August 27, 2014 | 1896 users online

Polishes - Maybelline - Color Show - All

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2014 5:49:00 PM More reviews by maybom

I agree with the reviews that said this polish is too watery and streaky. I tried the colors Porcelaine Party and Coral Crush. The Porcelaine Party was a complete waste of time. Waaay to streaky and thin. I had to build it up to 4 coats and by then it was all thick and gooey and STILL streaky. The Coral Crush wasn't much better. I had to use 3 coats but still didn't get even coverage.

It's unfortunate because there are some lovely colors but the formula is too thin and just plain rubbish. Won't purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by TinyT288

I keep wondering if I got a bad bottle of this crap.... the polish goes on shiny but then when it starts to dry it became a bit matte....it's like the weirdest nail polish I have ever used....it doesn't streak like what other reviewers have posted but the polish is just so weird that it dries and it's matte.... I wish I can return this because I bought two of them!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by shannsnow

I was browsing my local drugstore, looking at the makeup. I came across these nail polishes whilst looking at Maybelline, because I use their mascara and eyeliner.

At the time I had actually been looking for a few new polishes, as I was on holiday. And when I noticed these polishes sitting with the makeup, I was excited! Because firstly, I found the colours really pretty and funky, and secondly, they were so cheap! I couldn't believe the price; so naturally I grabbed 6 bottles (yes, I do buy a lot at a time) and went to the cashier and bought them. Overall, it was pricey, but I thought to myself.

"I got 6 bottles for the price of one OPI nail polish!"

So I wasn't too bothered by it.

But walking to the car, I began to worry that I had made a mistake. I had this nagging feeling in my gut that they were crappy, and that I had wasted my money.

So anyway, later on when I was at home, I tried them, (2 polishes) to see what they were like. I used a light blue one and the lavender shade, on top of one layer of clear bottom coat. As I was applying the blue shade, I noticed that the formula was extremely watery, so this made it a messy process of just covering one of my small nails. Albeit, I thought that maybe that meant that the formula would dry quickly. So, after I had managed to get a relatively good amount of polish on my nail, spread evenly to the best of my ability. I waited.

And waited, and waited.

I left it for a good 10 minutes (in a well ventilated area) for it to dry fully.

So I looked at it, and I thought that it looked fine! It wasn't that bad, except for the fact that it had taken a while to dry. But before I painted my other nails, I tentatively felt the polish on my nail (I did this because I was evaluating the product). Oh! I was so upset, the nail polish wasn't even dry! And on top of that, it STUCK to my finger, and pulled the product off of my nail and made it lumpy.

I knew then and there, that I had made a huge mistake in buying these polishes, and I wanted to facepalm myself because I had bought SIX different colours.

But, before I had a hissy fit in my room, I decided I would give the other colours a try.

WORST THING I COULD HAVE DONE!

They rubbed off on everything! My clothes, my bed sheets, (my skin too) and it was just horrible to clean up.

Overall, I do not mind maybelline as a company, but this is a TERRIBLE product, (in my honest opinion) so please, do not buy it!

Currently, I still have yet to decide what I am going to do with the bottles.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by sabelita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

The color I got was canary cool, which doesn't seem right - more like sand I would say. So far I only tried it on 2 nails. It will be pain enough to take it off two, rather than prolong the work and frustration. Streakiest thing I ever tried, with the possible exception of a Clinique color that cost 3-4 times as much and lasted a day or less.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by tswope57

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased Coral Crush 190 in the Color Show line. Color was very pretty for summer but will not purchase again because it was streaky. I did not use a base and that might make a difference.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by kendellnicole01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the variety of colors, but unfortunately it doesn't last but maybe 3 days.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by cpickard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, this really sucked. I bought "Pretty in Peach" because the colour was exactly what I was looking for and it was on sale for $2.99. Couldn't get it even with either two thick or two thin coats so all the nails had thick clumps and thin areas. Also, the colour began to chip within two days. The first time I applied two coats with no base or top coat. The second time I used an opi base coat first. Didn't help.

I would give it zero lippies if possible, although I did receive compliments on the colour.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by monica3210

I bought two shades, a metallic and a "cracking" shade. I'm not sure what the lines are specifically called. The metallic shade was horrible. the color was pretty but I had to use A LOT of coats to make the color opaque (it was a blue shade, not super light or dark). I probably had 5 or more coats and with this amount it took too long to dry. I don't think I have ever sat still enough for this to completely dry, I always end up smudging it even with a quick dry top coat. The cracking polish was better since you put it over a different polish color so it doesn't matter if the formula is thin. The bad thing with this though is that you MUST apply a thin coat (don't get too much polish on your brush). If you apply too much the cracked effect won't show up and you'll just have a plain color.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Clxer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Dont waste your time with this. Cheap but really not worth it! The formulation is just so bad theres nothing you can do to make this polish better to be honest.

I just opened the bottle so its new, but the formula was thick and so heavy. It applied gunky and tacky and this is just the first application! I expected at least decent quality from maybelline but this is no better off than those 2 dollar polishes you get in those tubs they sell at watsons or Sasa.
It doesnt dry hard either ladies. You know what im talking about.
Thats just formula alone, may i add that the brush sucks too.

My advice, fork out a few dollars more for something better like essie.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by mikiesmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this polish! For the price, I'm very impressed with the amount of glitter and sparkle it has. The brush is nice which makes the application of the polish even. I purchased Punk Rock Pink because I wanted a glitter polish and I didn't want to pay a lot for a bottle of glitter. I used it on top of a pastel pink color and it really looks nice. I will definitely buy it again.