Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer - All

2.7

on 7/27/2015 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I was looking for a polish that wouldn't chip, so I did some research and found this product. Product states chip free which I found out to be false. The next day after my first application I notice that the polish started to come off at the tip of my nails. I reread the instruction and found out that I miss the apply base color before applying color. Therefore I redid my nail and the same thing happened, polish started to come of the very next day.

Product is has a very thin coat which means you have to apply many coats before it start to looks full. It dries very quick which would be great, if I didn't have to apply that many coats. Color appears to be very streaky and doesn't have that flawless polish look after its dried.

color: pink shock 200 and over-jeweled 111

purchase at Wal-Mart for $2.50 ea

Good price but doesn't live up to what's advertised

I have a few of these polishes in a range of colours, both light and dark. The price is great, the packaging is pleasing and the colours go on true to what you see in the bottle.

BUT

The brush is awful. I know, this is a cheap polish. And you get what you pay for. But I won't be buying this stuff again as I find the brush makes painting my nails - especially with darker colours - too much of a chore to be worth it.

on 6/28/2015 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wow, this is a bad polish. I am not by any means a nail polish expert, but I was surprised at how bad this formula is. I bought the color "Neutral Statement" which is a very pretty, creamy colored nude. But the formula is extremely streaky; it doesn't apply evenly at all. It also dries very quickly, which I would ordinarily love, but with this polish I had to keep trying to smooth out the streaks. It set up before I could get them all out, so I had to choose between streaks or a gloppy, clumpy sort of finish. I applied two coats on bare nails. The second coat was even more difficult to get even than the first one was. The polish also chipped nearly immediately! Like, less than 4 hours later, there were large chips on two different nails. Awful. Would absolutely not repurchase.

on 6/25/2015 11:12:00 AM

I have only tried one color (Chiffon Chic) which is a pretty pink. The reason why I am writing a review is that I noticed after about the third day it hadn't chipped at all which is very rare for me. I did use a Maybelline combo base/top coat I had. No matter what expensive polish I have used in the past I ALWAYS see some chipping by day 2. As far as the comments about having to put on a few coats and it being streaky and so on.. there is some truth to that. Just saying, anything that doesn't chip quickly is A-OK with me.

on 6/21/2015 11:57:00 AM

I bought this in Wine Shimmer which looked amazing in the bottle - dark red with nice sparkle. However when applied it turned into the most sheer, transparent neon pink(?!) color. Wish I could attach a picture here. It goes on smoothly and dries quickly but I would need at least 3 coatings in order to get the coverage wanted. I actually happen to like this pink color but it was so not what I was going for. Really disappointed since it's named Color Show, made me think that for the low price (~4 euros) at least the color would live up to the expectations.

on 5/16/2015 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

oh nice! easy to dry, nice color (mine is 015 nude color) stay for weeks! i love this! worth the price!!!! im going to get some more ,xo! btw the brush applicator is just so so, not v good

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquers in 2 shades: Gilded Rose & Metal Icon, which is one of the limited edition colors. Gilded Rose is exactly what it sounds like—gold & a shade of pink. I saw a straight up gold shade when I first looked at it, but it's because there is lots of gold glitter & the pinky color is from the bigger pieces of glitter. Metal Icon is a gray or a gunmetal color with normal glitter.

The easy-flow brush is actually nice & it does put it on smoothly. I only need a coat or two of Gilded Rose & what I like about the polish & the brush is its ability to spread around the nail & distribute both the nail color & the glitter evenly without any drag & struggle. There are 48 shades altogether & I'll definitely check out more!

on 4/20/2015 10:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

These are pretty average. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging or the brush. The shade range is usually pretty good though, & I have a few of these that I absolutely LOVE just because of the unique color. I usually get these at discount stores like Grocery Outlet, Big Lots, or the Dollar Tree, so I can't really comment on the original price.

Overall, I can think of several other brands I would choose over this one, for both packaging, ease of use (brush), & quality, but I still can't seem to stop buying these when I see them at the Dollar Tree!

on 4/8/2015 11:01:00 PM

I have this in wine&dine the formula is really thin watery and sheer, my complain is that it simply takes too many coats ....takes around 4 coats! Wouldn't repurchase because I just don't have that kind of patience.

on 4/6/2015 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I love that maybelline provides so many different colors. It took me like half an hour to choose mine. I have it in tenacious teal. It is pretty and the brush is easy to use. I did not have to use my top coat polish because the color really popped! It wasn't hard to wipe it out. My only problem is that it took some time to dry. But overall these polishes are amazing.

Popular Polishes