September 18, 2014 | 940 users online

Lips - Hard Candy - World Balmination in Fishnet

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by thisisashley

I picked this up today at my local Walmart for $2.97 CDN. There were only two lip balms left labelled as "Fishnet". However, both were different shades of pink. One was an intense fuchsia. The other was bubble gum. The bubble gum shade had "new" on its packaging. I went with that one since it was more in tune with the colour I was looking for. I really hope that the one I chose isn't one of a kind because I really like it. It's sheer enough that I can apply it without a mirror yet still intense enough to show up true to its colour on my pigmented lips. The formula is very moisturizing. It smells a lot like MAC lip products which means I'll be able to use them together without any scent/flavour conflicts. I also like that you get a lot of product for the price. The only downfall would be the packaging. I love the "edgy" artwork but I wish the product could twist all the way down into the tube. There is so much hollow space at the bottom of the tube. This is not a lip balm you'd want to open or close in a moving vehicle. I will repurchase this colour and might try other shades.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by selkie67

Wish I had found these reviews earlier...I looked but apparently not hard enough.

Anyway...this stuff is terrible. There is absolutely NO color. None. It's not even a decent lip balm. Chapstick does better.

The packaging is awful. The tube barely retracts, so the bullet is constantly in danger of breaking off.

It ticks me off that I paid 3 bucks for this. It might be worth 50 cents. To a 6-year-old.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Branny43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Sorry, all, this is a definite miss for me.

The balm itself is decent, but the packaging (while cute) is dodgy and flimsy.

The product doesn't offend with taste or scent, but neither does it impart any of the implied color to your lips. Anyone with lips more pigmented than a piece of white copy-paper isn't going to see a color payoff on this at all, so why bother making the bullets different shades, hmmm?

If I'm not getting color, anyhow, I much prefer the BonneBell Lipsmackers line.

Try it if you don't mind parting with $3, but be prepared to give it to whatever 6-year-old girl is in your life.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by DodgerDasher

This is from the fall 2011 collection of products that recently came out at Wal Mart. For three dollars you get a lipstick-style balm in a swivel up tube. Fishnet is a medium pink and it shows up faintly on my lips. Not much pigmentation or shine but it is a balm so that's expected. The "amazing sugar lemon scent" is barely noticeable, I expected it to be stronger. Bottom line is the packaging is cute with its roses and anchors, the formula feels good on my lips, and it's cheap. A nice balm but don't expect to be blown away.