August 1, 2014 | 1225 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Grey Area

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a taupe/purple/ gray in the bottle. On the actual nail it looks just like a dark smokey grey color. It's perfect for fall and id' imagine it would look good on all skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful dark purplish grey. It looks fantastic against my PPP skin and applies very smoothly. I imagine this would look great on anyone..

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Mysticrhythm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE this polish! I actually don't own it yet, but I borrowed my sisters when I did my nails 4 days ago as she was raving about it. Beautiful deep grey creme, everyone else says its got plum tones but I don't see it, maybe I see colors differently lol. Almost black but much more wearable and "warmer". Looks good on any skin tone, I'm paleish but warm toned with some tan leftover from this summer and it is as equally flattering on me as it is on my uber pale, cool toned unable-to-tan sister. I used Seche Clear base coat, two coats of this, one coat of NYC topcoat in Big City Dazzle, and topped it off with a coat of my HG topcoat, Out the Door. I wore it for 4 days with absolutely no chipping, peeling, and minimal tip wear. I do a lot of cooking/housework ( I do use gloves to do dishes though) plus I play a ton with my toddler all day (helping her play with Legos, fingerpainting, lots of hand-on stuff) and I can't believe how well it held up. I only took it off cause I was dying to try a new polish I'd just gotten.

I will definitely be buying one for myself!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by yixie

I really wanted to try out a gorgeous grey, and this polish looked purfect.

Applied on my nails, there's a very obvious purple undertone.
And while I love purple polishes- i have 3- i didn't really intend to get a fourth.

Still, it's a lovely color with better staying power and formula than opi. And less than half the price! would give a 4.5 ideally :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Miri143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This nail polish is the bomb! Recently, I saw some girls at school wearing this greyish nail polish color that reminded me of wet clay. Since then I always wanted a color similar too it. I looked everywhere and I couldn't find a color like this until I went too my local CVS and saw this nail polish.

I was so estatic that I bought it without hesitation because finally I found the color that was like the one I saw on the girls at my school. I needed two coats to put this color on and it really only needs one, if you put it on right. This color has more of a purple undertone and is true too color.

I have to disagree with some of the girls one here saying "it's so dark it's almost black and it looks good on fair skin tones". This color is not that dark and its pretty clear that is some sort of grey color, not black. Also this color is universal and looks good on all skin tones from fair to dark.

In all I love this color and will be buying it againz

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by NYMakeupJunkie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This shade is perfect! It's a dark grey plumb, not flat like straight dark grey, and no brown tone. It looks awesome on fair cool skin tones. Essie duplicated this color two seasons ago at triple the cost. This formula wears decently with a good to coat like Out the Door, but I still find that it chips faster than OPI or Essie.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by alwaysalice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this colour! It's not too plum-coloured or too light. I was tempted to give this a rating of three, because the colour seems to flake rather easily even with a high quality top coat and is a bit watery (compared to other brands), but I've given it a rating of four because it's affordability and lovely colour make up for it! Sally Hansen is great at providing trendy colours at a completely affordable rate.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow. I found this polish to be really unique. SH Grey Area is beautiful; it's dark grayish purple that applies so smoothly. It is perfectly smooth and opaque with two coats. It's very dark (darker than it looks in the bottle) and flattering on my pale, cool-toned skin. It lasts on my nails with very little chipping or tip wear for a good four days; I use Revlon's extra life top coat. For the price (I paid $2.57), it can't be beat!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by ThisGirlxD14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this polish ! Even though i'm into more summer colors, and more brighter colors this is perfect ! It's a purple leaning grey creme polish. I bought this at walmart one day, and I painted one thumb just to test it out. All it took was ONE coat. ONE. Don't even get me started on application. It was so perfect ! Smooth, creamy, opaque in one coat. I love it ! Such a gorgeous color ! But I wouldn't buy again probably because I don't like to dwell on the same colors. I like to keep it moving and try diff. ones. :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by nghane

I had been searching for the perfect grey/purple color forever. Most polishes I had seen were either too grey or too plum colored, which I didn't like. I finally found the Sally Hansen Polish in the color Grey Area which I fell in LOVE with. The color literally compliments 99.9% of all skintones so I would recommend it for everyone. I was really excited that the color was from Sally Hansen because they tend to chip later (with the use of a clear topcoat) and the brushes are a little wider for easier application.
I personally think this color looks the best with medium length nails, using two coats of Grey Area and one clear coat. I also really like using a glittery purple/silver color on my ring fingernails as an accent. The formula for this polish is so thick that you could also get away with one coat if carefully applied!