Almay Intense-I-Color Chocolate Quartz for Green Eyes

1.8

How on earth does this dreary taupe color intensify my green eyes? This is the worst all round mascara I've found...flakes, doesn't even appear until after about 4 coats, doesn't volumize , doesn't lengthen, doesn't intensify. Utter crap.

Ugh I hate when mascara is a let down. Really wanted mascara with some glitter for some reason, thought lancome hypnose star would have it but the packaging was misleading. So when I found this almay that was specific for my green eyes and had "light catching blah blah" to bring out eyes I was excited. But meh, the brush isn't that great also this doesnt really lengthen lashes just kinda coats them. Its also flaky, was on my cheeks in an hour. AND the glitter in it makes you hilousinate that there is a ghost orb or a light out of the corner of your eye that isn't there. Not buying this again which is a shame I really wanted to like it.

on 12/16/2012 6:42:00 PM

I used to like Almay because I have sensitive eyes and I'm a contact lens wearer, but my first objection to this mascara was that it isn't as gentle as the Almay products I'm used to. It caused my eyes to be itchy by the end of the day and swollen by the next morning which is definitely is not what I expect from a hypoallergenic formula. Even if I didn't have sensitive eyes, this product made my eyelashes look WAY too long without building any thickness. I'm not sure if it's the formula or the brush that is the issue, but I can do without the spidery effect. The brush is also so full and awkward to use that I poked myself in the eye with the wand for the first time since my inexperienced preteen years! Another caveat is this mascara takes a little while to dry -- blink too soon and you'll end up with mascara all over your face. Not recommended for anyone, sensitive or not.

on 6/28/2012 2:58:00 PM

I bought this mascara hoping that it would bring out the green tones in my hazel eyes, and while the color is good, the mascara does nothing for my lashes - doesn't lengthen or volumize them. Perhaps, as the preivous reviewer noted, the fault lies with the brush?
On a positive note, there is no flaking or smudging, not even after hours of wear.