October 1, 2014 | 1223 users online

Polishes - OPI - Fly

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

OPI Fly is a GORGEOUS medium-teal creme polish (leans more green than blue) with no shimmer or glitter. This color has so much brightness and "pop", one of those shades that makes you keep looking at your nails.
To me this is a darker, more saturated version of Butter London's Slapper (one of my all-time favorites), definitely not a dupe but if you like Slapper you will LOVE Fly.
As always with OPI, no problems with application or wear. Opaque in two coats. Four lippies instead of five because it stained my nails a bit. But still, the color is very sexy and fun- one of OPI's best!
Would absolutely repurchase- LOVE!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by withlovemelanie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For the price of this polish, like any OPI nail lacquer, i had very high expectations. And this polish definitely met them! I love the formula of this and it dries very quickly too. The formula is liquidy, but still creamy, and 2 coats is perfect. This polish lasted me about 6 days with no chips with the China Glaze top and base coat - that's amazing for me because nail polish usually lasts 2 days for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Cecee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this polish!!! I only reviewed one other polish from the Nikki Minaj collection (Did it on 'em...lime green), and this is the only one that has a decent formula. The color is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. It's a beautiful teal color and is just so fun! It's more blue than green, although I agree the picture above looks more blue than the polish really is. So pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This color is a beautiful turquoise creme--no glimmer or shimmers. I don't think the picture posted is very accurate; the polish has more green to it. Like most OPI polishes, the formula is wonderful; it applies smoothly without streaking and dries very quickly. Two coats are enough to make it solidly opaque. It's actually my new favorite color for pedicures--it is soooo bright and cheery! I rarely get chipping with OPI on my toes--only if I really bump something with them--and I change my toenail polish about every week. My only complaint is that I think OPI polishes are ridiculously expensive, but at the same time, you get what you pay for, so I'll pay it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by designermom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The color of this polish is gorgeous, the finish is even better. It's a blend of a cream and a jelly, and it is perfection. I wish I had many other colors with this same formula. Having said that, the mess it leaves on your finger nails and skin when you remove it is not so good. It stains, and badly. I use non-acetone remover and it would not take it off my skin. I had to brush with dish washing liquid for several minutes to get it off. If you use pure acetone, it might come right off, but I don't, so I had to work a little harder. All in all, I think it's worth it. It is a beautiful polish, though not for the faint of heart, its bright and vibrant. Perfect for Spring and Summer!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by MalaanB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OPI makes some great collections. When the Nicki Minaj one came out I was pretty excited. Unfortunately, they only one I fell in love with way "Fly". It's close to tiffany blue but with a little more edge. I get a lot of compliments on the color and I find myself staring at my nails quite often when I wear it. That girl is just a super hero of cosmetics!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by fkl201041

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have so many nail polish and decided to skip it when it first came out even it really caught my eyes. However, as a sucker for teal and after seeing it running out in stores I finally decided to get it anyway. I'm glad I did because I'm in love with this color, and it surprisingly compliments my tan asian skintone :) (and it goes well with my new teal/pink scarf)

It applies like a dream and in one coat it's a bit like a crelly. with two coats it gives you a magnificent shinny creme finish.

The only down side of this polish, which is like other opi greens/blues i own is that it really can stain nails badly without a good base coat. (my regular base coat is essie first base, it dries fast and grips polish nicely but doesn't do well in preventing stained nails. I'd use esprique base coat, which is a thicker base, on polish like this to avoid stains.) Using Propylene Carbonate removers instead of Acetone would help minimizing stainings too.

Oh... and as this kind of color is so difficult to capture with camera, you really can't just look at the swatches online. You gotta see it in person, and you'll know why it is something you can't miss.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 3:02:00 AM More reviews by KeishaTas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this colour! I'm a big fan of blues and greens, and this has to be my favourite. The staying power is fantastic- much better than most of my OPI polishes.
I spent ages looking for this and finally found it at Duty Free- 2 for $25 along with Big Apple Red. FYI for you US readers, OPI is $19.95 per bottle in Aus, so 2 for $25 is quite a bargain!
Looks great both with and without a tan, and is neither too green nor too blue.
My only criticism is that it stains nails quite badly if you don't use a base coat. Other than that, I love love love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by prettykitty80

So so so in love with this colour!! A deep, beautiful turquoisey tealy puddle of awesome, sigh. I had a little tip wear by day five, so decided to do a gradient over it with Ate Berries in the Canaries, which turned purple over this, pure magic. I'm not much of a one for Nicki Minaj, but this colour is to die for.
Pretty sure it's going to stain, but it's been my experience that deep greens and blues always do, so that's not the polish's fault.
People hae been grabbing my hands squealing "Oooh, your nails!" all week :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

In general, OPI polishes are very nice quality, the brush is okay and the formula is great.
This polish specifically-
the color is great! it's a creme, which is my favorite finish.
It's bright, and strangely enough, different than all other polishes I own.
The only downside is that it can sometimes stain, but I wear polish 99.9% of the time so this isn't a problem for me.