July 29, 2014 | 2043 users online

Polishes - Maybelline - Color Show - All

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by sabelita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

The color I got was canary cool, which doesn't seem right - more like sand I would say. So far I only tried it on 2 nails. It will be pain enough to take it off two, rather than prolong the work and frustration. Streakiest thing I ever tried, with the possible exception of a Clinique color that cost 3-4 times as much and lasted a day or less.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by tswope57

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased Coral Crush 190 in the Color Show line. Color was very pretty for summer but will not purchase again because it was streaky. I did not use a base and that might make a difference.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by kendellnicole01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the variety of colors, but unfortunately it doesn't last but maybe 3 days.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by cpickard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, this really sucked. I bought "Pretty in Peach" because the colour was exactly what I was looking for and it was on sale for $2.99. Couldn't get it even with either two thick or two thin coats so all the nails had thick clumps and thin areas. Also, the colour began to chip within two days. The first time I applied two coats with no base or top coat. The second time I used an opi base coat first. Didn't help.

I would give it zero lippies if possible, although I did receive compliments on the colour.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by monica3210

I bought two shades, a metallic and a "cracking" shade. I'm not sure what the lines are specifically called. The metallic shade was horrible. the color was pretty but I had to use A LOT of coats to make the color opaque (it was a blue shade, not super light or dark). I probably had 5 or more coats and with this amount it took too long to dry. I don't think I have ever sat still enough for this to completely dry, I always end up smudging it even with a quick dry top coat. The cracking polish was better since you put it over a different polish color so it doesn't matter if the formula is thin. The bad thing with this though is that you MUST apply a thin coat (don't get too much polish on your brush). If you apply too much the cracked effect won't show up and you'll just have a plain color.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Clxer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Dont waste your time with this. Cheap but really not worth it! The formulation is just so bad theres nothing you can do to make this polish better to be honest.

I just opened the bottle so its new, but the formula was thick and so heavy. It applied gunky and tacky and this is just the first application! I expected at least decent quality from maybelline but this is no better off than those 2 dollar polishes you get in those tubs they sell at watsons or Sasa.
It doesnt dry hard either ladies. You know what im talking about.
Thats just formula alone, may i add that the brush sucks too.

My advice, fork out a few dollars more for something better like essie.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by mikiesmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this polish! For the price, I'm very impressed with the amount of glitter and sparkle it has. The brush is nice which makes the application of the polish even. I purchased Punk Rock Pink because I wanted a glitter polish and I didn't want to pay a lot for a bottle of glitter. I used it on top of a pastel pink color and it really looks nice. I will definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by AthenaNYC23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm so in love with these polishes! I don't understand why the ratings here are so low.

I currently own 4 of these (288, 317, 349, 311) and I'm definitely gonna go out to get me some more in the future. Definitely some of the best drugstore polishes I've tried.

The color selection is fantastic. The colors are so fashionable and on trend right now, I found the exact shades I was looking for in summer polishes.
All the polishes I own are a creamy/non-shimmery formula, which I love. I'm not really that into shimmery/glittery nail polish. I also find the packaging very sleek and pretty.

They go on very smooth, some are more opaque than others, but even the least opaque ones are good with 2 coats. Not thick at all but not too runny/watery either. I love the applicator, it's not too wide or too thin. What I also love about these, is that the amount of product you get is just enough. I'm not a big fan of 15ml polish bottles since I never use all of it up and I end up throwing it away because it goes bad/thickens. I like to chop and change so a 7ml bottle is just right.

But what I adore about these is that they are quite long-lasting! I'm using a cheap a** topcoat at the moment, which basically does nothing when layered over other polishes I've worn, and my manicure held strong for 3 days+ even though I use my hands for a lot of stuff, showered etc. Imagine what will happen when my Seche Vite arrives next week!

Also on the plus side, they are quite shiny on their own as well.

I just love them, I'm really happy I ignored some bad reviews I read on MUA and picked them up, 'cause frankly I don't wanna use any other nail polish brand/ range right now.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I own quite a few of these and they are all misses. The formula is just bad and nothing can save it. It's a shame because they have some really awesome colors that I love. The formula is very chippy and doesn't like to apply evenly.

This reminds me of a very very cheap polish. I really wish they would redo this line because they have some colors like Drops of Jade that I LOVE. I just cannot deal with the chipping after one day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by cawhitern

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it!!!
I'm working my way through the Nudes and just tried Crushed Clementine. The nudes are my favorite so far but I really love all that I've tried. These polishes are long-wearing, resist chipping and go on easily. The price is so right and the bottles are decent sized. There are so many trendy colors to try and at this price it's easy to try several without hurting your pocketbook. The brush is kind of skinny but long so no problems there. A couple of coats and you're done. I'm very impressed with this line and plan on picking up a few more. So long OPI!