November 24, 2014 | 1819 users online

Mascara - Just for Redheads - Mascara Mystique - GingerAuburn

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love JFR's shade selection for redheads (or people posing thereas). Ginger Red is a natural looking reddish brown and works great on pale lashes for a more natural alternative to "Brown/Black".

Decent formula but can get clumpy so cap tightly and replace every 4-5 months. (That is expensive, I know).

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAlleyOops

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was very intrigued by a mascara "just for redheads". I'm an auburn head, still, it's not easy to find anything other than black, blackest black or brownish black at the retail level. So excitedly, I placed my order for the Mascara Mystique in Ginger Auburn. The order came and the wand was literally locked in place, I could not remove it from the container. Customer service cheerfully reacted and sent out another tube pronto. There was no way to know if the mascara was previously used, since it was not in any secure package, there was no expiration date stamped, nothing, so I had to assume it was fresh and new. It arrived in a little white logo imprinted tissue paper with a very tiny black shopping bag enclosed, if that was the packaging, it was a nice touch and the items arrived safely.

I hated this mascara. The product was thin, there was no way to get length or fullness from it, regardless of more coats. And it was quite wet which meant little dots here and there around your eyes that needed dabbing to remove. And oh boy, do not get this product in your eye! OUCH. It stung. Even just having a teary eye from say, the wind or a sniffle from a sad movie, OUCH, the stuff stings and burns.

I also ordered the Mascara Naturelle in Ginger Brown and I might as well have put clear gel on, not a fan. I used eye makeup remover oil to remove both varieties of Just for Redheads mascara, with my favorite trick of using a Pampers baby wipe as my makeup remover towelette!

For me, a less expensive and good quality everyday mascara is Maybelline® Volum' Express® The Colossal Washable Mascara in GLAM BROWN, my staple go-to for both color and wearability. And at under six bucks, I can replace it without spending very much. And it really makes my eyes pop! without being overdone or too dark.

I also purchased the just for redheads emery board, it was the cheapest board you can buy with the logo on it, eye roll. Three little boards for $2.00. Definitely not just for redheads.

As for the "just for redheads part", meh. Really, you can buy the same color palette for much less elsewhere. Just be mindful of the makeup colors you choose from the grand amount readily available and find what that flatters your fair skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by gingercurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this mascara for about a year and have it in ginger red and ginger auburn. This mascara does not flake and is easily buildable to create a natural look or a dramatic look. I use the ginger auburn color when I want my eyelashes to be darker, mostly for evening looks. The ginger red color is perfect for me because it matches my natural hair color and looks subtle but makes my lashes well-defined.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I know heavy, dark eye makeup is extremely fashionable right now, as well as false eyelashes, but for everyday wear, professionalism, etc., a natural-looking, polished look is most comfortable for me. I'll never forget my delight, almost 20 years ago, when I received a Just For Redheads catalog in my mail. The first thing I bought was a mascara, and, to this day I have yet to find mascaras that are as flattering.

I do wear black mascara, but mostly during cooler weather, or for nighttime wear. Most of the time, though, day or night, auburn mascaras are, by far, the most flattering. Honestly, and I'm not kidding, I feel I look much younger with redhead mascara; probably because warm tones are so flattering for my skin. Even brown mascara lacks the vibrance of auburn, and the auburn mascara deeply enhances green in my eyes. Mascara Mystique is JFR's newest mascara, and it's wonderful. Often the color "auburn" is interpreted with violet undertones, but, thankfully, JFR's auburn is a dark copper-bronze brown. It beautifies lashes just like black mascaras, but the shade and tone make a huge difference. I definitely look more energetic with auburn mascara.

This mascara goes on very wet, and it takes a minute or two to set. I keep a Q-tip ready to wipe any smudges from blinking, or lack of coordination. When this stuff sets, it's not going anywhere until it's removed. It lengthens beautifully, adds volume, and HOLDS CURL! You'd think with naturally curly hair my eyelashes could do something...but they stick out straight, and they're lighter than my hair, and short. Mascara Mystique makes them curled, and very defined, which is the look I love. The color blends with my coloring so I get an all-over enhanced look without any glaring makeup. This keeps lashes soft and it doesn't flake, smudge, or cause racoon eyes.

I use eye makeup remover to get it all off at night. It's not a water-"proof+ formula, but it's definitely highly water resistant. My DHC Cleansing Oil isn't even a match for this. A dual-phase remover works best. If you have red hair and you feel like black/brown mascara takes away from your look, you have got to try some of Just For Redheads mascaras. There are several formulas and a wide range of colors, Especially if you want your eyes to look brighter, and younger, you may find redhead mascara does the trick.