October 2, 2014 | 1629 users online

Polishes - Maybelline - Color Show - All

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by honestopinions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Better than average rating in my opinion. I tried 'purple gem' and 'plum paradise' - possibly not available in the U.S /other countries. I am from the UK and could not find reviews online for these.
Plum paradise which, strangely, appears much darker in real life than on the Superdrug site, is a dark purple with a bit of nice shimmer. I already have rimmel in 'pompous' which is a slightly glittery dark purple and it's a similar colour. I don't feel it is anything unique or special. However, I Am impressed with the brush - it is quite wide and the formula glides on better than any polish I remember and I've tried quite a few lately (revlon, essie - thinner brush, collection - chunkier brush, covergirl-thinner, nails Inc which was also pretty good).

I prefer 'purple gem' . Again this has micro shimmer which is barely visible in some lights. It is a pinky purple, but you need 3 coats to get it to show up purple. First coat is a sheer see through mid toned pink which you can't get away with. Again, nice brush.

It is similar to Barry m bright purple, of which there appear to be more pictures of on blogs (that doesn't have shimmer and I find the formula a bit thin but nice colour). Also similar to fashionista lacquer 'in love' although I find this to be the best quality of the 3, both the polish and the brush (wide-ish but not as much as the maybelline). This is a bit more red toned and only needs one or 2 coats and is really shiny.

I would like to try more colours (I would not buy the same shades again). They have a nice range of colours esp for someone like me who likes purple.
I think the font on the bottle looks a bit young/cheap. The lid felt cheap. The brush felt quality. Nice micro shimmer. Not as colour intense as I would like, but many nail polishes do require 2 coats min. They have the offer buy one get one half price on them at the moment so it is v. Good value although they're not expensive in the first place.
They're 8ml.I never really considered the quantity until recently as I haven't finished a nail polish but it's worth comparing this with the price. More expensive ones - revlon and essie contain more ml, although I'm not sure I need more ml.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by alexasz11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Horrible, horrible nail polish. The glitter ones initially look pretty but started chipping after one day. The regular nail color was so terrible. It went on disgusting and clumpy and not smooth at all. Worst nail polish I've ever used. Wet n' Wild ones are so much better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 7:54:00 AM More reviews by missmelodya

i've got several maybelline color show polishes, 2 glitter polishes ("knitted gold" from brocades collection and "white splatter" from their graffiti collection) and the quality of the glitter polishes is much higher than i expected for the price. they are very easy to use and look fantastic as glittery top coats on already polished fingers. unexpectedly good glitter polishes.

however, my favorite polish from the entire line, "cool touch" (a muted pale grey creme with a slight blue base [which is beautiful on porcelain skinned folks]) is difficult to work with. the shade is very pretty but the formula is thin and streaky, watery and chalky. i will continue to use "cool touch" on my toes as it really is beautiful once you achieve desired coverage and i did find it dried pretty quickly in between coats if applied thinly. saying that, after 4 coats, this did take quite some time to dry/cure fully. i've had "cool touch" on my toes for 8 days now and have not had any chipping yet, not sure how it performs on fingernails though.

the brushes in this polish line are decent quality for the price point, and permit a level of accuracy that many other drugstore polish brands do not. comparing the brush to other drugstore lines, it isn't a long thin brush like in revlon polishes but it's also not a large fan type like sally hansens salon manicure line brushes.

tl:dr version: glitter polishes from this line are awesome, creme polishes from this line very thin requiring many coats, decent brush, low cost, "cool touch" is a great shade for porcelain skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2014 5:24:00 AM More reviews by vintjus

I kinda shocked by all these bad reviews. This nail polish really cheap and not bad at all. I bought two, sweet sunshine (cute and bright yellow) and wine and dine (burgundy-ish color). I'm not a fan of the "wine and dine" cos I don't really like the color. It turns dark brown in indoor light. But, the sweet sunshine, LOVE. Love the color, love the consistency, I don't think its too watery. I only applied two coat and each coat dries fast. So I kinda confused as well if you guys says it took a while to get it dry. Really. I don't have any problem tho. So I would buy this again, the go go green looks fresh and cute, I'll buy that one later.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2014 5:49:00 PM More reviews by maybom

I agree with the reviews that said this polish is too watery and streaky. I tried the colors Porcelaine Party and Coral Crush. The Porcelaine Party was a complete waste of time. Waaay to streaky and thin. I had to build it up to 4 coats and by then it was all thick and gooey and STILL streaky. The Coral Crush wasn't much better. I had to use 3 coats but still didn't get even coverage.

It's unfortunate because there are some lovely colors but the formula is too thin and just plain rubbish. Won't purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by TinyT288

I keep wondering if I got a bad bottle of this crap.... the polish goes on shiny but then when it starts to dry it became a bit matte....it's like the weirdest nail polish I have ever used....it doesn't streak like what other reviewers have posted but the polish is just so weird that it dries and it's matte.... I wish I can return this because I bought two of them!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by shannsnow

I was browsing my local drugstore, looking at the makeup. I came across these nail polishes whilst looking at Maybelline, because I use their mascara and eyeliner.

At the time I had actually been looking for a few new polishes, as I was on holiday. And when I noticed these polishes sitting with the makeup, I was excited! Because firstly, I found the colours really pretty and funky, and secondly, they were so cheap! I couldn't believe the price; so naturally I grabbed 6 bottles (yes, I do buy a lot at a time) and went to the cashier and bought them. Overall, it was pricey, but I thought to myself.

"I got 6 bottles for the price of one OPI nail polish!"

So I wasn't too bothered by it.

But walking to the car, I began to worry that I had made a mistake. I had this nagging feeling in my gut that they were crappy, and that I had wasted my money.

So anyway, later on when I was at home, I tried them, (2 polishes) to see what they were like. I used a light blue one and the lavender shade, on top of one layer of clear bottom coat. As I was applying the blue shade, I noticed that the formula was extremely watery, so this made it a messy process of just covering one of my small nails. Albeit, I thought that maybe that meant that the formula would dry quickly. So, after I had managed to get a relatively good amount of polish on my nail, spread evenly to the best of my ability. I waited.

And waited, and waited.

I left it for a good 10 minutes (in a well ventilated area) for it to dry fully.

So I looked at it, and I thought that it looked fine! It wasn't that bad, except for the fact that it had taken a while to dry. But before I painted my other nails, I tentatively felt the polish on my nail (I did this because I was evaluating the product). Oh! I was so upset, the nail polish wasn't even dry! And on top of that, it STUCK to my finger, and pulled the product off of my nail and made it lumpy.

I knew then and there, that I had made a huge mistake in buying these polishes, and I wanted to facepalm myself because I had bought SIX different colours.

But, before I had a hissy fit in my room, I decided I would give the other colours a try.

WORST THING I COULD HAVE DONE!

They rubbed off on everything! My clothes, my bed sheets, (my skin too) and it was just horrible to clean up.

Overall, I do not mind maybelline as a company, but this is a TERRIBLE product, (in my honest opinion) so please, do not buy it!

Currently, I still have yet to decide what I am going to do with the bottles.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by sabelita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

The color I got was canary cool, which doesn't seem right - more like sand I would say. So far I only tried it on 2 nails. It will be pain enough to take it off two, rather than prolong the work and frustration. Streakiest thing I ever tried, with the possible exception of a Clinique color that cost 3-4 times as much and lasted a day or less.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by tswope57

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased Coral Crush 190 in the Color Show line. Color was very pretty for summer but will not purchase again because it was streaky. I did not use a base and that might make a difference.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by kendellnicole01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the variety of colors, but unfortunately it doesn't last but maybe 3 days.