February 1, 2015 | 1521 users online

Polishes - Maybelline - Color Show - All

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2015 10:21:00 PM More reviews by LittleShopOfHorrors

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is terrible.
I mean, the colors are pretty, but the quality of the nailpolish isn't great. It doesn't go on smooth, it never really dries hard, it lasted me about a half an hour (Honestly) without a base coat, and not to mention it has a very weird, very BAD smell. (It kind of smelled a bit like marijuana)
I will NOT be purchasing this product again.
(The shades I got were Blue Bombshell 335, And Tenacious Teal 330 [which didn't have the bad smell])

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2015 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Yasminxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have 3 of these, 2 of the bleached neon ones and one of the regular ones.
They are HORRIBLE.
I do not recommend you buy these, they are impossible to apply smoothly, they go on very bumpy and take ages to dry.
I feel I need to apply more than one coat to make it opaque and that of course just adds to the bumpiness and the time it takes to dry.
In Australia they often sell for $5-6+ and it's just not worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by SmokeySings

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I got this in Canary Cool because I wanted a nice pastel yellow, almost beige nail color. The color is very pretty, it is the exact color I had been looking for but the application is horrible and the brush is absolutely terrible. Try as I might, I could not get an even application. No matter how may layers I put on or what tricks or whatever i tried, it was uneven and just looked BAD......(Silly me I bought a couple more when they were BOGO, thinking maybe it was just that shade, and they were equally as bad..)....It is a shame because they do have some very pretty colors, but the formula is awful....Would not recommend!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2014 8:48:00 AM More reviews by localholyp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Terrible. Watery, streaky, TAKES EFFING FOREVER TO DRY. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO WAIT AN HOUR FOR A G/D LAYER OF NAIL POLISH TO DRY. comes off SUPER gooey and sticky, what a nightmare!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2014 1:50:00 AM More reviews by ShailjaVashisht

A perfect shade for every occasion be it festivals, weddings, formal meetings, parties or events. <3 You can easily co-ordinate it with your attire and never feel out-of-place. Check out the price and other details at: http://www.brideeveryday.com/maybelline-color-show-nail-polish-keep-up-the-flame-215-shade-swatch-review

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by honestopinions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Better than average rating in my opinion. I tried 'purple gem' and 'plum paradise' - possibly not available in the U.S /other countries. I am from the UK and could not find reviews online for these.
Plum paradise which, strangely, appears much darker in real life than on the Superdrug site, is a dark purple with a bit of nice shimmer. I already have rimmel in 'pompous' which is a slightly glittery dark purple and it's a similar colour. I don't feel it is anything unique or special. However, I Am impressed with the brush - it is quite wide and the formula glides on better than any polish I remember and I've tried quite a few lately (revlon, essie - thinner brush, collection - chunkier brush, covergirl-thinner, nails Inc which was also pretty good).

I prefer 'purple gem' . Again this has micro shimmer which is barely visible in some lights. It is a pinky purple, but you need 3 coats to get it to show up purple. First coat is a sheer see through mid toned pink which you can't get away with. Again, nice brush.

It is similar to Barry m bright purple, of which there appear to be more pictures of on blogs (that doesn't have shimmer and I find the formula a bit thin but nice colour). Also similar to fashionista lacquer 'in love' although I find this to be the best quality of the 3, both the polish and the brush (wide-ish but not as much as the maybelline). This is a bit more red toned and only needs one or 2 coats and is really shiny.

I would like to try more colours (I would not buy the same shades again). They have a nice range of colours esp for someone like me who likes purple.
I think the font on the bottle looks a bit young/cheap. The lid felt cheap. The brush felt quality. Nice micro shimmer. Not as colour intense as I would like, but many nail polishes do require 2 coats min. They have the offer buy one get one half price on them at the moment so it is v. Good value although they're not expensive in the first place.
They're 8ml.I never really considered the quantity until recently as I haven't finished a nail polish but it's worth comparing this with the price. More expensive ones - revlon and essie contain more ml, although I'm not sure I need more ml.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by alexasz11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Horrible, horrible nail polish. The glitter ones initially look pretty but started chipping after one day. The regular nail color was so terrible. It went on disgusting and clumpy and not smooth at all. Worst nail polish I've ever used. Wet n' Wild ones are so much better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 7:54:00 AM More reviews by missmelodya

i've got several maybelline color show polishes, 2 glitter polishes ("knitted gold" from brocades collection and "white splatter" from their graffiti collection) and the quality of the glitter polishes is much higher than i expected for the price. they are very easy to use and look fantastic as glittery top coats on already polished fingers. unexpectedly good glitter polishes.

however, my favorite polish from the entire line, "cool touch" (a muted pale grey creme with a slight blue base [which is beautiful on porcelain skinned folks]) is difficult to work with. the shade is very pretty but the formula is thin and streaky, watery and chalky. i will continue to use "cool touch" on my toes as it really is beautiful once you achieve desired coverage and i did find it dried pretty quickly in between coats if applied thinly. saying that, after 4 coats, this did take quite some time to dry/cure fully. i've had "cool touch" on my toes for 8 days now and have not had any chipping yet, not sure how it performs on fingernails though.

the brushes in this polish line are decent quality for the price point, and permit a level of accuracy that many other drugstore polish brands do not. comparing the brush to other drugstore lines, it isn't a long thin brush like in revlon polishes but it's also not a large fan type like sally hansens salon manicure line brushes.

tl:dr version: glitter polishes from this line are awesome, creme polishes from this line very thin requiring many coats, decent brush, low cost, "cool touch" is a great shade for porcelain skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2014 5:24:00 AM More reviews by vintjus

I kinda shocked by all these bad reviews. This nail polish really cheap and not bad at all. I bought two, sweet sunshine (cute and bright yellow) and wine and dine (burgundy-ish color). I'm not a fan of the "wine and dine" cos I don't really like the color. It turns dark brown in indoor light. But, the sweet sunshine, LOVE. Love the color, love the consistency, I don't think its too watery. I only applied two coat and each coat dries fast. So I kinda confused as well if you guys says it took a while to get it dry. Really. I don't have any problem tho. So I would buy this again, the go go green looks fresh and cute, I'll buy that one later.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2014 5:49:00 PM More reviews by maybom

I agree with the reviews that said this polish is too watery and streaky. I tried the colors Porcelaine Party and Coral Crush. The Porcelaine Party was a complete waste of time. Waaay to streaky and thin. I had to build it up to 4 coats and by then it was all thick and gooey and STILL streaky. The Coral Crush wasn't much better. I had to use 3 coats but still didn't get even coverage.

It's unfortunate because there are some lovely colors but the formula is too thin and just plain rubbish. Won't purchase again.