October 30, 2014 | 1349 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - Intense i-Color Eye Shadow smoky-i for browns

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by jadefly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a very pretty palette of colors tailored for brown eyes, great for professional settings. The powders are soft and silky with medium intensity pigment. I applied without eyeshadow primer, but didn't notice any creasing or smearing. My only complaint would be that the surface of one of the shadows crumbled with my very first application, so I had some fallout on the very first day! I hope it's a good quality compact that will last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by MsAubs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I recently bought this eyeshadow after eyeballing it (no pun intended) for a couple of months. I put the eyeshadow on my eyes and it was fairly pigmented but not as smokey as I thought it would be. I dipped my brushes into eye drops (in place of MAC's Fix+) and dipped the brushes into the eyeshadow. They were so much more pigmented! I love the eyeshadow trios so much and would buy all of them if I could! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Highly pigmented shades. Lasts well even without primer. Doesn't crease. Love the package showing how to apply. ZERO fall out. This trio really looks fantastic on my brown eyes. On my "lazy days" I just apply the main bronze shade to lid, throw on mascara and go. Can't think of any negatives. I know Almay is quite unpoular on MUA but they work for me and I think I'm fairly picky. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Mguthrie0206

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I positively love this eye shadow! It is gorgeous and doesn't crease on my lids. Will definitely buy again! Perfect for everyday wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2013 6:16:00 AM More reviews by NitaJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had never used a product by Almay before but I noticed it on special at my local pharamcy and was told by the make up consultant that Almay caters for sensitive eyes so I decided to buy it. I was very impressed! It comes on easily and stays on throughout the day and what I love most about it is the lovely soft texture. Everytime I use it women compliment it and ask what brand it is. I also really like the packaging and the guide they give at the back on how to apply it. I do have one complaint however, I was told Almay caters for sensitive eyes but this eye shadow does irritate my eyes a little sometimes and makes my eyes itchy and water, however I like this eyeshadow so much that I am willing to put up with a little irriation now and then.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by anonsensical

I love this set - I love Almay's shadows in general, actually :)

I need fool-proof stuff when it comes to shadows and this definitely offers that. The packaging is neat and lays out at a glance the commended way to put the shadow on, and I find it easy to apply and go before my day.

The colours are just right - the brown really brings out my eyes, and the highlight is perfect to lighten the whole look. Not as sure about the purple but it's a good accent colour.

Only downside is that as time goes on the shadow spreads about a bit in the container, but it hasn't affected the quality of the lightest shadow so far.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

I am normally not a big eye-shadow wearer, mostly because my eyelids don't show much (not due to age, just the way it has always been). Because my eyelids are more deep set than some, there are only a few eye-shadows I've tried that don't transfer and crease severely, to come out looking like a muddy mess after a few hours. Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips and Almay Intense i-Color Eye Shadow for browns are the exceptions to my otherwise, steer-clear rule. I like the color choices in this palette, and it takes only a small bit to do the job. It can be applied lightly for a hint of subtle color or built up for the smokey-eyed look. Prior to buying this product, I dared not go for the smokey-eye look because I didn't want to look like someone punched me in the eye. These colors, because they are designed to complement one's eye color, don't give me the "scare" of choosing decent colors on my own. I would definitely recommend this product, also, because the instructions on how to apply it are easy to follow (eye shadow are among the few cosmetics where it is easy to go wrong without proper technique). I also use Almay's matching mascara from this line. It's great on sensitive eyes that don't tolerate other mascaras all that well. Kudos to Almay!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by nix19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this online without getting to try it. Almay has no presence in the Philippines so it was only available online.

On my NC 30-35 Asian Skin, these colors are GREAT! It complements me very well. I especially love the purple part, it's a dusty purple.

I love the pigmentation and the creaminess of the formulation. I see these colors are universally appealing and can fit anyone.

It's a must have! The colors are a true staple. It can be worn from day to night.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by duchy13

This was fantastic, loved the colours, they complemented my eyes very well. The formula of the eye shadow was lovely and velvety with good pigment.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this for free in a contest so I can't complain about the price ;) But regardless, I think Almay is an inexpensive brand. I like that they're also gentle on your skin and hypoallergenic. Nothing scented here. I used the palette for a night out and it gave a nice subtle smoky eye. If you're looking for bold I wouldn't look here. The colors worked well for my brown eyes, which tend to look honey-ish colored or even green sometimes depending on what I'm wearing. I can see this working for many eye and skin tone colors though. The palette makes it easy to use and see where you should place shadow, and they could be used separately as well. Overall a decent shadow.