September 21, 2014 | 1986 users online

Liquid - Mary Kay - Time Wise Matte Wear Liquid Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by CurvesAhead

I have found that this Matte wear foundation keeps my oil at bay even longer than a mineral powder foundation! I love it! And for being such a thin formula, I was surprised at the coverage of it! Though it's not a full coverage foundation I like it because I have rosacea and I just have a little pink glow coming from underneath, but the tone is perfectly even looking! Love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by suzydw1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation for over three months and loving it. I was using Lorac foundation and not very happy with it, so of course I was pleasantly surprised to find that the $22 Mary Kay worked better for me than my $38 Lorac. I have acne-prone skin, and so far, the foundation hasn't made me break out any more than I do-occasional blemish here and there. I love how smooth my skin feels-not oily or greasy. I use a stippling brush to apply, and then apply Mary Kay's translucent powder over it. It lasts a good 8 hours for me, sometimes a bit shorter if it's super-humid and I'm outside sweating. One of the best things about it is that it matches my skin EXACTLY. Yay for not having that line on my jaw! The packaging could use some work. I wish it was a pump. :)
I love how it barely has a scent. I CAN'T stand heavily-scented foundations like Chanel's. That about sums it up. I would recommend this to my friends for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by ASH1337

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite foundation I've ever tried. My skin is very sensitive and usually breaks out with prolonged use of foundations and powders and stuff, but MK doesn't cause me any reactions or irritations! Each tube is priced at $20, which is very reasonable for skin makeup. I also like the tube packaging. It's so easy and convenient for just carrying around in my makeup bag. I have not spilled any product yet.

I just apply this using my hands rather than a brush or sponge. Underneath, I use Monistat anti-chafing gel as a primer. It stays matte for about 6 hours, but of course, grease is inevitable. Touch up with powder or blotting sheets, and you'll be good to go again. I currently use Beige 4 since I have my summer tan, but for the rest of the year, I use beige 2. I am NC25-30 for reference.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by stolenangel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is a pretty good one. It has easily buildable coverage and seems to take care of all of my imperfections and believe me, I have a lot of them.

I wear this in Beige 3 for light cool undertones. This is the ONLY foundation I have ever found to match my skin tone, thus that is one of the main reasons for such a high rating.

It is pretty matte and I would like something a little more luminous but have not been able to ever find such a foundation (that would match my skin tone) as such.

I will keep purchasing for the fact that is covers imperfections and matches my skin tone.

If anyone knows of a luminous foundation with buildable coverage that matches Beige 3 in Mary Kay foundation, please let me know :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Koolkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bottom Line: good foundation for my oily/acne prone complexion, matched perfectly to my skin

Let it be known I'm not a foundation junkie and normally stick to uneducated drug store selections.

The first time I used this, it was actually my aunt and MK consultant (big wig actually) that applied it along with all of the other MK products (pore refining primer, concealer, everything eye, and lipstick) and it was bar none the best makeover I've ever had (well there's only been a few). I should have had her do my wedding make up (and I had air-brush that day)! It was for a wedding and it wore really really well all night long and I felt like a million bucks.

She matched it so perfectly to my skin tone that I noticed immediately it was dramatic change from what I had been wearing. And perhaps I'm swayed by the fact that she matched it so perfectly becuase I have had a couple department store matches not work out nearly as well and I have no idea how to pick out my own colors at the drugstore.

It's not really a true matte as others have said, its just a standard foundation formula from I can tell. It just doesn't have any shimmer or brightener, which is fine by my oily complexion anyway. It blends on beautifully and tries in the perfect amount of time. It's not very thick but does a good job of covering redness without being cakey.

I don't know why it's in the Timewise collection because I don't thinkg there are any age fighting ingredients in it. I'm 30 and it seems to be just like any other foundation I've tried, I suppose MK has an older clientele (not offending anyone) and want to market it that way?

I wish it was in a pump rather than tube, but at least that's better than an open top bottle like most drug store brands, so that I can squeeze it out to the back of my hand and use my beauty blender to put it on without using touching my fingers to it or my face. And its a bit pricey but she did give me a 15% discount, so that made up for it. And its priceless to have a perfectly matched color.

