November 24, 2014 | 951 users online

Shampoo - Garnier - Pure-Clean

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by savmontano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was terrible I thought it would be good at first because it said it was biodegradable and what not but it doesn't even clean my scalp! i washed my hair with this and after an hour there was a huge gunk of oil on the back of my head. So i washed it again and there was still a gunk! Never buying this again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like that this bottle packaging encourages buyers to recycle. In my case I recycle a lot in my neighborhood :)
Did a decent clean- but I wouldn't say it left my hair very clean. It feels kind of oily with build up left behind...
I am going to finish the bottle as its halflway and will not repurchase this product. Will recycle the bottle though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by sagestewart

Before I rave about this product, I need to state that I had very bad dandruff and seborrhea. Medicated shampoos failed, other organic and ethical shampoos made it worse, and I was getting to the point I thought people saw my hair and were questioning if I had nits.

I started using it because I had run out of shampoo and was sold on the biodegradable. For the price, I figured it was worth a shot.

The first few uses were murder on my hair, giving it the comb ability of a wet mop, but it gradually got better as my hair adapted and lost all the gunk from previous shampoos (my hair freaks out every time I switch shampoos though). It's now most definitely softer and has more body, and I can brush it with ease. The downside are the fly aways that are no longer weighed down with residue, hence my using the serum. My hair is healthier than it's ever been. The best part is that I don't have the seborrhea and dandruff anymore! Getting rid of the residues from other shampoos was the trick for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All the of the reviews for this product are on target. I thought it was such a steal for a large bottle. So when you start using it, its awesome! it gets your hair super clean but after weeks of using it, it stops working. It just doesn't know how to remove the build up anymore. And you'll know what i mean. You'll feel like your hair isn't that clean and light, the way its suppose to be after using a cleansing shampoo. And after many used, I found that my scalp was super dry and very irritated. It smells great but just didn't work for my head.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Fawfaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this shampoo once and I will never use it again. Before I used conditioner I could tell it was a bad shampoo. I would not recommend it to ANYONE! Even if it is biodegradable, it's an awful shampoo. I didn't even feel like I washed my hair. It felt gross. Never again. Waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by SM824star

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This product worked great for the first, hmm, say 2 and half months. I get very greasy roots and i thought maybe this would help, and it does. If you are looking for a clarifying shampoo to cleanse your hair from styling products and heat after a week or something, this isnt the right product. I do love the scent of this, its a very clean semi-fruity scent. The packaging is okay except for the cap, its can be quite stubborn and is exceptionally good at chipping nail polish. This was around 3 or 4 dollars, so its very affordable. Now to the bad part. It dried my scalp out, not my hair. It dried it out so much that i know have scabs on my head, and its not lice or any bigs, because they are not itchy and i looked into this. I'm not sure of anyone else has experience this. Now i have to buy products to go get rid of that. WARNING: DO NOT BUY THIS!!!!!1

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After washing my hair with this atrocity of a shampoo I will now need at least two deep oiling treatments to recover from this thing that is supposed to be a shampoo but acts like pure dishsoap. I would have had more moisture by washing my hair with a bottle of Mr. Clean. My hair was in great condition before using this piece of garbage and now I will have to spend the night sleeping with a coconut mask on in hopes of detangling the rats nest of doom this thing created with my hair. Yes, After I shampooed I used a Very deep conditioner (Loreal, not garnier and it normally makes my hair super soft, but not after using this shampoo first.)

I only bought this because I was looking for a fragrance free, dye free shampoo without Gluten, what I got was every stinking bit of moisture in my hair removed and replaced with straw. Yes, it really is not an exaggeration. I'm even writing Garnier and I've never ever submitted a formal complaint to a company before. Serious damage to my hair.

WORST SHAMPOO EVER MADE. DO NOT BUY THIS unless you have to remove grease from your hair. It may do a better job than dawn dishwashing detergent.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by NARSnerd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a very inexpensive clarifying shampoo that does an awesome job at really making your hair feel clean and removes any build up of product. At under 4 dollars this stuff is a total bargain and it also smells great! I'm very pleased to have this in my hair care routine, I use it once a week or bi weekly. Highly recommend giving this a try!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Potatomonk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I saw this in stores, it looked amazing! A biodegradable, lightweight shampoo! Perfect for my extremely oily and dull hair! That is, until I tried it. It smells great, but made my hair dirtier than before! It weighed it down, made it feel sticky and gross, and didn't clean my hair at all! Isn't that what a shampoo is SUPPOSED to do? Sure it is a conditioning shampoo, but it should have still cleaned by hair. This shampoo is just terrible, and I wouldn't even recommend it to the driest of hair. Possibly if your hair was fried and straw like, but even then it might get sticky and tacky. Don't try this, you'll save yourself a couple bucks and not have to go through a day of what I, and many others who tried this had to.

Good luck finding other shampoos!
Take care!
:-)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by JessyOC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Was looking for a natural shampoo just to get my hair clean; no volume, non-frizzy, color care stuff etc. It was pretty cheap. Claims no silicone, no parabens, no dyes, 94% biodegradable and it smelled REALLY nice to start off. Very fresh and clean green apple smell, which is the ONLY reason why I'm bumping my rating to a 2.

My first time using this, it took quite a long time to dry. In fact, it didn't really get to where it felt dry because it felt like I hadn't washed my hair in two days. My ends were really dry, but my roots felt super greasy. Since it was bogo, I had used the matching conditioner and figured maybe I didn't use enough on my ends and too much on my roots. Well I continued to use the shampoo and conditioner for a couple more days. Each time I used it I noticed more fall out than usual, enough to clog up my shower with every wash. My scalp started to get itchy and I started to get dandruff, which I've never had an issue with before.

I had only been using this product maybe four days and my hair still doesn't feel quite right. Definitely would not repurchase.