September 1, 2014 | 1946 users online

Nails - Sally Hansen - Salon Effects in Kitty, Kitty

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by lipstickinpink

There was a pink bin of these at Priceline marked down from $14 to $6!!!
I had to grab a few! I just felt like having something fun on my nails and i'm hopeless at nail art.

I put on "Sweet Marble floret" wow! i love this pattern! I did apply i topcoat, just to ensure it'd last a little longer.. it's so easy to apply and takes 5 mins for both hands. Perfect if you've got an event later on.

If there's more on special i'll buy more! but at $14 each.. i might have to look online, or just a cheaper brand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by violetfairygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are so great. I've been trying to save money by doing my own pedicures, and while I'm able to do everything else by myself, I can't ever seem to paint my own toenails without messing them up before the polish has dried. This design is super cute - the pattern is fun and also helps to disguise those few spots where I got a wrinkle in the strip, and they stick well and set immediately. I have also used these in Sweet Tart-an, and was pleased with them, but the strips seemed a little thinner/lighter than Kitty, Kitty and curled a lot while I was trying to apply them. The Kitty, Kitty strips didn't curls as much during application.

I also used the leftover strips to give myself a matching accent nail on my hands - I was concerned that they wouldn't stay on because I have fake nails (pink and white gels), but it's been three days and there are no signs of lifting or loosening. I alternate with Salon Effects and the Kiss Nail Dress stickers, and while the Kiss stickers are great for toes (and slightly cheaper), they tend to lift on my fingernails.

Totally thrilled, I already have two other patterns to try next!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Myrasilva82

I absolutely love the strips! I can never polish my nails right. These strips are just amazing! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by njr86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay... I really like these. I am a total klutz and I can't paint my nails to save my life. I used to just go to the salon but i really dont have time like that anymore. I picked these strips from the clearance section at target cause the kitty kitty pattern was just too cute. The technique took a couple tries to get used to but after that it was kinda easy to do, just time consuming. I swiped each nail w/acetone remover to prep and after centering the sticker i used the buffer side of the file to push all the edges down and underneath each nail. After the strips set for a few min, I topped with sally Hansen mega shine topcoat. I used one pkg on my first try (cut the strips in half) so now i have enough for another leopard mani or maybe i'll do my toes to match. Day 2 no chips or wear, just compliments on my cute nails :) AND I did it myself, in my PJs, in peace and quiet after my kids went to bed. Will update if removal process is worth mentioning lol.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried maybe 10-12 different brands and patterns/colors of nail strips. These Sally Hansen Kitty Kitty strips were probably the trickiest to apply. The texture of the Sally Hansen strips varies depending on pattern, and some seem to be less sticky (and more brittle/dry) than others. I had trouble getting the clear plastic layer off of these and it was pulling off pieces of nail polish on some nails, causing me to have to redo the entire nail. I am a perfectionist and will take my time to get things just right, so when all was said and done, it took me almost an hour and a half to get these strips on my nails!!

That being said, I think the end result was worth it. The colors on these are neutral enough and blend into my skin tone enough that from a distance, these almost just look like bronze polish. My nails are short and squoval, so they do not look as tacky as I was afraid they'd look. So far, they've been on for 4 days and there's been no lifting or peeling or wearing off. The way they're holding up reminds me of the Girl Flower strips (which lasted over 2 weeks), however Girl Flower was MUCH easier to apply. I deducted one lippie for issues I had with the strips tearing and not adhering easily, which made them so hard to apply. Maybe I just got a bad box, though?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure if I'm reviewing the right product....my review is intended for the press on nail stickers...they are AWESOME! I got the leopard print pattern ( I think it was called Kitty) and my mom helped me put them on. They were not very time consuming or tricky, I could have even done them by myself! I hope I never have to though...Anyway, easier than polish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is very fun. It's pretty easy to apply, you get a generous amount of 'tape' to work with and the applicaton lasted a long time. I got a lot of compliments and interest when I wore this. I also have the one called "Cutout" (I believe). I uploaded a pix.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by mimi82

These things are indeed awesome, they wear really well but unfortunately they are so expensive! Only down side is price, so will try find them cheaper online. Farmers sell them for $19.95nzd... argh! I put a top coat on to make them last longer too. Lots of comments on my nails with these on!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by MUAMEANGIRL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these things! They wear really well. I make sure to seal the edge of these after I apply them, with a acetone. I just dip a small brush in acetone and then run it around all the edges of the sticker. Don't over do it, because it can melt them, since they are made of polish. Also I apply a slow drying top coat on top of these to make them extra shinny and extend the wear. I prefer Nail Tek Intensive Therapy.