April 17, 2014 | 925 users online

Shampoo - Garnier - Pure-Clean

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Fawfaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this shampoo once and I will never use it again. Before I used conditioner I could tell it was a bad shampoo. I would not recommend it to ANYONE! Even if it is biodegradable, it's an awful shampoo. I didn't even feel like I washed my hair. It felt gross. Never again. Waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by SM824star

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This product worked great for the first, hmm, say 2 and half months. I get very greasy roots and i thought maybe this would help, and it does. If you are looking for a clarifying shampoo to cleanse your hair from styling products and heat after a week or something, this isnt the right product. I do love the scent of this, its a very clean semi-fruity scent. The packaging is okay except for the cap, its can be quite stubborn and is exceptionally good at chipping nail polish. This was around 3 or 4 dollars, so its very affordable. Now to the bad part. It dried my scalp out, not my hair. It dried it out so much that i know have scabs on my head, and its not lice or any bigs, because they are not itchy and i looked into this. I'm not sure of anyone else has experience this. Now i have to buy products to go get rid of that. WARNING: DO NOT BUY THIS!!!!!1

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After washing my hair with this atrocity of a shampoo I will now need at least two deep oiling treatments to recover from this thing that is supposed to be a shampoo but acts like pure dishsoap. I would have had more moisture by washing my hair with a bottle of Mr. Clean. My hair was in great condition before using this piece of garbage and now I will have to spend the night sleeping with a coconut mask on in hopes of detangling the rats nest of doom this thing created with my hair. Yes, After I shampooed I used a Very deep conditioner (Loreal, not garnier and it normally makes my hair super soft, but not after using this shampoo first.)

I only bought this because I was looking for a fragrance free, dye free shampoo without Gluten, what I got was every stinking bit of moisture in my hair removed and replaced with straw. Yes, it really is not an exaggeration. I'm even writing Garnier and I've never ever submitted a formal complaint to a company before. Serious damage to my hair.

WORST SHAMPOO EVER MADE. DO NOT BUY THIS unless you have to remove grease from your hair. It may do a better job than dawn dishwashing detergent.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by NARSnerd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a very inexpensive clarifying shampoo that does an awesome job at really making your hair feel clean and removes any build up of product. At under 4 dollars this stuff is a total bargain and it also smells great! I'm very pleased to have this in my hair care routine, I use it once a week or bi weekly. Highly recommend giving this a try!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Potatomonk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I saw this in stores, it looked amazing! A biodegradable, lightweight shampoo! Perfect for my extremely oily and dull hair! That is, until I tried it. It smells great, but made my hair dirtier than before! It weighed it down, made it feel sticky and gross, and didn't clean my hair at all! Isn't that what a shampoo is SUPPOSED to do? Sure it is a conditioning shampoo, but it should have still cleaned by hair. This shampoo is just terrible, and I wouldn't even recommend it to the driest of hair. Possibly if your hair was fried and straw like, but even then it might get sticky and tacky. Don't try this, you'll save yourself a couple bucks and not have to go through a day of what I, and many others who tried this had to.

Good luck finding other shampoos!
Take care!
:-)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by JessyOC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Was looking for a natural shampoo just to get my hair clean; no volume, non-frizzy, color care stuff etc. It was pretty cheap. Claims no silicone, no parabens, no dyes, 94% biodegradable and it smelled REALLY nice to start off. Very fresh and clean green apple smell, which is the ONLY reason why I'm bumping my rating to a 2.

My first time using this, it took quite a long time to dry. In fact, it didn't really get to where it felt dry because it felt like I hadn't washed my hair in two days. My ends were really dry, but my roots felt super greasy. Since it was bogo, I had used the matching conditioner and figured maybe I didn't use enough on my ends and too much on my roots. Well I continued to use the shampoo and conditioner for a couple more days. Each time I used it I noticed more fall out than usual, enough to clog up my shower with every wash. My scalp started to get itchy and I started to get dandruff, which I've never had an issue with before.

I had only been using this product maybe four days and my hair still doesn't feel quite right. Definitely would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

While I would never use this shampoo everyday, I do find it to be a very nice clarifying shampoo. It is pretty drying but I find that is removes all of the built up residue that can be left behind from hair styling products. I use it about once a week to once every other week on the same day that I do a hair mask to put all the moisture back in to my hair that the shampoo removed. As a clarifying shampoo, I think this does a really nice job but if you are looking for a shampoo for daily/normal use, I would try something else.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Mom2Free

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For reference, my hair is just past my shoulders; its straight and fine but I have a good amount of it. I found this shampoo to be pretty drying. It is definitely not something I could use for everyday. I've started using it once a week and will do so until I use it up. I also use it to clean my makeup brushes and for that purpose it works very well.

Overall, this did not work for me and I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by SandraDeee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I usually love Garnier hair products so when this came out I thought I might as well give it a try. I got the conditioner and the shampoo.

I have pretty normal, fine, hair. It tends to lean on the oily side more than dry.

This totally dried out my hair. I mean it turned my hair into straw, took away what little volume I usually have. To make things even better this smells terrible. The shampoo was alright, but the conditioner smells like acetone. The conditioner also feels terrible. It has a very slimy feeling even after you rinse your hair for a while.

I won't be buying this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Mysterygirl

I would have liked it better if I'd bought a smaller size of Pure Clean shampoo. I'm not liking this shampoo and I have so much left. I feel that it doesn't really clean your scalp well and I don't understand what they mean when they claim the shampoo is fortifying. Like with other shampoos, I lose a lot of my hair when using this. (This may be more due to my hair than the shampoo, I am not sure). My hair doesn't seem stronger after using this for months.

What's good about this product is that it is free from parabens, sulfates, and dyes. Also, the shampoo is 94% biodegradable and the packaging is made of 50% recycled materials. The scent is good - a constant with Garnier shampoos. I would not recommend this to friends. Will not buy again.