Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Mint Sorbet

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/3/2015 10:25:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

When I found the original d/c much raved about Pacific Blue. I bought other original formula SH polishes. I was disappointed with Mint Sorbet, Mellow Yellow and Coral Reef.

They all had the same thick, streaky application that was ridiculous to apply. Mint Sorbet was a bit better than MY and CR and I liked the color so much I used thinner, but it didn't work. It also chipped quickly.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This has been my go to mint nail polish for a few years. I've had the same bottle for about 3 years and I haven't had to put any thinner in it yet and the formula is still good. It's a beautiful color and I love the formula. I could probably get away with one coat if I was careful but I always do 2. I don't remember how much I paid for it but it couldn't have been more than $5. I've tried a lot of different mint polishes and I always come back to this one.

on 9/17/2014 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I adore Mint Sorbet. My favourite colour of all time. I may even have to dedicate the colour theme of my wedding to this. Seriously. I don't mind that this formulation is a little on the thicker side, I find that meticulously applying this, one coat is sufficient. Great price point as well.

on 9/3/2014 12:42:00 PM

GORGEOUS light minty color! Super bright and looks so good on light or tanned skin! It survived me washing rice & doing dishes for 3 days, which is amazing lol...

The formula sucks. It's thick, goopy, and applies unevenly. This is the 3rd Xtreme formula polish that I've bought. Takes some work, so If you have the patience to try to get an even, non-streaky opaque coat, you will love it.

There are MUCH better formulas with similar colors, so I will not be repurchasing this line.

on 5/31/2014 8:49:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I purchased this nail polish over a year ago and really liked this lovely, mint shade!! Usually I do not like Sally Hanse because I have had hell lot unpleasant experiences with its formula. Essie, OPI and even Orly are my preferred mani/pedi brands. But this one, Mint Sorbet, is an exception. I just loved this trendy, cool, rich sea foam green color. The application was average and the liquid was thicker than I expected. Two coats and one top coat, I'm good to go. The only reason I'm not buying it again is that I found a perfect substitute in Essie's collection - Fashion Playground. Overall, I was very pleased with this purchase and adored this cute name - mint sorbet! Yumm!!

on 12/26/2013 8:59:00 PM

A really nice mint nail polish. It is just the perfect mix of blue and green, and is also very nice and bright. Brush is really nice and applies smoothly.

on 11/2/2013 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Mint Sorbet is my all time favorite mint nail polish! Originally, Essie's Mint Candy Apple was my favorite, but I like how Mint Sorbet is more on the green side, while Mint Candy Apple looks more blue. The Xtreme Wear line from Sally Hansen has a really good formula. Most times, I only need one coat of polish, and it dries properly with a fast-drying top coat even if the coat was thick. For the price of around $3, I love this polish and the Xtreme Wear line overall. It's probably the best polish line from the drug store in my opinion.

on 9/22/2013 8:42:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE Sally Hansen, and this polish is one of the reasons why.
Its opaque within the first coat ,(but I use 2) its brush is perfect size for my nails and it is the nicest mint polish I have ever owned!
As I am a person who chips polishes really easily, I expected to have to take this polish off within a day of wearing it, but it lasted over a week!
Overall I am thoroughly pleased with this polish and will definitely buy more bottles of it in the future.

The color is really pretty (a nice matte mint that reminds me of mint ice cream). The polish goes on easily with the brush, and it looks good with only one coat, if you are careful. Two coats works best to ensure full coverage. It lasts 4-5 days without chipping when paired with seche vite top coat. In indoor lighting, it looks okay with my skin tone (NC 20), but most of the time it makes my skin look really red and crummy. If you have pink tones in your skin, I don't think this will work for you.

on 9/3/2013 11:38:00 PM

This was such a hot color last Spring, and personally I still love it! The polish, as with many other pastel cremes like this, tends to get a bit thick over time but with a few drops of polish thinner, it's good as new. It's opaque in 1 coat, but for longevity's sake, I use 2 coats. I love the size of the brush and the way it applies the polish. And you can't beat the price! You can usually find a coupon for Sally Hansen polishes and get them even cheaper.

Popular Polishes