Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Buffing Brush

4.9

on 4/8/2015 1:05:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I bought this brush awhile back and after trying to use it a few times set it aside. I just didn't have a good use for it. Too dense. But lately I've been using it for powder foundation. It works great for that. I was never a powder foundation girl. Always just preferred a liquid foundation. But lately I've been applying a very thin layer of liquid foundation and concealer and then using this brush to apply my Bare Minerals over it. The brush is soft and a pleasure to use. It buffs the powder into the skin quite nicely. The finish is very natural looking. Also if I have a blush that doesn't have the best pigmentation I'll use this brush and it really works to get the blush to show up better. It washes up nicely and have not noticed any shedding. Now one of my most used brushes.

on 4/7/2015 3:57:00 PM

I use this as an alternative to a flat top brush when applying foundation or blending out powders. The handle is comfortable enough to hold and I also like the look of the white. The brush itself is softer than the other "cheap" Sonia Kashuk brushes, and it is very dense. I use this brush with Maybelline Fit Me foundation and Revlon ColourStay. Both products go on seamlessly with this brush. They are more liquidy than other foundations so I think that is part of the reason this brush works.

Since this brush is so dense it can hold onto excess product. I have to wash it more often than other brushes because I don't want dried product from my last application going onto my fresh makeup.

on 9/20/2014 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't know why, but for some reason my pores are large and when I put on foundation, whether it be liquid or powder, my pores look huge and both types of makeup get trapped in pores and magnify them. I've never had this problem before so I am puzzled and upset that my makeup is not looking good.

I have only used this brush once, as I bought it yesterday, but this brush really seemed to buff the foundation into my pores and they were much less visible today. I used my magnifying side of the mirror while I applied liquid foundation (Becca Matte Skin Foundation) and then I used the same brush to apply Too Faced Cocoa Powder. As I said, my makeup looked better than it had in a week or so (when my pores mysteriously enlarged). I need to get a second brush, so I can have one for liquid and one for powder.

If anyone here has experience with their pores getting large, please advise me! I'm 48 and I have great skin usually. The pores on my forehead, chin and apples of my cheeks have gone haywire.

I can't imagine how good this brush works and makes makeup look when skin is not having a meltdown!

on 6/28/2014 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This brush is fantastic for applying powder foundation. It gives a smooth, buffed, natural finish with every powder I have used it with. It's very soft and comfortable on my face. I got this at Target for around $10. I want to buy a backup because I like it so much, but my Target is usually out of this one.

on 4/24/2014 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I think I bought it for like 9 bucks at target. Amazing brush. I love it for powder and liquid foundation. The brush is synthetic so doesn't hold onto much product which is amazing. It's very soft and blends beautifully and this is just proof to me that you don't need to spend a ton a brushes! I've given away so many of my higher end brushes because I end up using brushes like these just so much more often. I already bought a back up. Absolute favorite brush.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I FINALLY got a Target in my province and was so excited to go have a look at the Sonia Kashuk line I've been seeing all over the internet. I guess the rest of my province didn't get the memo about how amazing the brushes were because the shelves were stocked full of every brush I had my eye on (reading the reviews here they always seems to be sold out in other Targets)!!

My #1 brush to buy was the Synthetic Buffing Brush for blending out my foundation and it was everything I imagined it to be! I was using a flat top Crown brush for about a year now and it started to shed badly during daily use and washing. It was time to retire my Crown and get something else.

This brush blends out my foundation perfectly and gives me the most amazing "airbrushed" finish I've ever seen (and I even own an airbrush system, for comparison). I love the sleek white handle and how soft it feels on my skin during application! I wasn't sure how the rounded top would blend compared to a flat top but it really does the job! This brush doesn't soak up the liquid product like my flat top Crown brush does and is a breeze to clean! It cleans very easily with a little baby shampoo and water, and dries pretty quickly (I wash it in the evening and it's dry by morning so I can use it to apply my morning makeup). I've washed it a few times now and it hasn't shed a single hair and is keeping its shape pretty nicely. I think I paid something like $12-$15 and to me it was worth every single penny!

On my next trip to Target to get a few more brushes on my list, I am going to pick up an extra one of these to have on hand because I love this brush so much and I'm afraid word will get out about it and I'll never find it again. I highly recommend purchasing this brush!!

on 11/30/2013 11:54:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I had seen this on the Target site and then read reviews on here and decided to pop on over to Target to see if they had this in stock, luckily I got the last one and I was really looking forward to it.

I don't like using this for foundation. I just find it isn't dense enough to spread and blend my foundations. When I'm using a liquid foundation, I normally would use one pump, but with this I had to use two to get it spread everywhere, and with the cream foundations, I had to use more. Also it's a bit larger than what I like to use for foundation.

Don't get me wrong though, this is a very nice brush. Extremely soft, and while I didn't find it dense enough to spread my foundation, it is nicely dense. It doesn't soak up the product you're applying like some brushes will do. I love using this to press on setting powder, which is what I'll be using it for from now on, and sticking to using the Sonia Kashuk flat-top synthetic brush, or the Real Techniques expert face brush or whatever it's called for applying foundation.

on 11/28/2013 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this at Target in Canada and the price was around 12-13 dollars. I'm going to keep this review simple and say GET THIS BRUSH. It is an amazing brush that blends in foundation, cream, liquids flawlessly! I don't know how I was able to live without it prior. I dab foundation on my face and blend it in with this baby. It's also great for buffing out liquid concealer as well! I've had this for over a year and a half and still work great! it also haven't shed on me once!

on 11/17/2013 6:35:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This brush is amazing!! For the $12-13 it is an incredible deal and looks and performs like a high end brush. It is literally the softest brush I've ever owned and it is incredibly dense. It buffs in foundations flawlessly and with ease. Before finding this brush my favorite was the Real Techniques Expert Face brush but that brush is much smaller and not as soft and I now realized a lot more work to blend product in with. You cannot go wrong with this buffing brush for foundation! It is the best foundation brush I've ever used.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this brush that I have three in rotation and plan to buy one more or two. I've used them for months now. The brush head is perfectly round and slightly tapers on the edges to help buff any cream or powder product you use. I personally only use it with Urban Decay Naked foundation which what the whole reason for this purchase. I thought the UD Blurring brush was way too expensive for the size. I happen to go to Target on the same day and was so impressed with this brush. It is slightly bigger than the UD one but that's a plus for me because I found the UD one to be quiet small and better as a blush brush. It doesn't absorb my foundation, it cleans easily and dries really quickly (overnight is good.) It's so soft and yet dense and thick enough to buff foundation on. This is one of the best Sonia Kashuk brushes ever and I highly recommend it if you can find it.

Popular Makeup Brushes