August 30, 2014 | 1677 users online

Mascara - Yves Saint Laurent - Volume Effet Faux Cils Shocking Mascara

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

I have this in black. I have quite long, not thick, medium coarseness lashes.This mascara looked good when it was fresh, but as the reviewer under me, I soon got problems with the formula. This mascara began to get lumps after only about 2-3 weeks - BIG lumps. After about 5 weeks of owning this, the mascara looked like it had all lumped up - I don't think I've ever had a mascara that was this lumpy...! Also, it goes on wet and lumpy, and then flakes... Then it also began to thicken. My next problem is: the smell - this must contain a lot of fragrance - it smells really pungent, which is bad for my sensitive eyes, which begin to tear up. Probably, this was also the reason for why this smudged more on me than other mascaras do. It didn't curl well either - it actually weighed down my natural curl. I don't know what more to say. I really dislike tihs mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Jeimarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first purchased this mascara, it was amazing! After 3 weeks of opening the formula started to thicken? Causing the application to become lumpy and it just looked like a hot mess. I would then always have to use a spoolie to separate my lashes and they were all starting to stick together (trying to get my money's worth out of this mascara) .....overall it just took to long to do my lashes so i had to move on lol I did receive a lot of compliments when the formula was fresh though!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by AprilShowas123

Would expect something better/higher quality from YSL. This was cakes, feathery, came off in little flakes and wasn't seperating. Formula has a strong musky smell , sort of unpleasant too. I'll stick with chanel Inimitible over this.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by emmahougaard

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product did no-good for me. The formula is extremely wet and it clumps so bad. It is very difficult to work with, and my eyelashes looked like a mess! It also flakes a lot and weighs down your lashes SO bad, and that's terrible for someone who has straight lashes like me. It did nothing good for me and I will not repurchase again - it's a very pricey mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 7:47:00 AM More reviews by shopaholick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Favorite mascara - gives lashes length and volume and yes Im always getting asked if my lashes are real- the mascara has to be built up and it is nice doesn't feel heavy on the eyes- v v nice to use - just repurchased- can clump a tiny bit like most mascaras that deliver this type of length/volume-however the brush allows the lashes to be easily separated. Lovely rosy smell- although I would prefer fragrance free version- dislike packaging- YSL....PLEASE THE GOLD PACKAGING FOR MASCARA IS SOOO TACKY LOOKING- THE LID DOESNT EVEN HAVE A SMOOTH FINISH AND THE GOLD IS A ORANGEY GOLD- EMBARRASSMENT TO CARRY AROUND!!! NOT NICE/CLASSY PACKAGING AT ALL FOR SUCH AN AMAZING PRODUCT. Otherwise WORTH EVERY PENNY, costs more than high st mascara but I would purchase anyday-my lashes are naturally long (not thick) so it makes lashes longer and alot more volumised. Different mascaras work for different people according to their eye lashes and the look they are after, this mascara (I got it in a black) provides what is claims a shicking result- in a good way!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by lolcaits

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Flake city. My lashes clumped up horribly then when I went to comb them out after the mascara had dried, my whole face was covered in fallout. What a horrendous mess. You'd be better off with a good drugstore mascara like Loreal Voluminous. Really disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by bjlt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am VERY fussy with my makeup, and usually change my products constantly but I have stayed using this mascara because it's the best. If you want longer, darker lashes then i recommend this one! At first, it can be clumpy but after a few uses, it gets better and doesn't clump so much.

This mascara is NOT for people that like natural looking lashes! It's designed for people that like a false lash effect.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Farinarr

My lashes are fairly long and curly and was looking for a mascara that would volumize. In my opinion this does give amazing volume with just a few strokes, however you have to be careful as too much can make them far too clumpy. For that reason i don't think it would be good for girls with shorter, finer lashes as it would be incredibly hard to manage. I find using this mascara on my bottom lashes very hard as it tends to make them go too long and spidery.

That being said, this mascara definitely delivers on being 'shocking'. I receive a lot of compliments on my lashes when i wear this as it really does give your lashes so much volume, length and curl that lasts all day.

My main problem is that it flakes. I have never experienced flaking with mascaras before and for it to happen with such a pricy mascara means I definitely will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Auburn404

I bought this at Nordstrom when they had a mascara sale. The salesgirl convinced me to try it so I thought why not, even though I had never heard of it. This is just okay, not great. It does give you fairly thick and long lashes, however the more you put on, the more they clump and start to look spidery. I have to use a light application and I have to use something different on my bottom lashes. I also recommend wiping most of the product away on a tissue before you put it on your lashes, that way you won't get the clumpy lashes look. But the fact that I even have to do that makes me not want to buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by jccmz

This mascara was completely wrong for my sensitive eyes and "Asian" (thin, short, point straight down) lashes. There is a fragrance that is so overpowering and, either the frangrance or something else in the formula makes my eye tear constantly. And since the formula isn't waterproof, then of course the mascara would start to run and make a huge mess of my eye makeup. I was disappointed that the fragrance was so strong that I think I was able to try it a total of three or four times before it became clear this mascara would not work for me. I tried it with a layer of waterproof mascara under it; I also tried it with a layer of waterproof mascara over it. Each time, the fragrance or the formula would make my eyes water and then the mascara would run and/or flake. Too bad.