December 19, 2014 | 1286 users online

Pressed Powders - Bourjois - Healthy Balance Unifying Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by ILoveEyeshadows

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good powder if all that you're looking for is a basic powder. It blends easily, seals your foundation well, and keeps the oil at bay effectively. However, something about the *finish* of this powder is keeping me from repurchasing it. The product does not sit on top of your skin, so you won't have to worry about that. However, it doesn't make your skin look *nicer*, you know? With this powder on, I feel that I looked better with just foundation. Overall, a simple, basic, run of the mill powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by MichPaon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really did enjoy this powder! I have combination skin and do tend to get very shiny around the t-zones and this powder does prevent shine! I would say I had to apply after seven hours which is very impressive! It also smells very nice!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2014 4:16:00 AM More reviews by jndv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

super nice coverage but broke me out so bad! i had to throw it out. i thought it was just because my diet was messed up but when i checked cosdna.com, the ingredients where horribly acne-causing!!! all red big bumps everywhere on my face that i now find hard to get rid off. that's why i always check makeup ingredients now after this incident.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by franneh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder is an EXCELLENT product. I've been on a hunt for a powder that will keep me matte throughout the day, and this is it. I started off using the Bourjois Healthy Gel Serum and it's become by HG foundation. I was using my Mac Studio Fix Powder on top of it, but unfortunately, it didn't work well with it as it would cause my face to become oily pretty quickly. I then picked up the Bourjois Powder in the darkest shade (#55) and it is seriously the best! Great coverage, keeps me matte -- albeit, not for 16 hours like it claims... maybe more like 8 hours, and does not break me out, which is the most important factor for me. The packaging is very sleek, and a little product goes a long way. Side note: I heard that Bourjois is owned by Chanel, so you know you're getting top quality.

Hypoallergenic formula
Non comedogenic
Dermatologically tested

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 7:01:00 AM More reviews by sorcha7420

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this powder. Lovely smell, long-lasting coverage. I've switched from my (much more expensive) Clarins powder. Nice slim compact but you do need to use your own brush. A definite re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by jorani2194

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder is my most favorite, cherished powder ever, and possibly my favorite product at the moment, too. The entire line of Bourjois healthy mix products are really great.
This powder, like the concealer and foundation, smells REALLY good! That's one reason why I enjoy it so much, it doesn't smell like that classic makeup-chemical smell.
My skin tends to get quite oily throughout the day, especially if I'm wearing makeup, no matter the season. This powder has been the only one that has kept me looking fairly matte and shine-free, and even better, I feel matte as well. This product wouldn't be worth it if it kept my skin matte but made me feel gross. The product also claims to mattify for ten hours. On a normal day for me, from the time I put on my makeup, the powder lasts up until I head home for the day, and that's nearly ten hours, so it does last pretty long, and I haven't had any major breakouts.
I don't use it to seriously cover blemishes, and I don't believe it has the power to do that. I think it's meant to be for light coverage. I kind of rely on concealer to do that, and for the most part, my acne isn't serious. So I don't use apply a heavy amount. But the compressed powder, along with using a kabuki brush, really makes a smoothing effect on skin and in indoor lighting, my skin looks nearly perfect.
This powder is quite expensive, (in Canada) regular price $24. Luckily this product is sold where I work so I get it for $16-17, another reason why this product is awesome for me. Another slight problem is that you don't get very much of it, the pan is quite small, and the packaging is kind of lame for a $24 powder. Its a simple container with a mirror inside. Since I don't use so much of it at once, I'm hoping it'll last a while. The Bourjois products aren't at the very top for price, but definitely not at the bottom either.
I definitely recommend this product and I will be buying it again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Mulan1

This powder doesn't really cover blemishes, but it does leave my face feeling smooth and gives me a natural look, not cakey or too powdery. It has a nice fragrance to it and blends nicely. The downfall is the packaging. It doesn't come with a puff and even if you were to purchase one on your own, it wouldn't fit in the compact. They should really change this cheap packaging. Other then that, I like it and will probably continue to purchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 7:47:00 AM More reviews by Kateaf12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

One of my favourite settings powders. The packaging is slim, so easy to take with you. The powder itself is silky and feels finely milled. It's good to apply throughout the day to mattify your face as it applies no colour. Overall a must have in my purse.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 6:48:00 AM More reviews by SoniaStrawberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Really great powder,has a fruity smell just like the foundations and concealer,i have all of it in the shade 52 vanilla. Keeps make up on my face for a pretty good amount of time,i have to touch up a bit if i wear it all day because i tend to get little oily.
Love the slim and compact packaging.
I would def buy it again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by XOhoney

I have tried so many setting powders and have never found anything to compare to this one. It lasts forever in the pan, staying power on my face is amazing when added to my 24 hour foundation (revlon colorstay whipped) nothing beats this mix for me. High high coverage and keeps my bronzer and blush true to tone all day. Smells amazing too. Will repurchase for a long long time.