September 16, 2014 | 1954 users online

Mascara - Almay - Intense-I-Color Chocolate Quartz for Green Eyes

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by tourmalinequeen

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

How on earth does this dreary taupe color intensify my green eyes? This is the worst all round mascara I've found...flakes, doesn't even appear until after about 4 coats, doesn't volumize , doesn't lengthen, doesn't intensify. Utter crap.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by FacePaintLuva

Ugh I hate when mascara is a let down. Really wanted mascara with some glitter for some reason, thought lancome hypnose star would have it but the packaging was misleading. So when I found this almay that was specific for my green eyes and had "light catching blah blah" to bring out eyes I was excited. But meh, the brush isn't that great also this doesnt really lengthen lashes just kinda coats them. Its also flaky, was on my cheeks in an hour. AND the glitter in it makes you hilousinate that there is a ghost orb or a light out of the corner of your eye that isn't there. Not buying this again which is a shame I really wanted to like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by BDfangirl

I used to like Almay because I have sensitive eyes and I'm a contact lens wearer, but my first objection to this mascara was that it isn't as gentle as the Almay products I'm used to. It caused my eyes to be itchy by the end of the day and swollen by the next morning which is definitely is not what I expect from a hypoallergenic formula. Even if I didn't have sensitive eyes, this product made my eyelashes look WAY too long without building any thickness. I'm not sure if it's the formula or the brush that is the issue, but I can do without the spidery effect. The brush is also so full and awkward to use that I poked myself in the eye with the wand for the first time since my inexperienced preteen years! Another caveat is this mascara takes a little while to dry -- blink too soon and you'll end up with mascara all over your face. Not recommended for anyone, sensitive or not.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

I bought this mascara hoping that it would bring out the green tones in my hazel eyes, and while the color is good, the mascara does nothing for my lashes - doesn't lengthen or volumize them. Perhaps, as the preivous reviewer noted, the fault lies with the brush?
On a positive note, there is no flaking or smudging, not even after hours of wear.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by baldymonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I would rate this mascara a two, but it gets bumped up a lippie for amazing color. It's the perfect shade of dark brown: not too light, not too dark, and it has a burgundy tint that really does seem to bring out the green in my hazel eyes.

Other than that, it's just your average drugstore mascara, i.e. nothing special at all. Clumpy, but nothing a drop of vegetable oil won't fix. The wand is cheap and becomes gross fast. If you have a good same-size wand saved from a previous mascara, I recommend swapping - that's what I did with my old Buxom Lash wand and got pretty good, natural-looking results. With the Almay wand, it was veering into icky spiderlegs territory. Will definitely repurchase for the color though!