Redken Extreme Shampoo (new formula)

4.4

water, sodium laureth sulfate, coco-betaine, glycol distearate, sodium chloride, dimethicone, fragrance, cocamide MIPA, sodium benzoate, hexylene glycol, salicylic acid, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, carbomer, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, quaternium-33, benzyl benzoate, limonene, arginine, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol, hydrolyzed soy protein, linalool, benzyl alcohol, methyl cocoate, sodium cocoate, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, PG-propyl silanetriol, sodium hydroxide, citric acid (NEW FORMULE IPN)

on 2/8/2015 12:52:00 PM

This is my HG line for protein treatments. I dye my hair blonde so it gets dry and damaged if I dont regularly use protein on it and this is perfect. Ill use this shampoo with the extreme hair mask (squeeze tube one) and my hair will be so soft and silky after it dries. Love it so much! And it smells super good!!

Pros
-soft hair
-silky feel
-proteins
-hydrates

cons
(none)

on 1/24/2015 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading all the reviews, some with claiming this as their HG, some as "not worth the money", I decided to buy it, along with the conditioner and the Redken Extreme Anti-Snap, to conclude it myself.

Hair history: Oh man where to start. I'm constantly in a vicious cycle of bleaching the shit out of my hair, complaining on how dead and gummy it is, chopping a couple of inches off, growing it out, seeing a hair colour/style i like (that, of course, requires bleach) and repeat. I've done this twice in the past 5 months.
Before using this, my end were gummy as hell when wet and brittle/frizzy when dry. At the time (which was literally yesterday), I was using all kinds of oils/treatments on my hair, the amount of money I've spent was unreal.
Finally my package came in, shampoo 10.5 oz and conditioner 8.5 oz both 12.99 each and the anti snap for 24.99 (ouch). I've read some reviews that it has a candy smell, maybe the new formula change that. It's not a horrible smell, it's a nice smell but isn't obsessive.
I left the shampoo on for 1 min, conditioner for 3 min approx. Washing it out, my hair felt really silky, but then again, a lot of conditioners feel good when rinsing out but then have no effect when your hair dries. However, when my hair was damp/drying my ends felt not crunchy, but slightly hard (I've read this is normal for protein treatments?) but when it was completely dry, HOOOOOO. Extremely soft and manageable. I haven't been able to stop running my hands through my hair. My hair hasn't felt like this in years.
This is my review after using it ONCE, I hope using it two times a week won't be to harsh.
I highly recommend this to all the gummy hairs.

on 11/20/2014 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hot roll my hair almost everyday. When my hair starts to look dry, I will use this shampoo and conditioner. It will bring life back to my hair. But don't use it too much or your hair will be too soft. So I switch between this shampoo and the voluminous shampoo. I occasionally will use the matching conditioner, but most of the time, I just use the body full conditioner. You can get this on sale about twice a year at Ulta in the liter size. So keep your eyes open for a sale otherwise I think this is too expensive.

on 11/6/2014 3:31:00 AM

This whole range did wonders to strengthen my my bleached, sad hair. I would definitely recommend this over the green Kerastase range.
However this is suitable for protein-deprived hair only - do not use on normal hair as it will have the opposite effect, making hair brittle and prone to breakage. And even for bleach-blondes, it's not advised to be used non-stop for more than 2 months, make sure to swap it with a deep-conditioning range from time to time. It really will make a difference.

on 8/14/2014 4:54:00 PM

I really liked it at first, smells really nice, lathers good and does what it says. But after using it for one month while rotating it with two other shampoos (both I've used for years) it made me lose my hair double the amount I normally lose. I stopped using it and am trying to get my hair back the way it was before using this shampoo.

on 8/2/2014 4:17:00 AM

This shampoo is brilliant, hair feels a lot healthier since using it. I use the whole Redken Extreme line and my bleach damaged hair is feeling smoother and there's a significant reduction in breakage

on 5/26/2014 10:38:00 PM

This shampoo smells nice and lathers well, and is great if you need protein.... but caution if you don't! I stopped using this because after a while it started to make my hair feel very brittle. This is a shampoo that you're supposed to use every now and then as a treatment. Not for every wash!

on 4/19/2014 5:41:00 AM

Although having experienced very mixed results with Redken products, and therefore having no high expectations, I decided to try this anyway because of the reviews.

My hair is dyed and pretty frizzy - and it just gets worse when exposed to humid conditions. After shampooing, conditioning and blowdrying, my hair was still frizzy. However, after straightening my hair (like I normally do - no hair spray), I went out in semi-rainy weather - and my hair stay put. It was amazing! My hair normally frizz up right away.
That being said, my hair still frizzes up when the weather is very humid, but I suppose that's fairly normal.

My hair also feels very soft and hydrated and more "bouncy", perhaps stronger, after using this even though I have only used it a handful of times.
Another plus is the great smell which kind of reminds me of a sweet grape-like smell.
For the results, I consider the price fair.

on 1/20/2014 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This has saved my hair! I'm naturally a brunette but I love getting some blonde in my hair. Usually my hair doesn't tolerate it however since using this product my hair has been heaps healthier

on 1/20/2014 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I really like this shampoo!! It dosen't dry out my hair eventhough it's with protein and it smells great.

Popular Shampoos