The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Cyclopentasiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Cyclohexasiloxane (Chelating Agent), Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate (Absorbent/Anticaking Agent), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer (Viscosity Increasing Agent), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Acrylamide/Ammonium Acrylate Copolymer (Binder), Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Polyisobutene (Binder), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Salix Alba Bark Extract (Natural Additive), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Sorbitan Isostearate (Emulsifier), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Limonene (Natural Additive), Laureth-4 (Emulsifier/Surfactant), Citral (Natural Additive), Leptospermum Petersonii Oil (Natural Additive), Tocopherol (Antioxidant).

I have oily skin, I thought it'd suit to my skin. But, after I applied it on my face I got breaks out on my face. I used to apply it for 2 weeks but my skin got worse :'(

I would not repurchase this product :(

Now, I dont apply any moisturizer on my face and its much better than apply it on. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I can't say that this moisturizer has done anything to treat my acne(hence why I knocked off 1 hippie), however I have been using it under my foundation for a few months now and I am quite impressed with it. I have very oily skin and whenever I use this under my foundation, my skin stays matte for 8 hours +. It has not caused any breakouts which is a plus. I love the scent of tea tree oil, however, I know many people are irritated by it. I find the scent fades about 10 minutes after application. I reccomend this product for anyone with acne prone/ sensitive / oily skin. Will definitely be repurchasing !

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I never had a lot of acne to begin with, but my face does get oily quickly. This mattifies my face and keeps the shine away for hours! It also gives me a cooling sensation when I aplly it on my face, which is nice too. It is a little expensive... but it does actually give results.

My first review ever! I had to write one this product has seriously improved my skin.
First off my skin is:
- super oily
- very sensitive
- acne prone
I'm 21 years old and Asian
It leaves my face matte , firm ,and smooth a little dry around my nose during the first month of using it but now my skin has adjusted I have not had a single breakout after the first month of using it.
I had a wrinkle in the middle of my brows from the oily deposites in my skin settling the oil into my wrinkle:( but now it's totally gone
I no longer wear full liquid foundation with a full coverage powder and concealer, now I only need a little concealer for redness around my nose as well as eye bags and a light powder to even my skin. Total life saver! I paired it with the tea tree night acne fade lotion also from body shop!

Always go back to this.

So first off, I have really dry skin, but I also have large pores on my cheeks..I love anything with tea tree, because I actually (unlike most people) love the smell. I've been using this on and off over the years but always go back to it because I love it. I cannot use the entire line of tee tree products because that would be wayyy to drying to my skin, and even using this by itself can be very drying, however, I use my normal facial lotion for sensitive/dry skin and mix it with this lotion and it is sooo nice and refreshing on my face and does not dry me out. just helps keep everything matte and the tea tree is very soothing. I just keep coming back to it.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I'm on the fence about this product. I like that it doesn't break me out and I like that it mattifies my skin after application, but I have to be very careful with what I do to my skin beforehand. I cannot exfoliate or use a clay mask if I want to use this as it will turn my face red and make my skin really irritated. and I should note that I would not describe my skin as being particularly sensitive.

I mostly use this in place of a regular moisturizer when my skin is acting up. would not recommend if you have dry skin unless you use it as a spot treatment, but there are other much more effective spot treatments out there for acne. I don't find that this really helps to clear my skin so much as it just doesn't make it worse.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Edit- so every since I started using my tazorac my skin has gotten even oilier which i never thought was possible and this product sadly doesn't work for me anymore. It's like when I wash my face now Im still oily( I feel a thick greasy film over my face because of the tazorac that just won't go away). But if your an oiky skinned gal it's still worth a try

I used to get a lot of zits but using this really cleared all of them up. The price is actually a bit much but one squeeze can already be used for the entire face and can last for a long time. I don't like the cap of the bottle bec it gives me a hard time squeezing the lotion out especially when the lotion has only a little amount left. But all in all it's still a great product and my skin feels great after using it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After reading some very good reviews, I decided to buy this product but was very disappointed. It claims to be hydrating but it really dried out parts of my skin, it broke me out and it really didn't help with my oil control. The only thing I liked about it was the fact that it mattified the face after application, but this didn't last long on my very oily skin. I definitely won't be buying this again I'm afraid.

I would describe my skin as normal, but it gets drier during winter and after use of cleanser. This product is directed towards oily skin, so I figured that it might not work for me. However, I realised that normal moisturizing creams , like the ones you get in jars, are usually not fully absorded by my skin and therefore there is excess moisture.

I thought of trying this product since it was a gel formula and thus, less heavy and more soothing plus it contained tea tree oil which i hoped might help prevent breakouts or even help with red acne marks that I have here and there. I read many reviews on this product and heard that it was drying for some people, but I decided to give it a go since i could get it for 6euro with a 30% off coupon i had.

Pros
1) Easily absorded : This product is absorbed super fast after I apply it.
2) Texture:I really love the matte feeling i get after applying it. Skin feels velvety soft, as if you didn't just use a moisturiser.
3) Scent: Some people are not fond of scent or tea tree oil scent in particular, but I am very fond of it. It smells refreshing and hygienic,

Cons
1 )Unfortunately, as much as I wanted this to work, it did dry my skin. I realised that some areas on my skin would get a bit flaky after I application and even though my skin felt soft, I didn't feel moisturised.
2) I don't know if this happened to anyone else, but I noticed that whenever I use this product and put on sunscreen afterwards, the latter starts forming tiny white dots as if the product is drying out, which I definitely didn't like.

Packaging : Not too bad, but I would always prefer i pump, though I rarely come across one when it comes to moisturisers. At least it's not a jar. I figured that its cap doesn't fully close and there is a small opening unless i give it another push. It's fine though, since product doesn't run out and even if it does, it's just a bit of it and you can use it on your next application.

That said, I will attempt to use it more once the weather gets warmer and see whether it is better to use it during warmer seasons or if it's generally not working for me. Another idea could be to use another moisturiser, then put this on as a primer to get a more matte texture and proceed on using foundation. I haven't tried this yet, since I stopped wearing foundation but will give it a try when i get a new one.