Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder

4.1

TALC,NYLON-12,OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE,KAOLIN,ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE,DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER,ZINC PCA,METHYLPARABEN,PARFUM (FRAGRANCE),TOCOPHERYL ACETATE,ZINC STEARATE,AQUA (WATER),BUTYLENE GLYCOL,PROPYLPARABEN,DIOSPYROS KAKI FRUIT EXTRACT,CITRUS JUNOS FRUIT EXTRACT,[+/- (MAY CONTAIN) :CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES),CI 77019 (MICA),CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES),CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE)]11BMT001-1A

Honestly one of the WORST products i have ever tried. I have combination oily/dry skin and i saw a few youtubers rave about this so i thought why not.... big mistake. This product broke me out like nothing ever before. I dont have acne prone or particularly sensitive skin but this product made my skin look like i had an actual acne break out. My pores were a mess and i had big painful spots all over my face, my skin had never looked so terrible. My oils seeped through within the first 2-3 hours and it really emphasized and clung to my dry patches. the only pro to this was that it was a perfect colour match for me, as i have olive/golden tones and can barely ever find a foundation that caters to that but other than that it was trash.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I've got oily & acne prone skin, & the only pure reason why I bought this pressed powder was just to keep my T-zones matte/foundation to stay on longer - it broke me out! I realized my skin reacted badly as I started to have tiny whiteheads appearing especially on my cheeks, & I already have mild acne. You can imagine how distressed I was!

I'll only recommend it to people who doesn't have oily & acne prone skin. I didn't see the "healthy glow" it so claims just literally "mattify" your makeup. I also realized it made my acne more obvious when my foundation I had on did a perfect job in terms of coverage. I noticed that it did made my face ghost like even after getting the darkest shade I could find at that moment - dark beige - as I have tan Asian skin.

In terms of packaging it did not come with any sort of brush, sponge etc but it did come with a mirror as its in the form of compact powder.

Overall 4/10 did not impress me one slight bit. I'm selling mine online & getting a new one!! What a waste of money :(

Just hit pan on this one to give a fair review!!! A solid 10. I had been a long-time user of mac mineralise skin finish and I gave a few drugstore powders a shot- from Maybelline to some organic brands, and this one just stands out. I guess the main point of a powder is to let foundation last without caking the face up- and this does the job. It is definitely a long lasting powder that prolonged my foundation wear, even longer than MSF, with a pretty finish.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I swear I love everything from Bourjois. They make the best makeup products ever. Really. I love the smell of this powder, it smells so fresh. It doesn't provide much coverage but is amazing in mattifying my very oily skin for a good 5-6 hours. The colour 53 is a good match for my skin. Will def repurchase ❤️

this is a great powder. it was slightly too light for my nc42 skin but i used it to set my under eye concealor and in the center of my face to help keep the oil in check.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This powder has a nice finish and nice scent, and the packaging is really cute and compact too! However, my skin is too oily and a layer of this is not enough to control my oils as it is too smooth(?)
Another thing is the shade limitations - maybe its just in my country but there's only four shades, and none of them matches me. In the end, i got the one slightly darker and use this powder when i'm using a slightly lighter foundation. It works but i cannot use it with other foundations or bb creams, which is a waste!
I would recommend to people, but its not something for me!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've used this powder for over a year now and honestly this is the best I've ever tried. I've already repurcased it 3 times and I will buy it again if I run out of it. It's a drugstore product though it's a little pricey, yet for me it is totally worth it. The packaging in cute and it has a mirror in it. The colour range is not big but since it only has a sheer coverage I don't think it's a huge problem (maybe for very deep skin tones, but as for my porcelain light skin, I could find the perfect, very pale, yellow colour, which is the lightest I could get.) I've got acne-prone, oily skin with a few dry patches and whiteheads all over my face. It did not break me out or cause me any more problems on my skin which is a huge miracle. This powder mattifyes my complexion for long hours (well, ut depends on the foundation and moisturizer I use as well). It has a sheer coverage but reduces the appearance of pores and redness nicely. It's not drying at all, I'd recommend this product for dry skin type as well, along with the Healthy Mix foundation Bourjois has in this line. This powder is suitable for probably all skin types for different benefits, has a quite fair price and has a very natural finish. And last but not least it smells very pleasantly, kind of fruity but not too strong which I love.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this is shade 52-Vanille.
This pressed powder comes in a nice, sleek compact, which is great to carry with you. It doesn't have it's own sponge applicator, I bought a set of Boots own brand ones - the really thin ones and they fit perfectly in the compact. Like that it can work for touch ups, unless you like to carry a retractable powder brush which would work just fine too.
I apply it to set my make up or on bare skin on minimal make up days with either the RT powder brush (to set make up) or the Bourjois kabuki brush (on bare skin).
Gives a nice matte effect that doesn't look caked on and it doesn't pile up in my fine lines on my forehead nor does it cling to the odd dry patch I may have. It's not drying nor irritating.
Has a subtle scent in the compact but I don't smell it on the skin after application.
I really love this and I have already repurchased (at my second one currently with another repurchase on the horizon as I'm running out of this soon).
I don't need to buy other matte finish powder, the price point is great for what it is. There's tons out there that cost even 4-5 times as much and do the same, so no point in buying something more expensive to achieve the same result.

Love this product. Keep my face look poreless and matte for over 8h. I just need to quickly touch up on forehead at lunch time. Actually, it can be a little bit dry for my chin and cheek but mist hydration as Sukin can help.
Package looks cheap and power is not really pressed. It can be a little bit messy if I use the kabuki brush to apply, but not a big deal to me.
I have spent times to find suitble powder for my combination skin. Even Physiscian Formula or Mac Blot Powder are not my best choices. This powder is quite nice, light and provide good coverage.

Not sure what rating to give to this, maybe a 4.5. I just wish it had a touch more coverage.

I use no liquids or creams, only powder over a generous application of sunscreen. So I have tried several inexpensive or midrange powders and use a few of them daily, on different parts of my face depending where I need more oil control or coverage.

I had been curious about Healthy Balance for a while and I finally pulled the trigger where I found it on my latest trip to Europe for about 10 CAD. no excuse not to try it.

It is slightly more mattifying than my beloved wnw Coverall but it has much less coverage. Smell in a powder is unusual for me and this has a strong smell, but by no means unpleasant. The compact is thin with no brush/sponge and a large mirror.

Will I repurchase? not sure. From what I've heard I expect Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless to be very similar to this. Same finish, same coverage. Maybe I will purchase that one instead to try it.

For now I use it on my nose area with some more pigmented powder on top for more coverage. On my forehead I need something more mattifying and with even less coverage.

Recommended for Normal Skin