April 24, 2014 | 1384 users online

Polishes - Quo - Quo by Orly Nail Polish - Twinkle Twinkle

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by boss_lady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the Quo by Orly line of nail polish and treatments. I am currently wearing "Bubble Bath," an opaque white with silver glitter pieces. The nail polish is one of the longest-lasting I've ever purchased at the drugstore, and resists chips better than OPI. The bottle designs is great due to Orly's rubberized handle brushes: gives you great control for DIY mani/pedis. Oh, and the cuticle softener/remover is great as well. I hope Shoppers Drug Mart always carries this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by WILLTRYANYTHING

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just purchased my first bottle of Quo nail polish in Twinkle Twinkle. I have been wearing nail polish for years and within the last few years my nails have become rather dry. As a result, my manicure chips easily and I haven't found a product that gives me a week's worth of coverage without having to fix it mid week. Quo is amazing and it is my new "go to" polish and I will be buying other colours now!
The shine may not last the week, but my main concern is the longevity of colour without chips and that's what Quo gives me.
Try it!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

What it Claims:
"A fast drying, long lasting, high gloss nail polish."

Claims: True or False?
1) Fast drying: True
2) Long lasting: Mostly true.
3) High gloss: False.

Packaging:
The polish has a long black rubberized handle, which feels very comfortable in one's hands and makes opening a breeze. A large Q is stamped on the top of the lid. The bottle itself is a clear glass that is slightly rounded on all four sides, and the brush is on the slimmer side; wider than Essie but definitely slimmer than OPI. I've never used Orly polishes, so I cannot compare the brushes. One nit-picky thing to note with the brushes (does not affect my application/use) is that not all of the brushes are cut evenly. Check the bottles beforehand if this will bother you.

Consistency:
My 4th polish from this line, I will say I'm a bit disappointed in this formula. It applies fairly evenly in colour, going on opaque in just two coats, but definitely shows brush strokes. I had a few nails that showed the flaw far more than the others, so part of it is definitely application, but a lot of the blame is to be put on the formula itself. On those few nails, I found that I had a few issues with it going on completely smooth and had to dip the brush back in for more polish, even though I had used the same amount for the other nails. The consistency isn't too thin or thin, but it doesn't seem to have as much movement or flow to it - instead of the polish smoothing itself out on the nail as it dries, it just stays as you applied it (which does not occur with the other three I own). I am also a bit iffy on the finish. It's a beautiful colour in the bottle, but it's not as interesting on the nail. The shade is a slight golden,darker rosy mauve-pink with swirls of silver microshimmer. I was hoping that the silver would go on with more of a swirl effect. Instead the silver seems to infuse the entire colour with a noticeable silver undertone, which I feel it undermines the darker rose tones which would look absolutely beautiful with just a hint of the silver. The finish is also more metallic than shimmery, which I'm not a huge fan of. Perhaps because of its metallic finish, I find that there's not a lot of gloss to it. Glossiness isn't an important aspect to a nail polish for me, but I think that this polish would have worked better with more gloss to it - even applying a good top coat didn't add a significant amount of gloss. I do, however, very much like the colour despite the formula not being as nice as I was expecting it to be. And as with the other polishes I own, this one dries down very quickly.

Wear time:
It seems to wear pretty well, but I did notice that the tips looked a little more ragged than with the other polishes I own from this line. I also experienced a chip, but this was in the nail and not the polish.

Bang for your Buck:
14ml or 0.48 oz for $10.00CAD at Shoppers Drug Mart. This is definitely a pricier offering, although most who shop at Shoppers will know that Shopper's brands are often on the pricier side compared to other drug stores. Seems to be similar in price and product amount as brands such as OPI, so it's definitely not a big splurge.

Final Consensus:
Not amazing, but it is definitely acceptable. Ignoring the aesthetic properties of the nail polish that do not completely suit my own personal preferences, it's actually a pretty solid polish that I'm sure others would love more than I do. If metallics are your thing, give this shade a shot, as it definitely makes a nice holiday shade.
- Pros: great packaging/handle, very fast-drying, nice brush, pretty colour, only takes 2 coats for opaque coverage.
- Cons: Pricey for a drug-store brand, only available through Shoppers Drug Mart, brush may not be cut even depending on the bottle, wear-time isn't as nice as other polishes in the line, looks prettier in the bottle than on the nail, the metallic finish is not my favourite (as this is a personal preference factor, I have not included this in my rating of the product), goes on noticeably streaky.

Overall Rating: 4/5
Price: 2/5
Packaging Quality: 5/5
Would you buy this product again: Yes.