April 17, 2014 | 977 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Sultra Seductress Iron

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by mlaw854

I received this flat iron for free for winning one of those magazine sweepstakes. Overall it does the job and I think that it is pretty stylish being in pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by annalynn77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Was a loyal GHD follow until I tried this.. This one is so much better doesn't feel cheap, has multiple heat settings and straightens hair like a dream..I love this flat iron..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by ng2die4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased Reminghton shine therapy iron 2 years ago and was happy with it, still works etc. I used it mostly to "pick up" some sections for curling, I have 2A wavy fine hair, lots of it. Recently I was practicing to do my hair for my wedding ceremony using flat iron. I watched a lot of videos and tutorials on how to curl with the flat iron, so I am familiar with the technique. My goal was to curl all head as oppose just few sections here and there. I was trying to use my Reminghton and on the left side the curls were coming okay but the right side was all skrewy-- I read reviews on GHD and Sultra and decided to stop by Sephora to look at the them (control, plates etc.) because I realised that my curling issues are pprobably related to the flat iron itself. SA at Sephora could not open the boxes for me to see the flat irons, so I decided to get Sultra to try and returen as I was not planning to spend $210. I thought : okay, if it's good, I will ourchase it later--. Fast forward 2 days-- This flat iron can only be ripped out of my hands when I am dead. Best, amazing product. My curls came out perfect - shiny, bouncy and they lasted through the night. I washed my hair, air dried, curled it, sprayed Elnett. In the morning I woke up with gorgeous waves . SA at Sephora tols me that Sultra is better for curls and GHD is better for straight hair, I don;t own GHD so can;t comment on this. The iron is light, heats up in few seconds, no tagging on hair! I was worried that I was damaging my hair (burning) because there were a lots of breakage like hair while I was styling. Now I see that it was my old iron pulling my hair. I recommend to read the tutorial by "Hair and Make up by Steph" blog. She has great tutorial. Also, I now can teach my 14 year old how to operate flat iron, I was hesitant before, she has gorgeous hair and I didn't want to damage it (even with heat protectant!). I am confident that using Sultra will be safe for her hair. It's very very expencive but if you depend on heat styling using flat iron like I do for everyday or special occasion I recommend it. If you only need it for bangs or small jobs, I am sure there are other models that would do the job. But for the whole head styling - Sultra all the way!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by LexutheDragonLily

It is so versatile in use and if you're traveling. It comes with a pad so it won't burn the surface that you leave it on and it turns off after 30 minutes! I have left mine on countless times and I don't know what would have happened if it did not turn off. The quality is great, my hair is really straight and it feels softer and healthier since I started straightening it with the seductress. I have no complaints.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 3:39:00 AM More reviews by topnotch_babydoll

I purchased the sultra "wicked" iron.I have fine,thin color processed hair,so I have to be careful what I used.Based on good reviews I gave it a chance.It has a nice,sleek style and box..heats up quickly,straightens nicely but makes hair very flat.I always use CHI heat protectant,and within a week my hair was noticeably more damaged and fried from the iron! If you have thin hair,stay away from this..there is no temperature control,which I discovered the heat is 375 degrees!!! I returned it and will not use it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by kelis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great iron, heats up very fast and really is one pass. My hair is wavy, thin but a lot of it and longest layer is to mid-back. Doesn't snag any hair either. Be sure to use a heat protectant!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by itismonica

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchase a flat iron every few months. I've tried most of them, a few I've purchased multiple times. This is the most AMAZING flat iron to date. I am absolutely in LOVE! Due to the fact that my haircuts are so expensive, they are far and few in between (yes, after 6-8 months I still get compliments). This flat iron has brought lots of compliments in a few days than I get in a few months. Not that I just want the compliments, but this is from people that see me fairly often. I am sooo happy. I did return the Bombshell wand, another review for later.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Mandim508

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this to replace a Sedu Pro Ionic Ceramic Tourmaline Iron. Thought I'd review since that was a popular iron and I couldn't find any comparisons.

Let me start this one with my hair type: medium-thick, somewhat tightly wound, curly italian hair. Lots of frizz. Tons of hair. Very dry. Color-treated. Long. Split ends. Lots of work to get a look that I'm happy with. Babyliss, Hot Tools, Chi, anything "basic" ceramic or gold does nothing good for my hair.

I had been using the Sedu 1 1/2" flat iron after seeing great reviews of it on Folica. Here's the story of my Sedu:
I got my first one about five or six years ago (whenever they first got big) and I loved it. Gave me a gorgeous look, was easy to use, and I recommended it to everyone. I took it to Italy with me on a trip in June 2010 and plugged it into my adaptor... it buzzed once, and then died. Should've known better. I promptly ordered another so it would be there when I got home.
Something about the new one was different. The design had changed minimally -- it now had a swivel cord (nice) but no longer had the little rubber hanging loop that it used to have (not nice). I noticed that the plates weren't matching up as well as they could have. It still felt hot but it seemed like I had to pass it over my hair more times to get it straight. It felt like my hair with my 2nd Sedu wasn't resisting humidity as well as with my first one. It didn't look as good (I compared photos and it's such a big difference in shine and health). I wasn't happy. It's almost like -- and this is just my uneducated guess -- that maybe Sedu made their product a little cheaper with all the demand? It took longer to do my hair and I was getting very frustrated with it.

I heard someone talking about the Sultra Seductress and I thought I'd give it a shot since I didn't want to use my Sedu anymore. I'm VERY impressed by it. I only have to do one slow-ish pass on a normal section of hair to get it straight and it really looks better than it did before with the Sedu. It's easier to use. Takes less time. Hair feels super soft. It claims to "seal" hair while it straightens. I'm not sure about this, but my hair at least looks a little less split-endy.

The design: It's got a rounded outside so you can do flat-iron curls with it. I probably won't use it for this, but it helps if i want to turn the ends of my hair in/out. The Sedu was too flat to do anything but straighten. Comes with a 2-year warranty and heat protect pad. Heats up in seconds and has automatic turn-off if you don't use it for 30 minutes. Good to know since I'm always paranoid about leaving irons on when I leave home.

If you're choosing between the Sedu and the Sultra, I'd say go with the Sultra, especially if you have difficult hair. I suppose the Sedu is fine for you fine/wavy-haired girls who think you need a heavy-duty iron ;) but for me, the Sultra is a good investment.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by tristinbrittany

I purchased two of these. One for home to curl my stick straight hair because curls from curling irons don't stay. The other is for work, I have notcied my GHD sometimes takes up to 4 passes on my course haired clients. This iron is amazing for smoothing hair to a glass like finish, and creating bouncing curls that my other irons never even came close to. One word describes this iron-amazing.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No