Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder

3.9

TALC,NYLON-12,OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE,KAOLIN,ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE,DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER,ZINC PCA,METHYLPARABEN,PARFUM (FRAGRANCE),TOCOPHERYL ACETATE,ZINC STEARATE,AQUA (WATER),BUTYLENE GLYCOL,PROPYLPARABEN,DIOSPYROS KAKI FRUIT EXTRACT,CITRUS JUNOS FRUIT EXTRACT,[+/- (MAY CONTAIN) :CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES),CI 77019 (MICA),CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES),CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE)]11BMT001-1A

on 2/27/2015 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Underrated powder ever! This is super amazing in setting my makeup (even concealer and blemish areas) for a whole day!

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

It is finely milled and does not look like you are wearing a powder at all. The shade 52 (the lightest) matches my skin very well. It really looks and wears like an high end product.

Initially I was afraid that it will look too dark on my skin (I have fair skin), but it is perfect. This powder is very yellow.
I like this powder even more than my YSL Poudre Compacte Radiance. The shade is somewhat better on the skin.

I prefer fragrance free makeup and unfortunately it has fragrance in it. For those who are interested the scent is actually nice, not too strong once applied.
The packaging is awful, red plastic that looks cheap. I like that it does not have a place for the brush or sponge. Therefore it is light and compact to carry around.

on 1/25/2015 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have really been enjoying this product for my everyday makeup routine. It has everything I look for in a powder. Sets makeup well (check), has a natural finish, so it doesn't look cakey (check), most importantly it has light coverage (check). I use this just to set Foundation/concealer. Also the powder is very silky feeling, so it glides on your skin very nicely. For days that I do not wear liquid foundation, and just liquid concealer, after applying my BareMinerals Blemish Remedy Acne-Clearing Foundation (do not have bad acne, this just looks so good and natural on the skin, and without SPF unlike the original veil) I still apply this bourjois powder to set the makeup in the center of my face, just to ensure it lasts longer. Definitely will be purchasing it in several other colors. As for pricing aspect, it's hard to say as different retailers sell it for different prices, I purchased mine off Amazon for around 16-17 dollars which to me is between drug store and high end. In the UK I am aware Bourjois is considered high-street, which I am guessing is just above drugstore. But in Canada in shoppers this is around 25$ So the price change s higher, but the quality of most of the products I have tried from the brands are very worth it.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

So in love with this pressed powder and especially for the price! The only downfall I can see with this product is its colour range (mainly targeted at fair to tan/Mediterranean skin) but at the same time if you only use a little it comes off as more translucent. It gives the skin a smooth, velvet finish as well as setting your makeup for the day. It has almost next to no coverage but just perfects the base.

The compact itself is light and very sleek so you can take it any where but just remember to bring your brush! Also, I would highly recommend using a brush with this product rather than a sponge because it just gives a more even application and you use less product that way.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a good powder if all that you're looking for is a basic powder. It blends easily, seals your foundation well, and keeps the oil at bay effectively. However, something about the *finish* of this powder is keeping me from repurchasing it. The product does not sit on top of your skin, so you won't have to worry about that. However, it doesn't make your skin look *nicer*, you know? With this powder on, I feel that I looked better with just foundation. Overall, a simple, basic, run of the mill powder.

on 9/24/2014 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really did enjoy this powder! I have combination skin and do tend to get very shiny around the t-zones and this powder does prevent shine! I would say I had to apply after seven hours which is very impressive! It also smells very nice!

on 9/11/2014 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

super nice coverage but broke me out so bad! i had to throw it out. i thought it was just because my diet was messed up but when i checked cosdna.com, the ingredients where horribly acne-causing!!! all red big bumps everywhere on my face that i now find hard to get rid off. that's why i always check makeup ingredients now after this incident.

on 9/2/2014 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder is an EXCELLENT product. I've been on a hunt for a powder that will keep me matte throughout the day, and this is it. I started off using the Bourjois Healthy Gel Serum and it's become by HG foundation. I was using my Mac Studio Fix Powder on top of it, but unfortunately, it didn't work well with it as it would cause my face to become oily pretty quickly. I then picked up the Bourjois Powder in the darkest shade (#55) and it is seriously the best! Great coverage, keeps me matte -- albeit, not for 16 hours like it claims... maybe more like 8 hours, and does not break me out, which is the most important factor for me. The packaging is very sleek, and a little product goes a long way. Side note: I heard that Bourjois is owned by Chanel, so you know you're getting top quality.

Hypoallergenic formula
Non comedogenic
Dermatologically tested

on 7/19/2014 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this powder. Lovely smell, long-lasting coverage. I've switched from my (much more expensive) Clarins powder. Nice slim compact but you do need to use your own brush. A definite re-purchase.

on 4/16/2014 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This powder is my most favorite, cherished powder ever, and possibly my favorite product at the moment, too. The entire line of Bourjois healthy mix products are really great.
This powder, like the concealer and foundation, smells REALLY good! That's one reason why I enjoy it so much, it doesn't smell like that classic makeup-chemical smell.
My skin tends to get quite oily throughout the day, especially if I'm wearing makeup, no matter the season. This powder has been the only one that has kept me looking fairly matte and shine-free, and even better, I feel matte as well. This product wouldn't be worth it if it kept my skin matte but made me feel gross. The product also claims to mattify for ten hours. On a normal day for me, from the time I put on my makeup, the powder lasts up until I head home for the day, and that's nearly ten hours, so it does last pretty long, and I haven't had any major breakouts.
I don't use it to seriously cover blemishes, and I don't believe it has the power to do that. I think it's meant to be for light coverage. I kind of rely on concealer to do that, and for the most part, my acne isn't serious. So I don't use apply a heavy amount. But the compressed powder, along with using a kabuki brush, really makes a smoothing effect on skin and in indoor lighting, my skin looks nearly perfect.
This powder is quite expensive, (in Canada) regular price $24. Luckily this product is sold where I work so I get it for $16-17, another reason why this product is awesome for me. Another slight problem is that you don't get very much of it, the pan is quite small, and the packaging is kind of lame for a $24 powder. Its a simple container with a mirror inside. Since I don't use so much of it at once, I'm hoping it'll last a while. The Bourjois products aren't at the very top for price, but definitely not at the bottom either.
I definitely recommend this product and I will be buying it again :)

Recommended for Normal Skin