OPI Not Like The Movies

4.1

on 1/18/2014 1:25:00 PM

I bought this color at OPI when it was all the rave! Having paid full price, I didn't mind that at all. I have olive skin and unfortunately, this color just doesn't look quite right on me. I love the purple tones but the greenish tinge washes me out. I think if you have lighter or darker skin, the contrast may look much better.

on 9/12/2013 3:33:00 PM

Found this gem at TJ Maxx in a two-pack. $4 a bottle. I love love love this polish. It changes colors depending on what kind of lighting and how it hits it. Purple, green, gold, lilac......

on 6/9/2013 10:14:00 PM

I am in love with this, I found this at TJ Maxx for $2, and it worth every penny. I was obsessed with Chanel's black pearl when it came out but could not bring myself to splurge on it. However when I saw this shade in the store I was over the moon. Its reallly realllly close to a dupe, a bit lighter. 2 coats with this is really nice . It is a duochrome, I do see the green + purple come out in the light, its a grey base with microglitter. Its worth adding to your collection.

on 10/1/2012 4:34:00 PM

This is probably my favourite nail polish. It's a duochrome that switches between a kind of grey-purple and a dull green, but with microglitter, so the whole thing has a vaguely bruise/oil spill effect, but more glittery. It's just so ugly/beautiful and evocative. No application issues, no visible brush strokes, good wear time, love love love.

on 9/12/2012 3:53:00 PM

I love this color, it's so unusual. A shimmery gray with a greenish-blue ombre shimmer inside, and some tiny silver sparkles. In most indoor lighting it appears as gray but when it catches the light the right way you can see the bluish-green undertones. Pretty! And very cool!

on 7/11/2012 4:31:00 PM

Incredible. Literally the only polish I have worn more than once or twice in at least a year. It just hits all the bases: unique yet pretty, edgy but can be worn as a neutral. Love love love, should have gotten back ups.

on 5/14/2012 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Okay I've had both version of this product - the duochrome "proper" and the non duochrome copy. (btw if you want to check the id code for the proper one is 10306AAV {bottom of bottle}) and the proper version is gorgeous - purple, silver, green. Lovely by itself or over a black or white base.

The non duochrome is a bit ugly in my opinion; a greenish silver that isn't very flattery or very shiny. So if they one you have doesn't look like the pretty swatches you see in store or online; this might just be why.

on 2/9/2012 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

A bit dissappointed with this one. Does not look good on me at all. I only see grey or green and hardly and purple. Others looking at me wearing it only see green too. Good OPI quality, but just not right for me and my taste ( was trying to be adventureous!).
I am a soft and cool colouring and thought this would work - it probably does, but just not to my style.

on 1/5/2012 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Pretty but not exactly unique looks good with nails inc glitter crackle.
Good formula from OPI as always.

on 1/5/2012 1:21:00 AM

This is such a unique polish and looks very pretty. I think the main reason I only gave it a 3 is because I find it doesn't compliment my skin tone well at all :( due to this, I find I like it either under or over another polish. on its own, it was completely opaque in 2 coats which is definitely a plus and applied smoothly.

Top Rated OPI Products