October 25, 2014 | 960 users online

Eye Primer - Australis - Eyeshadow Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Mandy2480

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Lost some points for the applicator and bottle. It's almost impossible to get it out of the bottle once you have used a bit. I always end up applying it with my finger too. Other than that I find this product to be amazing! I'm always losing my eyeshadow to sweaty eye lids but at the end if a hot day I find that my eyeshadow is next to perfect when I use this primer. It's affordable and works so I will buy it again despite the packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2013 4:18:00 AM More reviews by FionaMay

Lucky this was cheap seeing as you're only getting half of what you pay for with this silly bottle !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Susie0205

Cool!it works! Last the eyeshadow longer and let it more pigmented, price so cheap~The packing is so so, overall, with the nice price, it is really worth it! Will purchase again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by IrynaHarpy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

For me, this is a take it or leave it product. Actually, I'll be leaving it once I use it up. It's translucent and spreads evenly, but the package is ridiculous (why would I bother to wiggle the sponge wand around for hours to get the product once it's half-way used up?) and the product is fairly, "Meh".

It does the trick in as much as it creates a smooth surface and prevents creasing, but it does a mediocre job of keeping the colour true throughout the day. I consider it false economy to pay $12 for something you can only use half of before you don't have the time to fuss around with trying to scoop out when you can buy a tube of Too Faced for double the price, have a better product and more than 4 times as much use out of (right down to the last drop).

I've only found it useful as a primer for my MAC paint pot bases which need a bit of slip to blend well and really ensure that you have solid base for your eyeshadow and liner for the day (or night). Ultimately, like most Australis products, it just doesn't quite cut it. If you've tried swathes of primers over the years, as I have, you'd be better off not bothering with this one. The only saving grace was that it didn't cost as much as NARS Pro to find out it wasn't worth the bother.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2013 6:10:00 AM More reviews by hannahn631

I bought this product as a cheap alternative to the urban decay eye primers, and am very happy with the results given it's price. It goes on easily and is quite silky, and soaks in within a few minutes. I have oily eyelids and this product prevents them from creasing within 4-5 hours of application. It also helps retain the vibrancy of the eye shadow colours.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by tiawalker

I have extremely oily eyelids and this will last me around 4-5 hours and then it will begin to crease but I only use this to control oil so I can wipe away without ruining shadow or anything. very good price, and I have a magical tip, pop out the little silicone cap at the top of the tube (i used tweezers) when you think you have none left and bam you have so much product left!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Alexir

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Do not waste your money. Overpriced and poor quality. Gave me a rash, which took days to go away. Company has very poor customer service, they ignore you if you have a problem with any of their products. Most Australis products are very cheaply made in south east Asia.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by MissSarahK

This lasted for about 6 hours without creasing, but after that sixth hour boy did it crease and crease bad. The first 6. Hours though it did last well and really bring out the pigments of the eyeshadow colors, to bad it just can't last the whole day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 5:25:00 AM More reviews by CasperXx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Easy application and great product. I haven't tried any other eye makeup primers before but I don't feel the need to try any others either. This works great! I have some pretty bad quality eye shadows that are then bright, bold, beautiful and long lasting when I put this first. Love this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by hoangrl

this product does ok. I prefer the ELF primer over this. THe product does the job like any other primer. My only hate with this product, was the small amount of product you get. Sure ive had mine for about 6 months, but i alternate my products and this is nearly running out! the packaging sucks as it looks like you have alot of product, but really you dont. They should make it a clear tube, or a squeeze! Price is ok, but i wont repurchase. Just bought the NYX HD primer and im liking that alot!