April 18, 2014 | 2032 users online

Conditioner - John Frieda - Full Repair Full Body Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

I've been using this conditioner a few times a week for about a year, it has become a part of my rotation. It does do a good job of smoothing frizz and split-ends without weighing down my fine hair. I have not tried the shampoo, I stick with some basic sulfate free options and rotate. Because I feel like hair products perform better when I don't use the same one over and over again, I alternate this with a few others, but this one is my favorite. I will definitely keep purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by chocolatecadre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried the Full Repair shampoo after I got it as a present and was not a huge fan as it left my hair feeling far too conditioned and heavy. However, this conditioner is perfect! It doesn't really leave that heavy feeling, and instead my mid-length/long-ish hair is easily styled, silky-feeling, bouncy, shiny, just the type of conditioned feeling hair I've always wanted. The great thing about this is also that it doesn't really matter what shampoo I use - no matter how tangled up my hair gets after washing, this conditioner usually sorts it out. I think from now on I will combine a cheaper shampoo with this conditioner. This one is not the cheapest product out there but it really works wonders, and has a nice scent, too.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 8:28:00 AM More reviews by ClassyChic01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased the shampoo and conditioner duo and did not like the shampoo (made my hair feel dry while layering). I tried this conditioner again with my usual shampoo because I wanted to give the conditioner a fair shot, since I could see potential and had read positive reviews on its detangling properties and nice smell. Unfortunately, I am not really impressed. To begin with, I have lots of fine straight hair with highlights but in good condition so my biggest issue is tangles. The smell is nice (perfumey so may conflict with your own perfume, but it's not too strong) and it does appear to detangle okay. But just okay. The ingredients leave a lot to be desired and the product consistency is on the runny side. Since I've had better luck with previous conditioners I've used (i.e. Biolage detangling solution, Purelogy Hydrate, and Goldwell Dual Senses for fine color treated hair), this just didn't cut it for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by cheetah7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought both the John Frieda full Repair shampoo and conditioner and while I was not too crazy about the shampoo, the conditioner is well worth it. I have long (down to the waist), slightly wavy hair and right now it has a 4 month old permanent color in it. The dye left my otherwise healthy hair somewhat dry and a bit frizzy. The shampoo for some reason, exacerbated the problem so I no longer use the shampoo. The conditioner, on the other hand, left my hair soft, smooth, shiny, manageable and tangle free. I apply the product from midway down to the ends and leave on for 3 minutes. I don't use on roots.

The price is not bad although I wish it came in a bigger container since I go thru it real quickly. The scent is also nice and reminds me of more expensive, salon type products than drugstore ones. What I like most about this conditioner is it helps define my natural waves without the frizz and makes styling my hair that much easier. I would not call this a deep conditioner because it's more like a regular one but with that, it does a good job. I will repurchase the conditioner and just pair it with another shampoo.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I bought this on a whim when I found a travel size in the clearance bin at Target. It only cost me a $1.04. I read good things online about this as a deep conditioner. But honestly, I wasn't really all that impressed.

This is a thick, rich cream conditioner. On the plus side, it didn't cause an allergic reaction, and I liked the smell. It didn't weigh my hair down.

I don't think this really works as a deep conditioner. My hair definitely felt more dry and was more frizzy after using this product. I got much better results from the Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner, and intend to stick with that. The Neutrogena is very close in price to this, and it works much better in my opinion. I'm glad I gave this a try, but I'm also glad I didn't buy a full-sized bottle. It's not a bad conditioner, but it's nothing spectacular either. This will probably work well as a regular conditioner, but definitely not a deep conditioner. So if you are looking for something to repair damaged hair, this isn't it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by goldteapot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I read good things about this, so I tried it, for at least a week. It is light yet makes hair feel soft in the shower and easy to comb. Then when dry, I noticed no shine. After a few days it even looked dull. Then I looked at the ingridients: silicone (dimethicone). While silicone does make you hair feel sleek, it is not moisturizing and can build up, is hard to wash out, and worse it can prevent moisture from penetrating your hair. If you have fine but thick and wavy hair that lacks shine to begin with, don't use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Klb1991

I am so hesitant to buy hyped up products but I'm really glad I did buy this!! I've used it about 8 times now and it's amazing. It smells so good, my hair is soft, and shiny. I have really, really, thick, coarse, frizzy, wavy/curly hair and this stuff works beautifully! Definitely worth a try. It doesn't weigh down my hair either. HG product for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Janay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm adding to the rave reviews for this conditioner. After one use my frizzy hair with out-of-control waves became smooth & shiny hair with pretty waves. Big improvement. Nice soft, clean fragrance as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 5:35:00 AM More reviews by JohnnyMakeup

My hair was literally hay-straw-like, they wouldn't get wet swimming in the pool or shower. I spent hundreds of pounds on high-end products hoping to revitalize them, nothing helped, I was hopeless. Until I decided to give this a try.. amazing! My hair was so smooth, moisture was recovered. Just make sure you don't use it on your scalp, as my hair started falling out immensely. Overall yes, give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by sweetisme2005

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

John Freida Full Body repair conditioner & shampoo are great products my hair was getting damaged from dying my hair so much & this actually did work in restoring my hair's health and it is also safe for color treated hair, the smell is great too i would compare the conditioner to like the excellent sample ones you get with your hair dye :)