October 21, 2014 | 2097 users online

Conditioner - John Frieda - Full Repair Full Body Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by agirlcalledrinn

I've used John Frieda almost exclusively for year, but had recently tried to switch to non-sulfates because I have curly, big, thick, dry, Merida hair that is supremely highlighted. Never again. I bought this after my hair was fried by a bad hairdresser, toned my hair, and used this as a one hour deep conditioner. The results were immediate. My hair was manageable and smoothed, and showing signs of softness. Now I use it with the purple shampoo every other day, and as a co-wash on the other days, and finish it with the Professional Frizz Serum from the Frizz Ez line, and my hair is shiny, sleek when straightened, defined when curly, and soooooo soft. It took about a week before the full results were achieved. I haven't had any of the detangling problems some people are complaining about-it's always been a smooth run through. However, I wouldn't recommend this for normal or fine hair unless damaged, as it will probably be too heavy. I'm not as fond of the packaging though-I feel a significant amount is caught in the bottle, and the top fills with water in the shower and has to be emptied. I've seen it available in pump bottles and I''ll be hunting those down.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 3:02:00 AM More reviews by tfrazer24

This conditioner transformed my dry damaged bleached hair back to soft and silky. I am thrilled with the results and the reasonable price tag. Have spent much more than this on products that didn't work half as well

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by materialface

I am relieved that this conditioner was a winner for me. I was in a rush at the drugstore trying to find a conditioner. It was either this one or the JOICO colorsafe conditioner that caught my eye. I decided to go with this. This does contain some sulfate but it is further down the short list of ingredients so I figured it wouldn't hurt after just finishing Alterna's sulfate-free antifrizz conditioner.

pro's:
- packaging is sleek and easy to squeeze and get all product out
- smell is pleasant. slightly scented like a light floral perfume, which I like
- instantly softened my hair as I was rubbing it into my hair
- helped with frizz and dryness of my ends. so good! note: I still put my Alterna leave-in/heat protectant cream and light oil before blowdrying.

con's:
- although in the shower it did help soften my hair, as I was brushing through my wet hair with my wet brush, I still had a few tangles in my hair. but note that i have really long hair that's tangled no matter what.
- the fact that there is some sulfate in the ingredients. but! there are much less ingredients in this conditioner than others I've seen and used.

I would definitely repurchase this conditioner! I shall grab the shampoo along with it next time as well. If you have colored, damaged and dry ends, try this out! great drugstore find.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

I've been using this conditioner a few times a week for about a year, it has become a part of my rotation. It does do a good job of smoothing frizz and split-ends without weighing down my fine hair. I have not tried the shampoo, I stick with some basic sulfate free options and rotate. Because I feel like hair products perform better when I don't use the same one over and over again, I alternate this with a few others, but this one is my favorite. I will definitely keep purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by chocolatecadre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried the Full Repair shampoo after I got it as a present and was not a huge fan as it left my hair feeling far too conditioned and heavy. However, this conditioner is perfect! It doesn't really leave that heavy feeling, and instead my mid-length/long-ish hair is easily styled, silky-feeling, bouncy, shiny, just the type of conditioned feeling hair I've always wanted. The great thing about this is also that it doesn't really matter what shampoo I use - no matter how tangled up my hair gets after washing, this conditioner usually sorts it out. I think from now on I will combine a cheaper shampoo with this conditioner. This one is not the cheapest product out there but it really works wonders, and has a nice scent, too.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 8:28:00 AM More reviews by ClassyChic01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased the shampoo and conditioner duo and did not like the shampoo (made my hair feel dry while layering). I tried this conditioner again with my usual shampoo because I wanted to give the conditioner a fair shot, since I could see potential and had read positive reviews on its detangling properties and nice smell. Unfortunately, I am not really impressed. To begin with, I have lots of fine straight hair with highlights but in good condition so my biggest issue is tangles. The smell is nice (perfumey so may conflict with your own perfume, but it's not too strong) and it does appear to detangle okay. But just okay. The ingredients leave a lot to be desired and the product consistency is on the runny side. Since I've had better luck with previous conditioners I've used (i.e. Biolage detangling solution, Purelogy Hydrate, and Goldwell Dual Senses for fine color treated hair), this just didn't cut it for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by cheetah7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought both the John Frieda full Repair shampoo and conditioner and while I was not too crazy about the shampoo, the conditioner is well worth it. I have long (down to the waist), slightly wavy hair and right now it has a 4 month old permanent color in it. The dye left my otherwise healthy hair somewhat dry and a bit frizzy. The shampoo for some reason, exacerbated the problem so I no longer use the shampoo. The conditioner, on the other hand, left my hair soft, smooth, shiny, manageable and tangle free. I apply the product from midway down to the ends and leave on for 3 minutes. I don't use on roots.

The price is not bad although I wish it came in a bigger container since I go thru it real quickly. The scent is also nice and reminds me of more expensive, salon type products than drugstore ones. What I like most about this conditioner is it helps define my natural waves without the frizz and makes styling my hair that much easier. I would not call this a deep conditioner because it's more like a regular one but with that, it does a good job. I will repurchase the conditioner and just pair it with another shampoo.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I bought this on a whim when I found a travel size in the clearance bin at Target. It only cost me a $1.04. I read good things online about this as a deep conditioner. But honestly, I wasn't really all that impressed.

This is a thick, rich cream conditioner. On the plus side, it didn't cause an allergic reaction, and I liked the smell. It didn't weigh my hair down.

I don't think this really works as a deep conditioner. My hair definitely felt more dry and was more frizzy after using this product. I got much better results from the Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner, and intend to stick with that. The Neutrogena is very close in price to this, and it works much better in my opinion. I'm glad I gave this a try, but I'm also glad I didn't buy a full-sized bottle. It's not a bad conditioner, but it's nothing spectacular either. This will probably work well as a regular conditioner, but definitely not a deep conditioner. So if you are looking for something to repair damaged hair, this isn't it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by goldteapot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I read good things about this, so I tried it, for at least a week. It is light yet makes hair feel soft in the shower and easy to comb. Then when dry, I noticed no shine. After a few days it even looked dull. Then I looked at the ingridients: silicone (dimethicone). While silicone does make you hair feel sleek, it is not moisturizing and can build up, is hard to wash out, and worse it can prevent moisture from penetrating your hair. If you have fine but thick and wavy hair that lacks shine to begin with, don't use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Klb1991

I am so hesitant to buy hyped up products but I'm really glad I did buy this!! I've used it about 8 times now and it's amazing. It smells so good, my hair is soft, and shiny. I have really, really, thick, coarse, frizzy, wavy/curly hair and this stuff works beautifully! Definitely worth a try. It doesn't weigh down my hair either. HG product for sure.