Zoya Maya

4.4

on 8/10/2014 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

One of my top ten favorite nail polish colors. Such a unique soft coral pink jelly color. It's simply beautiful and universally flattering.

on 7/24/2014 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am a big fan of jelly-type polishes, and the description of this polish, a pink-coral with tangerine undertones, is right there in the middle of my favorite colors. The sample on the website plus numerous images on the web show a lovely pink-coral color.

Not true. Instead, it is more of a tangerine-red-orange color. The polish dries at least a half-shade darker than the bottle. None of that almost flamingo pink tropical coral color at all.

As to application, that part is a dream. Love the thin consistency, even spreading, and fairly quicky drying. For these reasons, I gave it 3 lippies instead of 2 or 1. With so many brands of excellent polish out there, there's no reason not to have to color I crave in another brand at the same price point (which I do think is a fair one for a quality polish).

This not my first Zoya polish, but if the descriptions and colors on the website are going to be this different from reality, it may be my last.

Edited: I edit the review to reflect the rapid tip wear I am seeing after only 3 days, plus a big chip. I've not seen this with Jessica, Essie, Nubar, or Chanel polishes. I wonder if it specific to Maya, since I didn't have it with Maya Avril, which is a polish I like a lot.

on 7/8/2013 1:10:00 AM

I love this polish! It has such a fantastic jelly formula - levels out flawlessly, which makes doing multiple layers a breeze, and is so glossy. Two layers is pretty if you don't mind visible nail line, but three will make it almost completely opaque. I also usually slap this on without a base or top coat, and it lasts days! If only all formulas were this dreamy!

It's a perfect, flattering pink-coral, bright but not searing and so summery. It reminds me of a fruity cocktail. I am not a pink person, and this has just enough kick to overcome that.

on 8/29/2012 6:02:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I'm really loving this polish, especially heading into summer :) It is a beautiful bright, almost kinda neon bright, but not quite. It is a pinky/coral colour, very summery and very pretty.

The formula was really nice, I found it a little opaque at 2 coats, so I went for three, which I preferred. It is always a gamble for me doing 3 coats at night before bed, as often I will get sheet marks in the morning because all the layers haven't dried properly, but this was great. (I used opi fast dry top coat as well).

It did have a bit of a funky smell, which was a bit strange, but I haven't used many zoya polishes before, so perhaps it is just the zoya smell?

I do really love it though, I can see myself wearing it lots and it really flatters my pale skin tone and doesn't look weirdly bright against my skin, even though it is quite a bright colour. Day 2 and its wearing well so far too, no chips or tipwear, so I'm happy :) ETA, I wore this for a full week and it had no chips and only minor tipwear when I took it off, thrilled with that! I think this will be my fav colour this summer.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a gorgeous, soft, lush coral. I bought it with the intent to use it on my toes as I love bright colors for pedicures. However, after I swatched it on my thumb I was so in love with the color that I did a full mani with it. I don't normally lean toward bright colors on my hands but I think the jelly formula softens the shade and reduces the contrast with my skin tone. It's extremely flattering.

The formula on this is amazing. Super easy to apply, very forgiving and self-leveling. Holds up well to boot.

As to the color, I wouldn't put it into the "pink" category at all. It's definitely a coral - you can see some orange and some pink, but it's coral. If you mixed the flesh of a cantaloupe with the translucence of a ripe, red watermelon, you'd get something like Maya. Really, really pretty color for both hands and feet.

on 3/13/2012 1:40:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the first color from Zoya I have ever used, so I wasn't sure what to expect formula/brush wise. This particular color is a very nice coral, although it is a bit sheer, which I was not expecting. It is definitely a 3-coater for me to get the color I want.

I find that the brush is very small and stiff, which I do not like. I like using this color on my toes and the small brush makes it easy on the smaller toes, but a bit of a pain on the big toe.

All in all, this is a nice polish and color, but I don't think I would buy again due to the brush.

on 1/24/2012 9:43:00 AM

Best jelly ever! Great formula - not streaky, even and level in 2 coats. Gorgeous soft coral/pink/melon shade that's bright yet soft somehow.

Love it

on 8/24/2011 7:33:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

A pretty pinkish coral with a jelly-ish finish. It was exactly the shade I was hoping for! I wanted to love this so much but it was a little odd in terms of formula. It's kinda sheer, but that's normal for a jelly. Somehow this seems to dry much slower than other polishes such that I am always messing this up. You also have to wait until it dries completely to layer over it (as I tried to do with Rica and ended up with a fail of a drag and mess). The one time I got it on properly, I did love the color and the shine! Overall though I had trouble applying it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I do find this colour to be very pretty, however; I do not think there's anything particularly special about it. Maybe it's because most of my nail polish collection consists of pink, pink, and more pink. I was expecting this colour to be a bit more peachier/orange. It is listed as a a coral-pink. The website says it is a "semi-opaque bright pink coral with tangerine undertones." I honestly don't see the 'coral' or 'tangerine' in it. I like Zoya nail polishes a lot. I think they're great quality, they dry quickly, they apply evenly, and they have a great colour selection. I'm not knocking this polish, I do like the colour, it just wasn't the colour I was expecting. I will note that it does look very nice with my tanned skin. But I wouldn't buy it again, because I feel that I have so many pink polishes that mimic this shade.

on 6/19/2011 4:14:00 PM

LOVE this colour. It's a pinky coral with a jelly-type application (so it does have a slight learning curve).

Zoya does magnificent formulas and this colour is definitely a must buy!

Popular Polishes