Sonia Kashuk Circle of Hope Kabuki Brush

3.7

on 1/29/2014 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Even though I gave this two lippies, I am not at all impressed with this brush. It's really too bad because this is the first Sonia product I am not too thrilled with.

I bought this, tucked it away and almost forgot all about it. Mine is not the same handle as pictured. It has a bright, graphic design but the brush portion is the same. When I decided to retire my previous brush, I pulled this out with high hopes.

The first thing I noticed was how densely packed the "hairs" are. I was expecting a much fluffier and lighter touch than this delivered. I bought this brush hoping to use it for loose mineral powders. The first time I tried this out with bronzer, I did not like the result at all. The finish was blotchy and uneven, not surprising for how much product it picks up but how quickly it distributes it. Even if I gave it a tap before putting to my face, I could never get it to look the way I wanted. Perhaps with some practice, I could make this work for my original, intended purposes. That is a little more work than I like to devote to makeup application. Also, for such a quality brand, I was surprised how easily this sheds. Not just one or two here and there but multiple with each use.

I do find using it to buff liquid foundation in works well, as long as you apply the foundation to your face first, and not the brush. I found the E.L.F. Studio Kabuki brush is just right and what I was hoping this brush would have been. There is always the possibility I got a dud but because it was not cheap and sheds so much, I will not buy another of these brushes.

on 3/28/2011 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this.... Its works really well with any types of powder (loose/pressed). It sheds after a couple months which is the reason why I wouldn't purchase. Also, I thnk this is a limted time offer when supporting fightng for cancer was around. Also, I got this on clearance..so not too shaby.

on 12/6/2010 12:36:00 PM

I bought this with the Circle Around a Cause brush set to add to my brush collection! this lady is a real stunner! Works great and plus points for its beauty! Whenever I bring this out heads are turning :) I just sooo love the pretty pink hair and the silver faux-metal handle. Great LE item SK!