July 28, 2014 | 1144 users online

Polishes - OPI - Austin-tatious Turquoise

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2014 2:59:00 AM More reviews by cutenaildezigns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This may not be the most unique color but oh my is it beautiful! I needed to apply 3 coats, which, as someone else previously stated, is okay because it dries pretty quick anyway. The 3 coats are worth it. It is GORGEOUS! You definitely need a color like this in your collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This polish has a beautiful turquoise with medium blue shimmer. Yes, it is extremely sheer and I use three coats to build up the color (which is why I gave it a 4). OPI dries quickly so it's not a problem, and it is so pretty....at some angles it looks blue, and then can change to a darker greenish-turquoise with a lot of sparkly shimmer. I find it to be very unique, and I love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Rawlins1

Let me start out by saying that I am an OPI lover, and I bought this polish on a whim, which I typically would never do! In the bottle, I thought it looked like a pretty color, maybe something unique, so I bought it! If I could go back, I would have picked something else! Some people may like it, but I am not a big fan of layering sheer colors like this over others. I did not realize how sheer it was when I bought it, and that it couldn't be built up to be opaque without showing VNL. It's just not what I was looking for or envisioning!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by dashindoll

Its simple this color is beautiful if you're willing to work with it. The formula is sheer but totally buildable. First coat is just a wash of color 2nd coat is is streak central but the 3rd coat looks beautiful true to the color in the bottle. If you're really looking for an intense color then for 4 coats but 3 was enough for me. Not for everyone but I really like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 7:48:00 AM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My favourite turquoise on the market! It's such a beautiful color... I apply it twice and it looks beautiful. Really my go to blue

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by skywriter24

This is one of my favorite nail polishes. It is the perfect metallic-ish light turquoise color. It lasts for a very long time. I would buy this polish again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 5:29:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

ahhh such a gorgeous colour!! im in love with sea/ocean/mermaid inspired colours and this is perfect!
a green dark bluey colour. the shine effect reminds me of a shining seashell :)

I need 2 to 3 coats to achieve the perfect look. Seems like so many hates this but i actually dont mind it because i rarely make messy applications.
I guess all i can say is dont blame it toi much on the formulation

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by peachluck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What a disappointment! The colour in the bottle looks so mermaid-like but the formula is so watery that it would take more than 3 coats to achieve that kind of opaqueness colour. Considering that OPI ask for AUD$20 per bottle it would be a bad investment. I have since found other dupes and substitutes of turquoise from other brands such as Revlon and Zoya to be better.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2012 8:50:00 AM More reviews by eleventwentyseven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This color reminds me of two things: Miami grandmas and the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance from Back to the Future. A pretty, kinda mermaid-y, high shine turqoise- green. It's looking kinda campy on my fingernails at the moment- I think this color is best on the toes and with a tan.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

I have over 20 shades and finishes of different brands of turquoise polishes and this one is the prettiest of them all. BUT it goes on sheer and uneven the first couple of coats. I had to do 4 coats to get this color to totally even out to bottle color. The shimmer is just beautiful. Its gives it a depth that my other shimmer turquoises somehow do not have. Essie Trophy Wife is one I have closest to this shade but it is not a dupe. It is slightly off and the shimmer isnt as intense.