August 22, 2014 | 2003 users online

Polishes - Orly - Snowcone

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by chrism15

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love blue polishes for toes and this is one of my favorites. A really pretty shade that covers well. To me it looks a lot better on my nails than in the bottle. I use two coats but you could probably get away with one. Unlike some other reviewers, I haven't had any trouble with chipping or wearing. I've had this polish on my toes for over a week now and it looks like I just painted them. Of course it's winter so I've been wearing shoes most of the time, but I have been in a hot tub several times. I like to use Qtica Natural Nail Growth Stimulator as a base coat, but Sally Hansen hard as nails clear works well for me too. For a top coat I use Orly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I really want to give this a 4 because the color is so pretty and the application is so easy. I mean how many polishes do you really find that have complete opacity in one coat? Like none! This one does. I want to give it a million lippies just because of that...oh and it is a beautiful blue color. I just can't bring myself to give it the 4 lippies though because I painted my fingernails at night and went swimming...I was in the pool for less than an hour and this stuff just chipped off. It also didn't last very long on my toes. I had chips and scratches after a few days of wearing it.

The color is gorgeous and it looks awesome on my skin. I'm going to try to wear these colors with different base coats and such. I will hopefully find a way to get it to last longer because I am so in love with the color. I will just try to remember it is not a long lasting polish and I should not wear it anywhere important....like a date or a wedding. This was my first time with an Orly polish so I don't know if this is typical performance or exceptional. I probably won't buy anymore of their polishes, unless I fall in love with an unusual color.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by morningbender

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Maybe I got a bad bottle, but this is super thick and the brush is uneven, so it makes a jagged edge. Also, it chipped after not even a full day. I use Orly bonder base coat and Seche Vite top coat, so usually polishes last several days. Not happy at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Samanthaiam

Beautiful sky blue. Opaque in one coat but I always use two. I've had it for a while so I have to shake it quite often to remix the color but luckily nail polish never actually goes bad. This is the perfect color to stamp some white clouds over. It dries quickly and two a nice shiny finish, and it lasts a good 5 days with a good base and top coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Kanne0729

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Snowcone is from Orly's 2010 Sweet Collection. It is a beautiful cornflower blue creme that applied beautifully and was perfectly opaque at just two coats. I used three coats, but that's just because I always do, and I really could have gotten away with two. This is such a sweet color and perfect for Spring or Winter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

a beautiful periwinkle blue that flatters my mmm w/ yellow undertones skintone!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by annawixom

I really love this polish. The color is the perfect shade of blue. It doesnt look tacky or cheap like a lot of blue polishs tend to look (at least on me). Application was a dream. It is very creamy and perfectly thick so application was smooth and streak free. I only needed one coat. I cant say how the longevity of this color wears because I change my polish constantly and have never worn this color longer than 3 days. It has not chipped on me in that time frame though. I would def. recommend this to everyone. I would say its in my top 10 summer polishs.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by mandiesmanicures

There is something different about the formula in this polish compared to other Orly colors. For some reason, this color chips on me very easily. Other than that, the color is beautiful and perfect for the winter with a layer of glitter over.