Garnier Pure-Clean

2.8

I just used this shampoo for the first time, allured by the lack of toxic ingredients. Im not a chemistry expert, i wish i knew what was in this shampoo that gave me the reaction it did so i never ever use it again. After trying to blow dry my hair for a half an hour, (it was unusually a long time to dry for me) it looked as if i poured greasy oily pomade wax and coated my hair from root to end. I thought i was tired and imagining it, and tried to sleep, and had to force myself up to re-wash my hair with other shampoo i had. This shouldn't be allowed to sell to people.

I ran out of my usual shampoo, Rene Furterers Karite, and I borrowed some of my mom's. Big mistake. As soon as I washed it out, I could tell my hair was a clump of wet hay. I'm a deeeep conditioner kinda gal anyways, but I threw on three different types of conditioner just to be safe. As we speak, I have a mask on my head, which I'm going to leave on for at least two hours. I've never had my hair feel this bad after a shampoo. Read the label, and it has AMMONIUM LAURYL SULFATE as the second ingredient. I didn't even think any company still used that! Avoid like the plague!!!!!

Luckily, It wasn't I who bought this product. It smells good, its better for the environment, however it dried my hair out so badly.Instantly after I washed it out my hair felt dry and rough. However, it does get the hair clean.

This shampoo makes my hair feel like itb has been covered in wax. Its flat and heavy and just nit appealing at all. Not happy with this product at all.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not sure why this has such awful reviews! I love this stuff! This is a great clarifying shampoo that removes buildup but doesn't dry out my hair. It creates a rich, thick lather and doesn't leave my hair tangled or dry, just perfectly clean. My hair gets greasy very easily and I find that this keeps it clean and oil free for a lot longer than any other shampoo. This is the perfect balance of a shampoo between clean but not stripped. I have color-treated hair and this did not fade my color. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a good clarifying shampoo.

Glad they went all more natural and all..but this is a terrible product. At first i thought i loved it,the smell the lift in my hair...but not even twelve hours later it feels gucky...gross..can barely run my fingers through it. Very disapointed.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

love it so much.cleans well ,smells so good , it has a typical fructis scent with added more fresh clean and uplifting apple scent.it has a pure colorless formula a little bit watery texture but its ok.it's just a simply basic shampoo and it's silicone free.left my hair very clean&shiny and added more body&volume.i don't need added volume for my coarse straight hair but i love the way it cleans my hair.controlling the volume isn't an issue for me when i use conditioners or serums. also it doesn't make my hair frizzy.i haven't tried the matching conditioner yet.it should be labeled as volumizing shampoo.i highly recommend for those who wants real volumizing or simple shampoo.also it's biodegradable , deserves a big A+.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This product was terrible I thought it would be good at first because it said it was biodegradable and what not but it doesn't even clean my scalp! i washed my hair with this and after an hour there was a huge gunk of oil on the back of my head. So i washed it again and there was still a gunk! Never buying this again

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like that this bottle packaging encourages buyers to recycle. In my case I recycle a lot in my neighborhood :)
Did a decent clean- but I wouldn't say it left my hair very clean. It feels kind of oily with build up left behind...
I am going to finish the bottle as its halflway and will not repurchase this product. Will recycle the bottle though.

Before I rave about this product, I need to state that I had very bad dandruff and seborrhea. Medicated shampoos failed, other organic and ethical shampoos made it worse, and I was getting to the point I thought people saw my hair and were questioning if I had nits.

I started using it because I had run out of shampoo and was sold on the biodegradable. For the price, I figured it was worth a shot.

The first few uses were murder on my hair, giving it the comb ability of a wet mop, but it gradually got better as my hair adapted and lost all the gunk from previous shampoos (my hair freaks out every time I switch shampoos though). It's now most definitely softer and has more body, and I can brush it with ease. The downside are the fly aways that are no longer weighed down with residue, hence my using the serum. My hair is healthier than it's ever been. The best part is that I don't have the seborrhea and dandruff anymore! Getting rid of the residues from other shampoos was the trick for me.