Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer - All

2.7

on 5/16/2015 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

oh nice! easy to dry, nice color (mine is 015 nude color) stay for weeks! i love this! worth the price!!!! im going to get some more ,xo! btw the brush applicator is just so so, not v good

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquers in 2 shades: Gilded Rose & Metal Icon, which is one of the limited edition colors. Gilded Rose is exactly what it sounds like—gold & a shade of pink. I saw a straight up gold shade when I first looked at it, but it's because there is lots of gold glitter & the pinky color is from the bigger pieces of glitter. Metal Icon is a gray or a gunmetal color with normal glitter.

The easy-flow brush is actually nice & it does put it on smoothly. I only need a coat or two of Gilded Rose & what I like about the polish & the brush is its ability to spread around the nail & distribute both the nail color & the glitter evenly without any drag & struggle. There are 48 shades altogether & I'll definitely check out more!

on 4/20/2015 10:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

These are pretty average. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging or the brush. The shade range is usually pretty good though, & I have a few of these that I absolutely LOVE just because of the unique color. I usually get these at discount stores like Grocery Outlet, Big Lots, or the Dollar Tree, so I can't really comment on the original price.

Overall, I can think of several other brands I would choose over this one, for both packaging, ease of use (brush), & quality, but I still can't seem to stop buying these when I see them at the Dollar Tree!

on 4/8/2015 11:01:00 PM

I have this in wine&dine the formula is really thin watery and sheer, my complain is that it simply takes too many coats ....takes around 4 coats! Wouldn't repurchase because I just don't have that kind of patience.

on 4/6/2015 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love that maybelline provides so many different colors. It took me like half an hour to choose mine. I have it in tenacious teal. It is pretty and the brush is easy to use. I did not have to use my top coat polish because the color really popped! It wasn't hard to wipe it out. My only problem is that it took some time to dry. But overall these polishes are amazing.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought three on sale and at first found that they chipped right off. But, add some good base coat and top coat (Revlon!) and bam! The gorgeous colours actually last! The consistency and opacity of these nail polishes is great with two coats :) Would definitely buy again if I'm looking for trendy colours to try out.

on 2/25/2015 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought a bunch of these recently at Ulta when they were having a bogo sale. I am incredibly disappointed with these polishes...with one exception. I love the color rose gold. It's a fine glitter that make a great overlay on a nude nail. Every single other color I have tried, from the lightest to the darkest is absolutely awful. The color is streaky and patchy going on. I either need to put on about 5 thin coats to make the color look decent, or I have to slop it on super thick and risk it drying chunky and weird (which is always does). It makes my nails look like a five year old painted them for me. The formula is so terrible. I really have not used a polish this bad since trying the Sally's 99 cent minis. I wanted to like them because the colors are pretty, but each time I tried a different color, I was taking it off before it was even dry. I much prefer using sinful colors if I'm trying to save money on nail polish.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This product is terrible.
I mean, the colors are pretty, but the quality of the nailpolish isn't great. It doesn't go on smooth, it never really dries hard, it lasted me about a half an hour (Honestly) without a base coat, and not to mention it has a very weird, very BAD smell. (It kind of smelled a bit like marijuana)
I will NOT be purchasing this product again.
(The shades I got were Blue Bombshell 335, And Tenacious Teal 330 [which didn't have the bad smell])

on 1/16/2015 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have 3 of these, 2 of the bleached neon ones and one of the regular ones.
They are HORRIBLE.
I do not recommend you buy these, they are impossible to apply smoothly, they go on very bumpy and take ages to dry.
I feel I need to apply more than one coat to make it opaque and that of course just adds to the bumpiness and the time it takes to dry.
In Australia they often sell for $5-6+ and it's just not worth it.

on 11/13/2014 3:25:00 PM

I got this in Canary Cool because I wanted a nice pastel yellow, almost beige nail color. The color is very pretty, it is the exact color I had been looking for but the application is horrible and the brush is absolutely terrible. Try as I might, I could not get an even application. No matter how may layers I put on or what tricks or whatever i tried, it was uneven and just looked BAD......(Silly me I bought a couple more when they were BOGO, thinking maybe it was just that shade, and they were equally as bad..)....It is a shame because they do have some very pretty colors, but the formula is awful....Would not recommend!!