Yankee Candles Black Cherry

3.5

on 1/15/2015 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my all time favorite candle from Yankee. It smells up my whole house and I have a pretty big house. To me it smells like springtime, I guess because the first time I bought one, it was in March when the weather was starting to warm up. I absolutely adore this scent, it lifts my spirits!

on 3/18/2013 3:51:00 AM

i have black cherry in the tart. i love the smell although abit expensive i had the tarts free with my purchase of the yankee glass burner

on 1/30/2013 1:32:00 AM

Yankee Candles are crap. Cheap, wax based product that smell like a gas station bathroom. They don't burn cleanly and don't last long. You will end up repainting your ceiling if you use them often.

Spend a little more and buy a nice soy based candle like Voluspa. Sure, it costs more but the scents are clean and luxurious.

on 1/16/2013 10:51:00 PM

I bought the tart version of this and it doesn't really smell like black cherry to me at all. It smells like fake fruity soap. Normally, I love Yankee Candle foody scents but this one was a disappointment.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This was my first ever purchase from Yankee Candle. I love the scent since I smelled it. The price made me really to think and re-think but it was on sale so I decided to buy this scent. I love it. The scent is so good and the throw is pleasant, I also like that it doesn't smell fake; it smells fruity and makes me want to eat the candle because it smells amazing I will definitely repurchase this for sure. I'm in love with it!!!!

on 12/3/2012 1:22:00 PM

"The absolutely delicious sweetness of rich, ripe black cherries" - like yankee candle describes this candle, it smells of juicy, ripe cherries. cherry smells beautiful, so does this candle. it's lovely.

on 8/25/2012 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Black Cherry has a rich, syrupy scent like cherries, but not in an artificial way like Sweet Strawberry. It's quite strong but not overpowering - personally I think that it's a pleasant scent but definitely not a favourite.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i'm not a massive cherry person; so why did i buy this? i was given it as a gift!
Black Cherry does resemble cherries, but with a syrupy berriness to it. it's very very sweet, but not in a soothing or relaxing way, more like an obvious, cloying sweetness. this also isn't a fresh scent at all and is a little bit sickly for me personally but that's a matter of taste.
i have the medium jar which gave off a good throw, and i love the colour of the candle, because my room is red!
don't buy this if you light candles to relax and unwind, because this is a very demanding scent.
the reason i'm removing 1 lipstick, is because i think this is a bit too sticky and syrupy for a black cherry scent.

Popular Candles