April 16, 2014 | 819 users online

Polishes - Maybelline - Color Show - All

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by catglass

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this nail polish because I wanted a coral nail polish and a pale pink nail polish (I got it in Coral Crush and Born With It), and I have a lot of Maybelline products that I like, and this one is cheaper than Essie, so I decided I'd give it a try. The colors are beautiful and it dry fast. That's probably the only good thing about it. It chipped right after it dried. It chips so fast! I've had it on for 3 days and it's almost all the way off! Also, it's very thin so I have to do lots of coats to make it a solid color and not sheer. Probably won't be buying again. But I like the bottle! It looks pretty professional to me. I dropped it once and it didn't shatter, so that's good. Next time I think I'll try a gel polish.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Chanel96

I was looking foward to trying this nail polish out. I bought the foul flash color show. When applied it dryed quickly and to get the 'foil flash' colour i put on three coats to get it opaque. Looking at the end result i wondered why this had bad reviews. The a couple of hours later the polish started to chip it could be with simpliest off things, washing hair, brushing hair or even when bathing. I thought it may off me just been heavy handed but it wasnt. I kept applying every time it chipped but it would still chip.
I like to use all my polish and still wear it even if it isnt so good so when i was nearing to the bottom off the polish i noticed it turned gloopy. I added nail polish remover (no acetone) to it and it actually made the product better!! I could wear the polish without it chipping so easy mayne 2-3 days. It still dried well and i got more off the product.
I bought it knowing maybelline was a good brand and expected alot from them, but i was dissapointed. For the price two for 4 i shouldnt off expected alot, but still it is a good colour:)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by MilenaBR

I'm surprised to see such mediocre rates for this polish. I have just tried it for the first time today, I've bought the shade "Purple Splash" and I have to say I LOVE it!!!
I find the pigmentation outstanding, it was almost a one-coater for me, but I use at least two, always. The consistency is very thin, but I find it very easy to apply, not runny, as some have stated and it also dries very quickly. I loved the brush: wide, but not as wide as in Wet N Wild Megalast. To be perfect, IMO, it just had to be a little rounded, which it isn't.
I always use top coat (Seche Vite), but I think it had a beautiful glossy finish even without it.
All in all, a beautiful product!
I haven't tested the longevity yet, and I haven't tried other shades, but so far , and for this shade, this is a 5 star polish for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2014 2:22:00 AM More reviews by meechewelle

I bought this polish on a whim because of it's cheap price tag, and a 30% off flash sale that happened on Luxola.com.
I have the shade in 015 Nude Skin.

Price:
SGD$6.90

The colour:
A neutral skin-tone colour. Definitely too dark on me to be a nude shade, but still pretty nevertheless.

The brush:
A nice, slightly shorter and thicker brush - I find this perfect for application.
Comparison of the brush against the Essie brush :

The size / amount of product:
According to the website I bought the nail polish from, a bottle contains 6ml. An Essie polish contains 13.5ml for comparison.
Personally, I love that it's lesser product because I have never used up a full bottle of nail polish before.
Comparison of the Maybelline bottle against the Essie bottle :

The formula:
It's opaque for it's thin consistency. However, it's definitely not as opaque as let's say, and Essie polish.
I do like it's thin formula as it allows me to get really thin coats.
Dries to a relatively glossy finish, but can definitely use a top coat.
It also dries quickly compared to my other polishes.

Lasting power:
This is the first time I've painted this on my fingernails so I'll check back and edit this review later on.
For now, my experience has been that without a top coat, it seems quite easy to chip. I've applied this on my toenails before and it did chip quite easily with a topcoat.

VERDICT:
For the price, I'd say it's pretty okay.
If you're looking for something that'll last, then I suggest to look somewhere else.
Personally, I'm planning to buy more because I like to change up my polishes quite frequently, and I also love the small bottle and the range of colours.
I do wish that the packaging was a little cuter like Essie's tho! Hahaha.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by viktoriawing

Hoping that this would be a decent dupe, even though I paid only $4. However, I was sorely disappointed - the polish is ridiculously runny and this makes it terrible to apply. It goes streaky and horrible on my nails, and takes forever to dry, especially because you need about three coats. I was able to fix this by refrigerating it, as this thickened it up, but the product itself is still bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Kateaf12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bought the colour iced queen, which is a lovely pastel lavender purple and blue freeze, a dark navy with shimmer. The consistency is a bit runny so you have to make sure there isn't too much on the brush. When i first tested it out with one coat it was almost opaque and with one more it was. It dries very fast and is easy to use. Overall I'm very satisfied with these nail varnishes.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2014 5:23:00 AM More reviews by happinessinpink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this nail polish today and I actually went and read some reviews after I'd bought it, and I'd read plenty of positive ones and a few negative and so I went and tried it out for myself. I bought the colours Fierce N Tangy and Chiffon Chic though I've only used the first one and unfortunately I have to agree with the negative reviews. It's really thin and liquidy and I've applied three coats to get it looking alright but from my second coat, the previous coats came off a little bit as I applied the newer coats (this only happened at the base of my nails though). Because I've only bought it today I can't say how long this will last, but I am going to keep it on to find out because it does look decent enough but not as good as other brands I've used. The colours are really gorgeous though I'll give them that!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by teatimes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've just bought "Keep Up the Flame" (on sale!) and it's amazing! 2 coats, very vibrant, glossy, red. Easy application and removal! It came off easily with remover and didn't stain my fingers like most red nail polished do. Love it! Excited to try the other colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by innese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I own at least six of these and they are fantastic, very high quality. Their consistency is on the thin side, so no gloopy mess that takes forever to dry, they actually dry very fast. They're not the most pigmented but the pigmentation is good, I never need more than two coats. The brush is quite thin, flexible and easy to use, although it often doesn't pick up enough color. But the main reason I love these so much is that they just last and last until you WANT to remove them. The formula is flexible and thin so they stick well to the nail's surface and move around with it instead of cracking and chipping. I can go 4-5 days without any chipping and another two with slight, tolerable chipping. These do a better job than some much pricier products.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by ostamos

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased Orange Fix and I Loved it. I was a total Essie and Opi gal before that but that color looked great against olive skin especially during the summer with my golden tan. It lasted as long as Essie or Opi. My nails split and peel and polish will chip in those places after a week or so no matter what polish I use. So now what I have been doing is going to Essie or Opi and if I see something I like I will go to Maybelline and Sally Hansen and see If I can find a similar one and I usually do. I have purchased this three times already and I hope they keep making it.