Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer - All

2.7

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I bought FUCHSIA FEVER 300 because I was looking for that colour and it was on sale for 5$ now I know why it was on sale. This is the single worst polish I have ever bought. I goes on sheer and semi-matte. I had to apply 4 layers for it to even resemble the color in the bottle on my nails. I have purchased better polish from the dollar store. After all the layers I put on it still has a weird semi-matte finish. I suppose the formulators are men and they've never tried their own products. Would not recommend it.

I have the shade An Old Flame, and it is the best. It applies very smoothly, and lasts for a very long time even without a topcoat. It is kind of hard to get off your cuticles and the areas surrounding your nails but I don't mind that, as long as it stays on my nails.

I have to say that I am surprised by all the negative reviews because the line of Color Show nail polishes is one of my favourites. Granted, I do find the polishes a little hard to apply (not a fan of the brush), I think everything else about them is great. The colours are vibrant and I can go several days without chips, which is awesome considering what my job is! I especially love their sparkly ones, they apply well (evenly distributed) and their denim blue one gets me loads of compliments!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I was looking for a polish that wouldn't chip, so I did some research and found this product. Product states chip free which I found out to be false. The next day after my first application I notice that the polish started to come off at the tip of my nails. I reread the instruction and found out that I miss the apply base color before applying color. Therefore I redid my nail and the same thing happened, polish started to come of the very next day.

Product is has a very thin coat which means you have to apply many coats before it start to looks full. It dries very quick which would be great, if I didn't have to apply that many coats. Color appears to be very streaky and doesn't have that flawless polish look after its dried.

color: pink shock 200 and over-jeweled 111

purchase at Wal-Mart for $2.50 ea

Good price but doesn't live up to what's advertised

I have a few of these polishes in a range of colours, both light and dark. The price is great, the packaging is pleasing and the colours go on true to what you see in the bottle.

BUT

The brush is awful. I know, this is a cheap polish. And you get what you pay for. But I won't be buying this stuff again as I find the brush makes painting my nails - especially with darker colours - too much of a chore to be worth it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wow, this is a bad polish. I am not by any means a nail polish expert, but I was surprised at how bad this formula is. I bought the color "Neutral Statement" which is a very pretty, creamy colored nude. But the formula is extremely streaky; it doesn't apply evenly at all. It also dries very quickly, which I would ordinarily love, but with this polish I had to keep trying to smooth out the streaks. It set up before I could get them all out, so I had to choose between streaks or a gloppy, clumpy sort of finish. I applied two coats on bare nails. The second coat was even more difficult to get even than the first one was. The polish also chipped nearly immediately! Like, less than 4 hours later, there were large chips on two different nails. Awful. Would absolutely not repurchase.

I have only tried one color (Chiffon Chic) which is a pretty pink. The reason why I am writing a review is that I noticed after about the third day it hadn't chipped at all which is very rare for me. I did use a Maybelline combo base/top coat I had. No matter what expensive polish I have used in the past I ALWAYS see some chipping by day 2. As far as the comments about having to put on a few coats and it being streaky and so on.. there is some truth to that. Just saying, anything that doesn't chip quickly is A-OK with me.

I bought this in Wine Shimmer which looked amazing in the bottle - dark red with nice sparkle. However when applied it turned into the most sheer, transparent neon pink(?!) color. Wish I could attach a picture here. It goes on smoothly and dries quickly but I would need at least 3 coatings in order to get the coverage wanted. I actually happen to like this pink color but it was so not what I was going for. Really disappointed since it's named Color Show, made me think that for the low price (~4 euros) at least the color would live up to the expectations.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

oh nice! easy to dry, nice color (mine is 015 nude color) stay for weeks! i love this! worth the price!!!! im going to get some more ,xo! btw the brush applicator is just so so, not v good

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquers in 2 shades: Gilded Rose & Metal Icon; the second one is one of their limited edition ones. Gilded Rose is exactly what it sounds likeā€”gold & a pink shade. I saw a straight gold shade & was confused, but it's because there's a whole lot of glitter & the pink color is from big pieces of glitter. Metal Icon, of course, looks how it sounds: gray or gunmetal in color with glitter.

The easy-flow brush is actually nice & it does put it on smoothly. I only need a coat or two of Gilded Rose & what I like about the polish & the brush is its ability to spread around the nail & distribute both color & glitter nice & even without any dragging or hassle. There are 48 shades altogether & I'll definitely check out more!