And I don't know if I've just been better with my skin care routine (I also bought the micro derm abrasion and switched to Cetaphil at the same time), but its not affected my acne at all. In fact since I've started using it, my face has gotten clearer.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Alyseh

I feel like when I am wearing this foundation there is sparkles all over my face. I was breaking out in these tiny little bumps all over my skin and as soon as I stopped using this product my skin started getting better! This product didn't last long especially when I need it too.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2014 2:57:00 AM More reviews by LockMorgan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

The only reason I got this foundation was because I wanted to support a friend who had recently become a rep, and not gonna lie, I almost regret this purchase, not that others won't like it though. It's mostly just my skin being my skin.
First, the good though, and I never thought I'd say this, but the colour selection for this foundation is actually really good. I have very warm undertones so I have trouble finding foundations that are yellow enough, but Beige 1 was perfect for me (in revlon colorstay I'm Buff). However, that's about where the good stuff for me ends.
It clogs my pores, so by the time I take it off at the end of the day, I have generally about 8 new whiteheads. It's actually kinda ridiculous. At first I tried convincing myself that it wasn't the foundation, but it is.
It doesn't last very long on me, maybe 5 hours. With primer and consistent blotting, 8 hours. That just isn't enough for me, I need my foundations to last 10+ hours. It also doesn't really keep me matte, and I'd say even right after I apply it, it has more of a satin finish.
Also, it has light to medium but buildable coverage, but for how expensive it was, I don't want to be using tons of foundation to cover my acne blemishes and scarring.
So in summary, it's just not the best for me, especially not for the price. I'll use it up, but I won't repurchase, there are simply foundations that are far better for far less at the drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Kellitor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First of all, I would like to state that I was very pressured into buying this product- even though I didn't even want it. I walked away from the sale genuinely feeling disoriented and when I realized what I had done, annoyed. I didn't need this foundation- I had a perfectly good foundation at home!
Regardless though, I gave it a whirl. I like trying new products. When I started using the foundation, I disliked it greatly. It settled into my fine lines (which is horrifying to someone who is only twenty-two, mind you) and it wouldn't "blend" into my face as flawlessly as I liked.
Then I started experimenting.
When I started mixing this product with a little moisturizer, I discovered it made the most beautiful tinted moisturizer I had ever encountered. And Thus began my love affair.
I started using this tinted moisturizer blend for myself every single morning, until I got a new foundation brush.
Now I have discovered that this product should NEVER be used with a sponge- it lends itself much more nicely to a stippling brush. I still prefer my Revlon ColorStay for day-to-day use (only because it has an SPF in it). However, this is my go-to foundation if I am going to get photographed, nighttime, or if I am going to be indoors all day.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 5:53:00 AM More reviews by beccaw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Finding a foundation that is suitable past age 40 has been a real challenge. So far, nothing drugstore has looked decent. Everything has caked and glaringly emphasized lines in a horrible way. This is the first higher end foundation I've tried since my skin became "mature" lol. For now, it is temporary HG status. Temporary because it dries my skin somewhat, but mostly because ordering through a mary kay rep is a pain in the butt. But HG because it looks fabulous! Covers very well, blends easily(apply in small sections to blend quickly, it dries fast!), has good staying power, and most importantly doesn't emphasize smile lines and eye lines. The coverage is almost as good as revlon colorstay, which was my HG foundation for many years until I got wrinkles and it had to be retired. It comes in a tube, which I am liking much more than the old colorstay glass bottle! Also, a little goes a long way, so I feel that I'm getting a good value even though the cost was a little more than what I'm used to.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by TessaEncinas

Honestly, I dont like this foundation. I wanted a matte foundation with good coverage and to make my skin look very healthy. Im not sure why, but the mary kay lady i went to told me this would be good for me.. I am in my teen years and clearly dont need a time wise foundation.. but anyways, it makes me skin looook so dry and flaky. It does come with a lot of product and has okay packaging but if you have dry/combo skin.. this isnt for you.