April 24, 2014 | 1944 users online

Mascara - Just for Redheads - Mascara Mystique - GingerAuburn

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by gingercurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this mascara for about a year and have it in ginger red and ginger auburn. This mascara does not flake and is easily buildable to create a natural look or a dramatic look. I use the ginger auburn color when I want my eyelashes to be darker, mostly for evening looks. The ginger red color is perfect for me because it matches my natural hair color and looks subtle but makes my lashes well-defined.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I know heavy, dark eye makeup is extremely fashionable right now, as well as false eyelashes, but for everyday wear, professionalism, etc., a natural-looking, polished look is most comfortable for me. I'll never forget my delight, almost 20 years ago, when I received a Just For Redheads catalog in my mail. The first thing I bought was a mascara, and, to this day I have yet to find mascaras that are as flattering.

I do wear black mascara, but mostly during cooler weather, or for nighttime wear. Most of the time, though, day or night, auburn mascaras are, by far, the most flattering. Honestly, and I'm not kidding, I feel I look much younger with redhead mascara; probably because warm tones are so flattering for my skin. Even brown mascara lacks the vibrance of auburn, and the auburn mascara deeply enhances green in my eyes. Mascara Mystique is JFR's newest mascara, and it's wonderful. Often the color "auburn" is interpreted with violet undertones, but, thankfully, JFR's auburn is a dark copper-bronze brown. It beautifies lashes just like black mascaras, but the shade and tone make a huge difference. I definitely look more energetic with auburn mascara.

This mascara goes on very wet, and it takes a minute or two to set. I keep a Q-tip ready to wipe any smudges from blinking, or lack of coordination. When this stuff sets, it's not going anywhere until it's removed. It lengthens beautifully, adds volume, and HOLDS CURL! You'd think with naturally curly hair my eyelashes could do something...but they stick out straight, and they're lighter than my hair, and short. Mascara Mystique makes them curled, and very defined, which is the look I love. The color blends with my coloring so I get an all-over enhanced look without any glaring makeup. This keeps lashes soft and it doesn't flake, smudge, or cause racoon eyes.

I use eye makeup remover to get it all off at night. It's not a water-"proof+ formula, but it's definitely highly water resistant. My DHC Cleansing Oil isn't even a match for this. A dual-phase remover works best. If you have red hair and you feel like black/brown mascara takes away from your look, you have got to try some of Just For Redheads mascaras. There are several formulas and a wide range of colors, Especially if you want your eyes to look brighter, and younger, you may find redhead mascara does the trick.