasions such Weddings, parties, or even just to have cute nails during the holidays! Especially if you don't want to damage your nails with acrylics or spend a lot of money. In my experience (Mother in law is a Jamberry Consultant) these wraps last about 3-4 days with little to no maintenance but after that you better be prepared to use your rice bag to stick them back down at least 3 times a day. They are wonderful for your toes though!! Application is time consuming for toes but they look lovely and require no maintenance for at least a month. That is why I have mixed feelings about these wraps.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

These don't even deserve a 1 rating. Terrible product. These make me feel like I have duct tape stuck on your nails. They don't last maybe 2 days before the ends start to curl up. Just stick with nail polish.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought these from a lady at my daughter dance class. First let me say the designs are super cute. However, getting them on is such a pain! You fight with them for about a hour just to have them wrinkle up. I followed the directions and online tips with nothing. I got my daughter 2 sets and myself 2. 2 of my daughters wraps fell off the first 30 minutes of application. Mine feel funny as off I have a constant hangnail. I have done everything the trouble shooting says to do to fix this problem with no result. So here I sit, 40 dollars in the hole with nails I don't even want to look at anymore. My daughter was devistated hers didn't stay on (the drama of a 5 year old) I'm more upset I throw my money away than anything. I will never buy this product again. Please save your money and buy some nail polish. They have DIY nail art on YouTube that will take just as much time as these did to fight with

i followed all the directions, wiped down the nails with alcohol first, heated the wraps before and after application, they did not lay flat had loose edges. peeled off after 24 hours. waste of money. did not last and looked cheap while they were on.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I had high hopes for these, usually because nail wraps don't usually adhere to my nails and this was the first time I've used any that really stuck for more than an hour.

However, I ended up peeling them off not long after because I absolutely could not get them smooth, no matter what I did. I tried a heater, I tried a blowdryer, I tried rice in a sock in the microwave - nothing. I just can't stand the way all the little ridges at the tips and on the sides look and feel. Watched dozens of youtube tutorials and spent more hours than I'd like to admit on trying to get them perfect, but I'm giving up - these just aren't for me.

When my nails are long, I have somewhat exaggerated -- and some uneven -- c-curves, and my nail beds naturally curve downward as well. However, I definitely do not have the curviest c-curve I've seen so if you're a super curvy gal, don't even bother with these. I usually wear my nails oval or almond shaped, so basically I have the worst possible nail type for Jamberry wraps. They are way too thick and rigid to use on your nails if you have any sort of curve.

Now that I've nubbed them and filed them square (yuck, not a good look for me) I'm going to try again just to see if I can get some use out of them. I don't know how long I can stand to look at my hands with squared-off nails, but hopefully it's longer than I can stand the little ridges all over my nail wrap.

Also, I bought the Jamberry ridge filling base coat to see if it would help things smooth out, but it actually made it worse. So much for that.