July 25, 2014 | 1908 users online

Pressed Powders - Bourjois - Healthy Balance Unifying Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 7:01:00 AM More reviews by sorcha7420

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this powder. Lovely smell, long-lasting coverage. I've switched from my (much more expensive) Clarins powder. Nice slim compact but you do need to use your own brush. A definite re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by jorani2194

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder is my most favorite, cherished powder ever, and possibly my favorite product at the moment, too. The entire line of Bourjois healthy mix products are really great.
This powder, like the concealer and foundation, smells REALLY good! That's one reason why I enjoy it so much, it doesn't smell like that classic makeup-chemical smell.
My skin tends to get quite oily throughout the day, especially if I'm wearing makeup, no matter the season. This powder has been the only one that has kept me looking fairly matte and shine-free, and even better, I feel matte as well. This product wouldn't be worth it if it kept my skin matte but made me feel gross. The product also claims to mattify for ten hours. On a normal day for me, from the time I put on my makeup, the powder lasts up until I head home for the day, and that's nearly ten hours, so it does last pretty long, and I haven't had any major breakouts.
I don't use it to seriously cover blemishes, and I don't believe it has the power to do that. I think it's meant to be for light coverage. I kind of rely on concealer to do that, and for the most part, my acne isn't serious. So I don't use apply a heavy amount. But the compressed powder, along with using a kabuki brush, really makes a smoothing effect on skin and in indoor lighting, my skin looks nearly perfect.
This powder is quite expensive, (in Canada) regular price $24. Luckily this product is sold where I work so I get it for $16-17, another reason why this product is awesome for me. Another slight problem is that you don't get very much of it, the pan is quite small, and the packaging is kind of lame for a $24 powder. Its a simple container with a mirror inside. Since I don't use so much of it at once, I'm hoping it'll last a while. The Bourjois products aren't at the very top for price, but definitely not at the bottom either.
I definitely recommend this product and I will be buying it again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Mulan1

This powder doesn't really cover blemishes, but it does leave my face feeling smooth and gives me a natural look, not cakey or too powdery. It has a nice fragrance to it and blends nicely. The downfall is the packaging. It doesn't come with a puff and even if you were to purchase one on your own, it wouldn't fit in the compact. They should really change this cheap packaging. Other then that, I like it and will probably continue to purchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 7:47:00 AM More reviews by Kateaf12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of my favourite settings powders. The packaging is slim, so easy to take with you. The powder itself is silky and feels finely milled. It's good to apply throughout the day to mattify your face as it applies no colour. Overall a must have in my purse.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 6:48:00 AM More reviews by SoniaStrawberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Really great powder,has a fruity smell just like the foundations and concealer,i have all of it in the shade 52 vanilla. Keeps make up on my face for a pretty good amount of time,i have to touch up a bit if i wear it all day because i tend to get little oily.
Love the slim and compact packaging.
I would def buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by XOhoney

I have tried so many setting powders and have never found anything to compare to this one. It lasts forever in the pan, staying power on my face is amazing when added to my 24 hour foundation (revlon colorstay whipped) nothing beats this mix for me. High high coverage and keeps my bronzer and blush true to tone all day. Smells amazing too. Will repurchase for a long long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by lattevaniglia

I bought this at a Galerie Lafayette in France after somehow losing my Palladio blotting papers in a London nightclub (ah, the life!). I'll admit to knowing next to nothing about Bourjois, just that the "ultra fine and melting texture" of this powder sounded great and the "Asian fruit therapy" part was appealing. No. 55 Beige foncé was my chosen shade.

Within the first week of using it, I couldn't decide whether or not I liked this product. On one hand, it blended perfectly with my skin tone, covered up my blemishes, and most importantly, had a nice mattifying effect that lasted for hours (touch-ups were hardly necessary even though my face gets oily pretty quickly and it was a particularly hot summer in France). On the other hand, little bumps had begun appearing all over my face! They weren't pimples, just pores that had been clogged. I kept on using the powder anyway, because what choice did I have -- I'd already spent 11 euro on it! Anyway, my skin got used to it soon enough and the cons simply melted away (pardon the pun) and now I can say it's my HG powder. I use a kabuki brush with it; the texture is silky and it does melt on your skin, which makes it fantastic at absorbing oil AND setting makeup -- again, minimal touch-ups needed. The fruity smell reminds me of a Garnier hairspray I used to own in high school, and makes me feel fresh whenever I put it on.

Now, about the packaging. I backpacked through Europe with this sans problem, but once I got back to my busy university life (read: bag full of books) this somehow got jostled around and the powder just *cracked*, meaning dusty mirror and coughing up all over the place every time I opened the compact. I don't know why it happened then when I'd been through worse with it! Anyway, a few weeks later it fell out of my bag and the compact itself broke, spilling most of the contents on the washroom floor. For something so good and expensive, you'd hope it would last long -- and it would have, if not for the packaging!

So, while it is THE perfect face powder for me, I have to complain about the packaging and the price. Fortunately it's also available here in Canada, although at a staggering price (CDN$27 -- gasp!) It's going on my Christmas wishlist for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 8:14:00 AM More reviews by copperfire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The most amazing compact powder ever. I use it in 56 - Hale Claire and it suits my skin tone perfectly, its hard to find such a perfect match. Sometimes I use it over my foundation or BB Cream, sometimes on its own. It keeps my face matte for my 8-9 hour work day. I also used it when I was on holiday in Budapest in the Summer (40 degrees celcius) and my face looked so fresh in the pictures, even at the end of the day. I think it does last the 10 hours that it claims. I also love the cute red packaging. Its also quite sturdy considering that I dropped the powder from chest height and the packaging did not break. I already have a backup but will definitely repurchase when I run through that one.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by bunnylove07

Just like the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation (original) and the Healthy Mix Serum version, this powder provides a very fresh, fruity smell that I really enjoy. The smell goes away after application and doesn't linger, so for those concerned about the smell, there is nothing to worry about. I must admit, I really hate the packaging for this product. It is so flimsy and "cheap" feeling that I am almost turned off from re-purchasing this compact despite the finish that it provides. On my "bad" skin days I will use this powder as I feel it provides the coverage I am looking for to cover any redness in my skin. I am Asian with yellow under-tones and in MAC I am between NC25-30 and use shade #53 in Bourjois. The upside is that the packaging is extremely slim and therefore will fit into any make-up bag or handbag with ease. This product doesn't come with a powder puff so you will either have to pack one/ a brush in your make-up bag/handbag. I'm a tiny bit disappointed in this product considering the foundations in this range work so well for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by lipstickinpink

This product didn't break me out. It smells fruity like all their healthy mix products, which doesn't bother me at all. I love the fruity smell.

It's a good light coverage powder I love using it with bb cream and healthy mix foundation. the packaging is red and slim.