October 22, 2014 | 1920 users online

Mascara - Yves Saint Laurent - Volume Effet Faux Cils Shocking Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2014 4:03:00 AM More reviews by mayberry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG mascara. It provides amazing volume and lengthens my lashes to the limit. It's what Chanel and Dior claim to be, but only YSL delivers on the promise of thick, full, and long lashes. The brush needs improvement bc it makes application more difficult than it has to be bc it picks up too much product. This can cause clumping if you're not careful. But when applied correctly and carefully, it gives you the lashes you've always wished for!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by mariabef

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The first days I used this mascara were great but then I realised it was leaving stains all over the eye.
It lasts a lot to dry so you have to be careful.
I think any other drugstore mascara can work exactly the same and for a less expensive price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

I have this in black. I have quite long, not thick, medium coarseness lashes.This mascara looked good when it was fresh, but as the reviewer under me, I soon got problems with the formula. This mascara began to get lumps after only about 2-3 weeks - BIG lumps. After about 5 weeks of owning this, the mascara looked like it had all lumped up - I don't think I've ever had a mascara that was this lumpy...! Also, it goes on wet and lumpy, and then flakes... Then it also began to thicken. My next problem is: the smell - this must contain a lot of fragrance - it smells really pungent, which is bad for my sensitive eyes, which begin to tear up. Probably, this was also the reason for why this smudged more on me than other mascaras do. It didn't curl well either - it actually weighed down my natural curl. I don't know what more to say. I really dislike tihs mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Jeimarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first purchased this mascara, it was amazing! After 3 weeks of opening the formula started to thicken? Causing the application to become lumpy and it just looked like a hot mess. I would then always have to use a spoolie to separate my lashes and they were all starting to stick together (trying to get my money's worth out of this mascara) .....overall it just took to long to do my lashes so i had to move on lol I did receive a lot of compliments when the formula was fresh though!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by AprilShowas123

Would expect something better/higher quality from YSL. This was cakes, feathery, came off in little flakes and wasn't seperating. Formula has a strong musky smell , sort of unpleasant too. I'll stick with chanel Inimitible over this.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by emmahougaard

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product did no-good for me. The formula is extremely wet and it clumps so bad. It is very difficult to work with, and my eyelashes looked like a mess! It also flakes a lot and weighs down your lashes SO bad, and that's terrible for someone who has straight lashes like me. It did nothing good for me and I will not repurchase again - it's a very pricey mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 7:47:00 AM More reviews by shopaholick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Favorite mascara - gives lashes length and volume and yes Im always getting asked if my lashes are real- the mascara has to be built up and it is nice doesn't feel heavy on the eyes- v v nice to use - just repurchased- can clump a tiny bit like most mascaras that deliver this type of length/volume-however the brush allows the lashes to be easily separated. Lovely rosy smell- although I would prefer fragrance free version- dislike packaging- YSL....PLEASE THE GOLD PACKAGING FOR MASCARA IS SOOO TACKY LOOKING- THE LID DOESNT EVEN HAVE A SMOOTH FINISH AND THE GOLD IS A ORANGEY GOLD- EMBARRASSMENT TO CARRY AROUND!!! NOT NICE/CLASSY PACKAGING AT ALL FOR SUCH AN AMAZING PRODUCT. Otherwise WORTH EVERY PENNY, costs more than high st mascara but I would purchase anyday-my lashes are naturally long (not thick) so it makes lashes longer and alot more volumised. Different mascaras work for different people according to their eye lashes and the look they are after, this mascara (I got it in a black) provides what is claims a shicking result- in a good way!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by lolcaits

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Flake city. My lashes clumped up horribly then when I went to comb them out after the mascara had dried, my whole face was covered in fallout. What a horrendous mess. You'd be better off with a good drugstore mascara like Loreal Voluminous. Really disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by bjlt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am VERY fussy with my makeup, and usually change my products constantly but I have stayed using this mascara because it's the best. If you want longer, darker lashes then i recommend this one! At first, it can be clumpy but after a few uses, it gets better and doesn't clump so much.

This mascara is NOT for people that like natural looking lashes! It's designed for people that like a false lash effect.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Farinarr

My lashes are fairly long and curly and was looking for a mascara that would volumize. In my opinion this does give amazing volume with just a few strokes, however you have to be careful as too much can make them far too clumpy. For that reason i don't think it would be good for girls with shorter, finer lashes as it would be incredibly hard to manage. I find using this mascara on my bottom lashes very hard as it tends to make them go too long and spidery.

That being said, this mascara definitely delivers on being 'shocking'. I receive a lot of compliments on my lashes when i wear this as it really does give your lashes so much volume, length and curl that lasts all day.

My main problem is that it flakes. I have never experienced flaking with mascaras before and for it to happen with such a pricy mascara means I definitely will not repurchase.