April 20, 2014 | 1650 users online

Liquid - Mary Kay - Time Wise Matte Wear Liquid Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2014 2:57:00 AM More reviews by LockMorgan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

The only reason I got this foundation was because I wanted to support a friend who had recently become a rep, and not gonna lie, I almost regret this purchase, not that others won't like it though. It's mostly just my skin being my skin.
First, the good though, and I never thought I'd say this, but the colour selection for this foundation is actually really good. I have very warm undertones so I have trouble finding foundations that are yellow enough, but Beige 1 was perfect for me (in revlon colorstay I'm Buff). However, that's about where the good stuff for me ends.
It clogs my pores, so by the time I take it off at the end of the day, I have generally about 8 new whiteheads. It's actually kinda ridiculous. At first I tried convincing myself that it wasn't the foundation, but it is.
It doesn't last very long on me, maybe 5 hours. With primer and consistent blotting, 8 hours. That just isn't enough for me, I need my foundations to last 10+ hours. It also doesn't really keep me matte, and I'd say even right after I apply it, it has more of a satin finish.
Also, it has light to medium but buildable coverage, but for how expensive it was, I don't want to be using tons of foundation to cover my acne blemishes and scarring.
So in summary, it's just not the best for me, especially not for the price. I'll use it up, but I won't repurchase, there are simply foundations that are far better for far less at the drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Kellitor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First of all, I would like to state that I was very pressured into buying this product- even though I didn't even want it. I walked away from the sale genuinely feeling disoriented and when I realized what I had done, annoyed. I didn't need this foundation- I had a perfectly good foundation at home!
Regardless though, I gave it a whirl. I like trying new products. When I started using the foundation, I disliked it greatly. It settled into my fine lines (which is horrifying to someone who is only twenty-two, mind you) and it wouldn't "blend" into my face as flawlessly as I liked.
Then I started experimenting.
When I started mixing this product with a little moisturizer, I discovered it made the most beautiful tinted moisturizer I had ever encountered. And Thus began my love affair.
I started using this tinted moisturizer blend for myself every single morning, until I got a new foundation brush.
Now I have discovered that this product should NEVER be used with a sponge- it lends itself much more nicely to a stippling brush. I still prefer my Revlon ColorStay for day-to-day use (only because it has an SPF in it). However, this is my go-to foundation if I am going to get photographed, nighttime, or if I am going to be indoors all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 5:53:00 AM More reviews by beccaw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Finding a foundation that is suitable past age 40 has been a real challenge. So far, nothing drugstore has looked decent. Everything has caked and glaringly emphasized lines in a horrible way. This is the first higher end foundation I've tried since my skin became "mature" lol. For now, it is temporary HG status. Temporary because it dries my skin somewhat, but mostly because ordering through a mary kay rep is a pain in the butt. But HG because it looks fabulous! Covers very well, blends easily(apply in small sections to blend quickly, it dries fast!), has good staying power, and most importantly doesn't emphasize smile lines and eye lines. The coverage is almost as good as revlon colorstay, which was my HG foundation for many years until I got wrinkles and it had to be retired. It comes in a tube, which I am liking much more than the old colorstay glass bottle! Also, a little goes a long way, so I feel that I'm getting a good value even though the cost was a little more than what I'm used to.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by TessaEncinas

Honestly, I dont like this foundation. I wanted a matte foundation with good coverage and to make my skin look very healthy. Im not sure why, but the mary kay lady i went to told me this would be good for me.. I am in my teen years and clearly dont need a time wise foundation.. but anyways, it makes me skin looook so dry and flaky. It does come with a lot of product and has okay packaging but if you have dry/combo skin.. this isnt for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 8:06:00 AM More reviews by xsharmine

I've been using this for about 3 months now. I love the fact that it provides wonderful coverage but doesn't oil up my skin like how my BB creams do. I think this foundation works pretty well for sensitive skin (my skin is ultra sensitive & it didn't cause me rashes or burns etc) but I get break out after using them. Also, if I apply loose/compact powder on top of this foundation, it'll open all my pores on the T zone & it is really ugly when that happens. I usually wear a moisturizer sunscreen under it & that makes it easier to remove at the end of the day. I'm still unsure if it gave me break outs or not. Also unsure if I should apply it directly on bare face or not.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by jeanniewalker

I am a 41 year old female. I have a very hard time with foundation of any kind. Most foundation seems to melt right off my face. I have tried so many different kinds of foundation I could open my own store.(but who would buy used products) I have tried primers, different kinds of moisturizers. This is the first foundation I have tried/used that has made my complexion look great. No break outs for me. I'm using combination to oily skin Beige 4. I love the color selection. It last most of the day. It isn't a 16hr day foundation. But it does what it needs to do for me. I do a touch up at the end of the work day if I have anywhere to go. With the tube it slips right into my purse with no bulk. I do not use this alone. Instead of using face powder to set it I use avon minerals on top. It gives a flawless finish. I do love this foundation. Will continue to buy again and again. I have been using this now for 9 months.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by CarolRentes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this foundation. The coverage is great and they have a fair price (at least here in Brazil, where it costs approximately twenty dollars while in a Lancome foundation for instance you will pay almost hundred and ten dollars). Besides the good price and the nice coverage, between medium and full in my opinion (buildable), it has a wide variety of colors and doesn't smells bad like some others...
For the cons, I just find the definition "matte finish" a little exagerated... It's not shiny, but isn't matte either. The second thing I don't like about this product is that it doesn't last more than 3 or 4 hours, expecially during summer. But i think that in a country hot and humid as mine, almost every foundation will have the same problems.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 7:27:00 AM More reviews by fifi888

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this makeup. For those of you who LOVED Revlon's Mattifyling Makeup (which unfortunately was discontinued a few years back) this Mary Kay Timewise Matte foundation comes very close. It is not quite as watery as Revlon's Mattifying. It comes in a tube and is rather thin but definitely not watery. It gives me very good coverage without looking cakey. No powder needed. Makes my face feel very soft and not "makeup-y".

I use moisturizer under it now (winter) - may not need to in the hot summer. It is somewhat build-able but you have to work fast before it dries. I have found that it is better if I apply my concealer before applying the foundation. If I wait until after the makeup has dried the concealer doesn't go on as well.

I will buy this again, but may try a different color. A co-worker started selling Mary Kay and gave me several samples. I decided on Beige 2 but now it seems to be a little too yellow.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by lizette8816

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This liquid foundation works for me.. keeps my skin glow with medium coverage, i cant go out without wearing this thing.. love it

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by lashandbrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If you want pimples, then this product is for you!

Also, if you want people asking why you are wearing so much foundation, then this product is for you!

Impossible to blend and looks like cake.