December 22, 2014 | 1531 users online

Mascara - Yves Saint Laurent - Volume Effet Faux Cils Shocking Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by cheska07

It was given to me as a present, and I just love how it makes my lashes look thick and really black. I bought a new tube and I find it a bit pricey . But it's okay, i still love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2014 8:06:00 AM More reviews by Suvacat

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This really is the worst mascara I have ever used.

I was left with clumps of mascara over my lashes and had to clean it off so I could go out. It really was bad. I took it back and got a replacement but it was just the same.

I would never buy this product again. I can't think how it ever got through Quality Control.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2014 8:53:00 AM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did not like this at all. On the first day it just clumped my lashes so bad that it looked like I only had 3 lashes on my left eye and 4 on my right. I understand this is volumizing but it offered no separation so I had to use a metal lash comb. Ain't used that mess in YEARS! That is disrespectful of a masrcara that costs this much. Anyway, I continued to use this, it clumped every time, pieces of it ended up on my cheeks, the good news it it didn't smudge on me like volume effet faux cils but I just... I paid way too much for this to behave this way. I will not repurchase. UGH!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2014 4:03:00 AM More reviews by mayberry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG mascara. It provides amazing volume and lengthens my lashes to the limit. It's what Chanel and Dior claim to be, but only YSL delivers on the promise of thick, full, and long lashes. The brush needs improvement bc it makes application more difficult than it has to be bc it picks up too much product. This can cause clumping if you're not careful. But when applied correctly and carefully, it gives you the lashes you've always wished for!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by mariabef

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The first days I used this mascara were great but then I realised it was leaving stains all over the eye.
It lasts a lot to dry so you have to be careful.
I think any other drugstore mascara can work exactly the same and for a less expensive price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

I have this in black. I have quite long, not thick, medium coarseness lashes.This mascara looked good when it was fresh, but as the reviewer under me, I soon got problems with the formula. This mascara began to get lumps after only about 2-3 weeks - BIG lumps. After about 5 weeks of owning this, the mascara looked like it had all lumped up - I don't think I've ever had a mascara that was this lumpy...! Also, it goes on wet and lumpy, and then flakes... Then it also began to thicken. My next problem is: the smell - this must contain a lot of fragrance - it smells really pungent, which is bad for my sensitive eyes, which begin to tear up. Probably, this was also the reason for why this smudged more on me than other mascaras do. It didn't curl well either - it actually weighed down my natural curl. I don't know what more to say. I really dislike tihs mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Jeimarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first purchased this mascara, it was amazing! After 3 weeks of opening the formula started to thicken? Causing the application to become lumpy and it just looked like a hot mess. I would then always have to use a spoolie to separate my lashes and they were all starting to stick together (trying to get my money's worth out of this mascara) .....overall it just took to long to do my lashes so i had to move on lol I did receive a lot of compliments when the formula was fresh though!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by AprilShowas123

Would expect something better/higher quality from YSL. This was cakes, feathery, came off in little flakes and wasn't seperating. Formula has a strong musky smell , sort of unpleasant too. I'll stick with chanel Inimitible over this.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by emmahougaard

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product did no-good for me. The formula is extremely wet and it clumps so bad. It is very difficult to work with, and my eyelashes looked like a mess! It also flakes a lot and weighs down your lashes SO bad, and that's terrible for someone who has straight lashes like me. It did nothing good for me and I will not repurchase again - it's a very pricey mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 7:47:00 AM More reviews by shopaholick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Favorite mascara - gives lashes length and volume and yes Im always getting asked if my lashes are real- the mascara has to be built up and it is nice doesn't feel heavy on the eyes- v v nice to use - just repurchased- can clump a tiny bit like most mascaras that deliver this type of length/volume-however the brush allows the lashes to be easily separated. Lovely rosy smell- although I would prefer fragrance free version- dislike packaging- YSL....PLEASE THE GOLD PACKAGING FOR MASCARA IS SOOO TACKY LOOKING- THE LID DOESNT EVEN HAVE A SMOOTH FINISH AND THE GOLD IS A ORANGEY GOLD- EMBARRASSMENT TO CARRY AROUND!!! NOT NICE/CLASSY PACKAGING AT ALL FOR SUCH AN AMAZING PRODUCT. Otherwise WORTH EVERY PENNY, costs more than high st mascara but I would purchase anyday-my lashes are naturally long (not thick) so it makes lashes longer and alot more volumised. Different mascaras work for different people according to their eye lashes and the look they are after, this mascara (I got it in a black) provides what is claims a shicking result- in a good way!